Example of the problems with socialized medicine

HSFBfan

See here in America you go to the doctor anytime you want and they treat you. When you go to these other countries such as Canada Britain and the like they tell you when they can see you. In this example the person had an appointment at 5pm. they showed up at 5:10 and was deemed late for the appointment. At the end of the day the patient was not seen and died. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-43196732

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

See here in America you go to the doctor anytime you want and they treat you. When you go to these other countries such as Canada Britain and the like they tell you when they can see you. In this example the person had an appointment at 5pm. they showed up at 5:10 and was deemed late for the appointment. At the end of the day the patient was not seen and died. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-43196732

In America you used to be able to get pain pills like tic tacs.  Times have changed from pill mills and docs scripting pain meds like crazy.   Yet as a result heroin is now an epidemic in many areas of the country.   

Heroin (and Russian roulette w fentanyl) is an epidemic in NJ.  I took this pic inside a town hall in the lobby.   

Thank pharmas, lobbyists and the docs for selling their souls for profit.  Lobbyist scum, pharma and NRA 1A and 1B.  

CAEA8C83-2704-4939-9F19-C0B83B3A1325.png

2 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

In America you used to be able to get pain pills like tic tacs.  Times have changed from pill mills and docs scripting pain meds like crazy.   Yet as a result heroin is now an epidemic in many areas of the country.   

Heroin (and Russian roulette w fentanyl) is an epidemic in NJ.  I took this pic inside a town hall in the lobby.   

Thank pharmas, lobbyists and the docs for selling their souls for profit.  Lobbyist scum, pharma and NRA 1A and 1B.  

CAEA8C83-2704-4939-9F19-C0B83B3A1325.png

yes its a huge problem. i lost my cousin to Heroin in NJ. But i wouldnt put the NRA anywhere near the same group as big pharma. But i also believe that we are wasting billions towards this whole opioid  epidemic. People who want to get on drugs will get on it. We could use the billions of dollars that we are spending on that on other things. 

Clearly something has to be wrong we are not in the Top 16 Countries in the world for the best HealthCare.  Again the Trumpster's not up on the facts> Oh and Canada made the list.  Though Some Canadians do come South for some Care.  But a helluva a lot of Americans go abroad for it too do to the extreme costs here.

http://nordic.businessinsider.com/the-16-countries-with-the-worlds-best-healthcare-systems-2017-1/

Health is measured by three key components by the Legatum Institute: a country's basic mental and physical health, health infrastructure, and the availability of preventative care.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the countries that have the best scores in the Prosperity Index, and therefore rank as the world's healthiest, are generally big, developed economies with large amounts of resources.  T

Don't ever let facts get In the way of reality

Lots of people are pointing out that this isn’t really true, but I want to point out something different: Americans flee the US in pretty similar numbers to Canadians fleeing Canada. The best numbers we have suggest that about 45,000 Canadians left the country for medical care in 2015. (That’s all destinations, not just the US.) Meanwhile, about 250,000 Americans left the US for medical care abroad. And these numbers don’t even count the number of Americans who get their prescription drugs from overseas.

Overall, then, that’s about 0.13 percent of Canadians and 0.08 percent of Americans who flee their countries for health care. Those are pretty similar numbers. The only real difference is the reason for leaving. Canadians mostly cite wait times for elective surgery. Americans mostly cite the high cost of medical treatment.

So you see, every kind of health care system has its own problems. Canada’s is bad for rich people who can afford to pay top dollar to get faster service. America’s is bad for poor people, who would go bankrupt if they paid American prices. Check your moral compass and take your pick

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Lots of people are pointing out that this isn’t really true, but I want to point out something different: Americans flee the US in pretty similar numbers to Canadians fleeing Canada. The best numbers we have suggest that about 45,000 Canadians left the country for medical care in 2015. (That’s all destinations, not just the US.) Meanwhile, about 250,000 Americans left the US for medical care abroad. And these numbers don’t even count the number of Americans who get their prescription drugs from overseas.

Overall, then, that’s about 0.13 percent of Canadians and 0.08 percent of Americans who flee their countries for health care. Those are pretty similar numbers. The only real difference is the reason for leaving. Canadians mostly cite wait times for elective surgery. Americans mostly cite the high cost of medical treatment.

So you see, every kind of health care system has its own problems. Canada’s is bad for rich people who can afford to pay top dollar to get faster service. America’s is bad for poor people, who would go bankrupt if they paid American prices. Check your moral compass and take your pick

Its "Bad for rich people" thats the problem... 

If the rich hate it here they'll bitch about it and bam... we're all fucked... 

Because you know fuck the common will of the people... 

14 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

you know what I find interesting, disturbing

some of our best doctors, i mean BEST are lured away from their practice (and all they save) to do private work for the richest people on the planet when they become stricken.  Yes, cancer and heart doctors away months at a time to care for one individual. 

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

yes its a huge problem. i lost my cousin to Heroin in NJ. But i wouldnt put the NRA anywhere near the same group as big pharma. But i also believe that we are wasting billions towards this whole opioid  epidemic. People who want to get on drugs will get on it. We could use the billions of dollars that we are spending on that on other things. 

You should ask yourself: why do so many residents of the USA feel the need to get on drugs that will most assuredly shorten and make miserable their lives? 

If you don't ask yourself questions and then truly search for answers, you will always be stuck in the gear you're in. 

2 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

You should ask yourself: why do so many residents of the USA feel the need to get on drugs that will most assuredly shorten and make miserable their lives? 

If you don't ask yourself questions and then truly search for answers, you will always be stuck in the gear you're in. 

And the gear he is stuck in is probably the only gear he has. 6 speeds of it. 

here lately he's in 5th. 

Image result for stuck on stupid meme

xD

• Haha 1