The Pre-Super Bowl Georgia High School Top Ten

Rufus69

On 2/3/2018 at 9:26 AM, ECHS05 said:

What has he done? He was a HC for 1 season before coming to Grayson.

Grayson has now lost a really good DC too.

Had Herron not left... Grayson wouldve swept GAs large class state title game from 2016-2018.

Graysons offense had 0 identity or ingenuity last year... And that wasnt a problem til Hunnicutt arrived.

Correlation doesn't equal causation.  There were several other factors that played into that and you know them as well as I do.  I'm looking forward to seeing what happens this year and next.  We are missing a piece or two and if those fall into place we should do very well.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 94Packer said:

I don’t know why your LMFAO..... yeah I’m A Colquitt guy but on paper there is a TON of D1 talent at Grayson there is no doubt about it. They recruit with the best of them😂.Fo Rizzle

We home grown way more than come in from the outside.  Go back and look at the records for the JV and ninth grade teams.

3 hours ago, Fred said:

We home grown way more than come in from the outside.  Go back and look at the records for the JV and ninth grade teams.

I’m not knocking you at all you do have tons of talent but don’t pretend like you don’t recruit. Your school district area wise is small geographically so it makes sense.  Gwinnett County has a population density of around 1900 per square mile don’t pretend that kids don’t cross districts especially when you have 19 school districts in one county .

23 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

ATLien says they have a QB "incoming". Interested to see who thats going to be.

BUFORDGAWOLVES, is biased for Hunnicutt bc he was at Buford for years. He acts like myself and 1 other guy are the only ones that question whether he can maximize Graysons potential or not. Im betting 90% of Georgians with any knowledge toward our HSFB is wondering the same...

Graysons DC leaving now moves them even further into unknown territory.

They'll be good. But what I saw last year was worrisome. Their offense was WAY too talented to be so average. In fact talent alone is what they relied on, their offense had no identity. I will give them this, losing Ronald Thompkins to injury hurt... And I personally didnt care for their QB, DJ Irons.

With a good QB, and bringing in a solid DC... Grayson will no doubt challenge for state. They are too talented not to.

Blah blah blah, you freaking nut hugger. You jumped all over XFactor didn’t ya, just had to validate yourself didn’t ya?

90% of all Georgia HSFootball support your opinion? No, just 2 and yourself as of now... that makes 3. 

But, wait a freaking minute, you got 6 pages of you tube videos on a thread and suddenly you’re a football savant. 

God forbid you lose power without backup, you’re gonna go into anaphylactic shock without your daily self validation. 

The season will be here soon enough, clean your utensils. 

4 hours ago, Fred said:

Correlation doesn't equal causation.  There were several other factors that played into that and you know them as well as I do.  I'm looking forward to seeing what happens this year and next.  We are missing a piece or two and if those fall into place we should do very well.

Yes there were other factors... The problem is that 1 season is all we have to go by. Will Ronald Thompkins play a larger role at RB assuming hes healthy next season? He was their best RB by a long shot.

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Yes there were other factors... The problem is that 1 season is all we have to go by. Will Ronald Thompkins play a larger role at RB assuming hes healthy next season? He was their best RB by a long shot.

I remember Thompkins was running all over John Curtis.... Carrying multiple guys 7-8 yards down the field after contact... He had 89 yards on 10 carries then he went down with an injury and Grayson struggled moving the ball vs JC until the 4th Quarter... I never saw Thompkins run the ball again after that game. 

If Grayson can get a good QB, and Thompkins back at RB... They have all the other pieces on O to be an elite unit.

The defense is going to be very good regardless. Although it sucks their DC left, Im very curious who will take his place.

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

I remember Thompkins was running all over John Curtis.... Carrying multiple guys 7-8 yards down the field after contact... He had 89 yards on 10 carries then he went down with an injury and Grayson struggled moving the ball vs JC until the 4th Quarter... I never saw Thompkins run the ball again after that game. 

If Grayson can get a good QB, and Thompkins back at RB... They have all the other pieces on O to be an elite unit.

The defense is going to be very good regardless. Although it sucks their DC left, Im very curious who will take his place.

If it goes the way I've heard, you might be surprised.

6 hours ago, 94Packer said:

I’m not knocking you at all you do have tons of talent but don’t pretend like you don’t recruit. Your school district area wise is small geographically so it makes sense.  Gwinnett County has a population density of around 1900 per square mile don’t pretend that kids don’t cross districts especially when you have 19 school districts in one county .

Just because you can't conceive it doesn't mean it isn't true.  What we do have is a program kids and their parents want to be a part of.  Some families choose to move in.  Many think we are out there scouring the bushes for players and it just isn't true.  GFL means a lot of these kids know each other pretty well.  Yes they probably talk.  There is nothing anyone can do about that.  The other side of that is we've lost good players to other schools and teams as well.  It goes both ways.  Every team has players show up...including the Packers.  Y'all constantly say you don't recruit.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2018 at 10:58 AM, Rufus69 said:

It's early.  WAY EARLY.  but...it's NEVER too early to talk about Georgia High School Football.  Let me preface this with a ...this is not a detailed analysis of what it coming.  This IS...a glance at what we see as potential opportunity as of February 1st.  But you could and should...take it as Gospel.....

1.  Grayson 

2.  North Gwinnett

3.  Marietta

4.  McEachern

5.  Brookwood

6.  Archer

7.  Buford

8.  Walton

9.  Lowndes

10.  Lee County

And just for dart throwing...

11.  Northside Warner Robins

12.  Tucker

13.  Rome

14.  The Mighty Warner Robins Red Demons

15.  Colquitt

Updates AFTER Spring......

Rufus>>

This is Georgia High School football for at least a couple more months.  After spring games...there probably will be some slight adjustments.

Rufus>>

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:58 AM, Rufus69 said:

It's early.  WAY EARLY.  but...it's NEVER too early to talk about Georgia High School Football.  Let me preface this with a ...this is not a detailed analysis of what it coming.  This IS...a glance at what we see as potential opportunity as of February 1st.  But you could and should...take it as Gospel.....

1.  Grayson 

2.  North Gwinnett

3.  Marietta

4.  McEachern

5.  Brookwood

6.  Archer

7.  Buford

8.  Walton

9.  Lowndes

10.  Lee County

And just for dart throwing...

11.  Northside Warner Robins

12.  Tucker

13.  Rome

14.  The Mighty Warner Robins Red Demons

15.  Colquitt

Updates AFTER Spring......

Rufus>>

Good thang we only hafta play four of those!O.o

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, ECHS05 said:

Brookwood is going to fall pretty hard, not even sure theyll be Top 15.

They lose a ton. And some high-quality guys.

Tuckers probably too high, they lose one of the best senior classes in GA.

Lee Co. might fall off a little bit, but not much.

Blessed Trinity brings back a lot, they may be a serious threat to break into the Top 10 even being 4A.

You are always a big Milton guy, whered they go?

Hillgrove should be better in 2018.

And no ELCA!? They are gonna be fire baby!

They lost a TON in the quarterfinals TOO!xD