Rankings States by % of Blue Chippers

DevilDog

Florida takes over from Texas this year.  The also get a bump from IMG which is not necessarily Florida Kids in some cases:

Ranking all 50 states by their percentage of 2018’s blue-chip college football recruits

Florida reclaims the throne from Texas, and here comes Georgia.

Florida reclaims the throne from Texas, which led the way with 47 in the class of 2017 and 50 in 2016. Florida led in 2015, when it produced the likes of FSU safety Derwin James, Alabama receiver Calvin Ridley, and Florida tackle Martez Ivey. The state has five players rated five stars, which is huge. Florida gets a significant bump from 11 blue-chippers at Bradenton’s IMG Academy, some of whom are initially from elsewhere.

Georgia continues to set itself apart as the biggest recruiting state outside the big three. This year, Georgia’s much closer to those states than it is to Ohio and Louisiana, two states often considered Georgia’s peers.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2017/12/18/16780636/best-recruits-2018-state-rankings

All 50 states and D.C., ranked by 2018 blue-chip recruits

State Blue-Chips National Share
Florida 65 17.8%
California 48 13.2%
Texas 44 12.1%
Georgia 40 11.0%
Ohio 12 3.3%
Louisiana 12 3.3%
North Carolina 12 3.3%
Pennsylvania 12 3.3%
Tennessee 11 3.0%
Alabama 10 2.7%
  • Like 1

Here’s the distribution for the top 16 states in the last six classes combined, going back to 2013.

The best blue-chip talent states from 2013-18

State Blue-Chips, '13-'18 National Share
Florida 292 14.4%
Texas 273 13.5%
California 247 12.2%
Georgia 181 9.0%
Ohio 91 4.5%
Louisiana 86 4.3%
Alabama 69 3.4%
North Carolina 63 3.1%
Virginia 61 3.0%
Pennsylvania 56 2.8%
Tennessee 55 2.7%
New Jersey 50 2.5%
Maryland 45 2.2%
Michigan 42 2.1%
Illinois 41 2.0%
Mississippi 41 2.0%
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

We gonna break this out by population, asking for a friend?:ph34r:

We have nearly 100 more than GA 

Even if done by size FL would likely still have top spot and besides GA has infinite more resources put into football than Florida so size shouldn't matter because they have a advantage most in Florida don't have 

Big name coaches 

So regardless FL has proven they are able to make the most out of What we got, if the state put the money into football that GA does or Texas does then FL would never lose the top spot

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

We have nearly 100 more than GA 

Even if done by size FL would likely still have top spot and besides GA has infinite more resources put into football than Florida so size shouldn't matter because they have a advantage most in Florida don't have 

Big name coaches 

So regardless FL has proven they are able to make the most out of What we got, if the state put the money into football that GA does or Texas does then FL would never lose the top spot

Soooo, Florida has 10 million more people than Ga and of that 10 million 999,999 are retirees... bear with me building a preemptive baseline for your forthcoming argument and want to shorten the thread by being well... preemptive.

And you pump zero dollars into your kids, because well 98% of Florida is white knuckled and blue haired at the wheel of those 73 caddy's, and gotta have bingo and shuffleboard, right?

2.7 million students in 4,269 schools at roughly 100 kids a team roughly 426,900 football players and out of that  292 are blue chips, you call that productive?

By all means get some coaches!

No wonder IMG put up shop!

Florida SUCKS!

5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Soooo, Florida has 10 million more people than Ga and of that 10 million 999,999 are retirees... bear with me building a preemptive baseline for your forthcoming argument and want to shorten the thread by being well... preemptive.

And you pump zero dollars into your kids, because well 98% of Florida is white knuckled and blue haired at the wheel of those 73 caddy's, and gotta have bingo and shuffleboard, right?

2.7 million students in 4,269 schools at roughly 100 kids a team roughly 426,900 football players and out of that  292 are blue chips, you call that productive?

By all means get some coaches!

No wonder IMG put up shop!

Florida SUCKS!

Exactly 

That's why the population argument Means nothing 

Those old retirees aren't putting on pads so FL probably has a similar player numbers as GA 

Keep in mind that while FL might have a few more schools they don't have the same roster size as GA 

FL rosters average between 40-70 on Varsity plus maybe 40 on jv

GA rosters have over 100 on varsity, plus jv and freshman teams

Very few schools even carry a freshman team anymore in FL 

So if were to compare how many players are available to each state the gap wouldn't be as wide as people want everyone here to think 

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Exactly 

Those old retirees aren't putting on pads so FL probably has a similar player numbers as GA 

Keep in mind that while FL might have a few more schools they don't have the same roster size as GA 

So if were to compare how many players are available to each state the gap wouldn't be as wide as people want everyone here to think 

Forgive me, I failed at provoking you..... Hahahaha

Certainly have the athletes in Florida.

An aside, don't hear much about Belle Glade is it still producing studs?

This settles who the Big 4 are.  And the HS football quality seems to bear it out.  Now if you want to argue the best of the Big 4 that is another Subject.  They are also the 4 fastest States as well.  (My Track reference but it is true) Ga. is closer to the Big 3 than they are La. and OH where people try to compare them. 

We see Ya JawJaa.  Now start acting like you belong and knock off the 35 threads a week. 9_9 You are among Royalty now. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Exactly

Population *does* mean something.  Forget the blue hairs. Florida has about 1,000,000 more students k-12 than Georgia.  The raw material is there even if your state does a poor job of using it.  If your average roster sizes are smaller it speaks to your inability to get kids to play.  That's your problem, not ours.  Even with smaller roster sizes you have more students and more schools.  You *should* have many, many more elite players.

1 hour ago, Fred said:

Population *does* mean something.  Forget the blue hairs. Florida has about 1,000,000 more students k-12 than Georgia.  The raw material is there even if your state does a poor job of using it.  If your average roster sizes are smaller it speaks to your inability to get kids to play.  That's your problem, not ours.  Even with smaller roster sizes you have more students and more schools.  You *should* have many, many more elite players.

You are correct there

We should have more elite players and more elite teams

In my opinion (and many others)  it stems to 2 causes

1) poor financial support

2) poor coaching 

What I'm saying though is i see GA guys using excuse that FL only has more because of our higher population which is bullshit

Texas has nearly 3 times the size of Florida yet we passed them so GA can't use state size as a excuse for trailing FL 

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

This settles who the Big 4 are.  And the HS football quality seems to bear it out.  Now if you want to argue the best of the Big 4 that is another Subject.  They are also the 4 fastest States as well.  (My Track reference but it is true) Ga. is closer to the Big 3 than they are La. and OH where people try to compare them. 

We see Ya JawJaa.  Now start acting like you belong and knock off the 35 threads a week. 9_9 You are among Royalty now. 

YES,SIR! Am I allowed to say sir? Or is SgtM? Asking for friend, don’t wanna get shot.😂

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

You are correct there

We should have more elite players and more elite teams

In my opinion (any many others)  it stems to 2 causes

1) poor financial support

2) poor coaching 

What I'm saying though is i see GA guys using excuse that FL only has more because of our higher population which is bullshit

Texas has nearly 3 times the size of Florida yet we passed them so GA can't use state size as a excuse for trailing FL 

Hmmnnn, strong argument there Holmes 😎

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Florida takes over from Texas this year.  The also get a bump from IMG which is not necessarily Florida Kids in some cases:

Ranking all 50 states by their percentage of 2018’s blue-chip college football recruits

Florida reclaims the throne from Texas, and here comes Georgia.

Florida reclaims the throne from Texas, which led the way with 47 in the class of 2017 and 50 in 2016. Florida led in 2015, when it produced the likes of FSU safety Derwin James, Alabama receiver Calvin Ridley, and Florida tackle Martez Ivey. The state has five players rated five stars, which is huge. Florida gets a significant bump from 11 blue-chippers at Bradenton’s IMG Academy, some of whom are initially from elsewhere.

Georgia continues to set itself apart as the biggest recruiting state outside the big three. This year, Georgia’s much closer to those states than it is to Ohio and Louisiana, two states often considered Georgia’s peers.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2017/12/18/16780636/best-recruits-2018-state-rankings

All 50 states and D.C., ranked by 2018 blue-chip recruits

State Blue-Chips National Share
Florida 65 17.8%
California 48 13.2%
Texas 44 12.1%
Georgia 40 11.0%
Ohio 12 3.3%
Louisiana 12 3.3%
North Carolina 12 3.3%
Pennsylvania 12 3.3%
Tennessee 11 3.0%
Alabama 10 2.7%

Are you a MASOCHISTS as WELL? Why put your state in a bad comparison with GEORGIA? 26,000,000 vs 10,000,000, and virtually the SAME number of blue chippers!xD

7 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

Are you a MASOCHISTS as WELL? Why put your state in a bad comparison with GEORGIA? 26,000,000 vs 10,000,000, and virtually the SAME number of blue chippers!xD

Because I have 15mil more Grandmothers proves nothing numbnutz.  You would only use football players that got recruited to College and then divide that by the number of Blue Chippers for a true representation.  You are from Rural JawJaa I stereotypically expect you to be dumb and you Factually prove my stereotypical thoughts. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Because I have 15mil more Grandmothers proves nothing numbnutz.  You would only use football players that got recruited to College and then divide that by the number of Blue Chippers for a true representation.  You are from Rural JawJaa I stereotypically expect you to be dumb and you Factually prove my stereotypical thoughts. 

15,000,000 more Gramps equates to a lot more Grandchillern in which the football programs can develop (or not develop) into blue chippers, right??

31 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

15,000,000 more Gramps equates to a lot more Grandchillern in which the football programs can develop (or not develop) into blue chippers, right??

Not when 3/4 of them are Foreign which is not the case in the deep Soufffeee.  Haven't we had this discussion before. In Beast Texas that would 100% be the case just like the Old Souffeee.