Duncanville,TX vs Evangel,LA

Nolebull813

24 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Samples will have these kids locked and loaded.  His most talented duncanville teams to date is his 2020 class.  His superstar, do everything, athlete ja'Quinden jackson  is one of the top rated recruits in Texas for 2020.  

With that said I will be rooting for them to Smoke ECA. But those Shrvprt, La kids be balling and are usually tough.  They sure are not afraid to come and play anyone.  They have played, Longview, Allen, SLC,  Lake Travis, Abilene, Lufkin and now D'ville.  Only SLC and Longview really put it to them in all those games. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

With that said I will be rooting for them to Smoke ECA. But those Shrvprt, La kids be balling and are usually tough.  They sure are not afraid to come and play anyone.  They have played, Longview, Allen, SLC,  Lake Travis, Abilene, Lufkin and now D'ville.  Only SLC and Longview really put it to them in all those games. 

No doubt ECA has stepped up big in TX and I'm sure they will not lay down but compete. 

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Duncanville will surprise some people this season, surprisingly they are really not on anyone's radar.  It's Allen, LT,  katy, NS and Longview getting the early hype.

LT could have their most explosive (and best) team ever this year. 

How would 2016 LT have done against 2017 Allen? I still believe that Cav offense was the best in Texas history.

19 hours ago, DevilDog said:

A former player for EC told me 2008 Longview was the toughest team he went against (he was around when LV played SLC in '06 too). 

2008 LT was up 39-12 on EC at half, and Gilbert had 414 yards on them. Some say the refs were bad, maybe so. But LT had not peaked yet anyway.

18 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

LT could have their most explosive (and best) team ever this year. 

How would 2016 LT have done against 2017 Allen? I still believe that Cav offense was the best in Texas history.

Yep, some LT posters on the other site were very high on this year's team, apparently you all have a lot of young talent coming up the ranks.  D1 will be interesting the next few years as LT, duncanville and north shore have talented 2020 classes.

allen will be talented this year, return quite a bit plus they've been helped with a few move ins to add to their depth.

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

A former player for EC told me 2008 Longview was the toughest team he went against (he was around when LV played SLC in '06 too). 

2008 LT was up 39-12 on EC at half, and Gilbert had 414 yards on them. Some say the refs were bad, maybe so. But LT had not peaked yet anyway.

You will never hear me bad mouth LT.  After watching a wounded Team take Allen to the wire convinced me about the quality of that Program.  Horsefly had told me they would put up a fight and I think he picked them to win that one as well.  I was in Waco with the Redskin and we watched you guys smoke LV in the 4A Playoffs.  And Gilbert is one of the Best HS QB's I ever saw.  Do you remember in that game where a LT kid lit up a LV kid and they kept showing it on the big screen?9_9  I was rooting for Beast Texas by the way.  

20 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Not a good look.  From the football coaching/school board fiasco to this, Desoto can't afford any more negative attention..

It's horrible.  They forfeited their remaining District games but D'vile decided to continue and will win the District due to Desoto taking 2 losses.  

On 10/02/2018 at 2:35 PM, DevilDog said:

You will never hear me bad mouth LT.  After watching a wounded Team take Allen to the wire convinced me about the quality of that Program.  Horsefly had told me they would put up a fight and I think he picked them to win that one as well.  I was in Waco with the Redskin and we watched you guys smoke LV in the 4A Playoffs.  And Gilbert is one of the Best HS QB's I ever saw.  Do you remember in that game where a LT kid lit up a LV kid and they kept showing it on the big screen?9_9  I was rooting for Beast Texas by the way.  

Did you go to both LV vs LT title games? And I believe that player was Ian Lazarus (#6), I could be wrong though. To me, that 2008 team was immortal. And Gilbert is still the best HS player I've seen after all these years.

4 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Did you go to both LV vs LT title games? And I believe that player was Ian Lazarus (#6), I could be wrong though. To me, that 2008 team was immortal. And Gilbert is still the best HS player I've seen after all these years.

The 1st one and today whenever I mention the Lobo's my Redskin brings up that hit and how they replayed it over and over :D.  Gilbert was the Best HS QB I ever seen throw a football. I was so excited, though on the Lobos side, in the 4th qtr I kept saying hell yea Longhorns.  Didn't quite workout like I expected.  That kid stuck that Lobo with that hit.

On 2/10/2018 at 2:35 PM, DevilDog said:

You are talking about this hit vs Longview in 2008, the play before starts around the 3:30 mark than moves to the hit by the same kid  Lazarus #6 ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, State Champ said:

You are talking about this hit vs Longview in 2008, the play before starts around the 3:30 mark than moves to the hit my the same kid  Lazarus #6 ...

That's it at the 4:10 mark. My girl still talks about this every time I mention the Lobos. Thank you I am texting this to her right now. Classic they kept showing it over and over on the big screen in Waco.  Great Stick 

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

Isn't Allen your team? It's a shame that LT and Allen didn't get to meet at a place like Floyd Casey or Kyle Field.

I am a LT fan, been here since 1994 , been in Austin since 1986 and I am not really a Allen fan even before we met up. Just think that we should have beaten them and probably would have. Hope to met them again next year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, State Champ said:

I am a LT fan, been here since 1994 , been in Austin since 1986 and I am not really a Allen fan even before we met up. Just think that we should have beaten them and probably would have. Hope to met them again next year

Oh ok cool deal then. Yes I hope LT gets another crack at Allen again. It's amazing how a short-handed LT team (a team with a lacking run Game and Defense throughout the year) was able to make such a run, taking out Judson, big bad Katy, and nearly Allen. 

How do you think the 2008 team compares to 2016? Who was better overall? 

2 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Oh ok cool deal then. Yes I hope LT gets another crack at Allen again. It's amazing how a short-handed LT team (a team with a lacking run Game and Defense throughout the year) was able to make such a run, taking out Judson, big bad Katy, and nearly Allen. 

How do you think the 2008 team compares to 2016? Who was better overall? 

Hard to say love them both, it was fun watching the kids grow up