2015 HSFB MNC was Not Caulquit. BREAKING NEWSSS

LiberalDonaldTrump

34 minutes ago, 954gator said:

DLS lost to a multiple loss Texas team that didn't go far in the playoffs and should be equal to the undefeated Texas state champ?  Could DLS have played with Katy and maybe beat them, sure it's possible, but you have to be flawless to be considered MNC IMO.    It's not like the NCAA playoffs where you can sneak in with one loss.  

DLS lost to a TX team that was top 10 and had already also beaten the TX state champ in the bigger bracket than Katy before having key players out in an early playoff exit

i wasn’t following DLS in ‘90s but they’ve won pieces of MNCs in ‘07, ‘10, ‘12 (comp poll), ‘14, and ‘15 and 2015 was the best team imho 

i wouldnt have given them #1 because I agree with you that the hsfb MNC ought to be undefeated at least, but CP got the best team right that year — after their trip to TX, DLS rolled their schedule and beat the week 16 #1 team in country in just about every poll — they earned their “piece” of the MNC 

I’m not a big fan of pollsters with an eastern bias like DJ so I get your beef with CP, but I’d accept both rather than just the one I prefer 

15 minutes ago, Pops said:

DLS lost to a TX team that was top 10 and had already also beaten the TX state champ in the bigger bracket than Katy before having key players out in an early playoff exit

i wasn’t following DLS in ‘90s but they’ve won pieces of MNCs in ‘07, ‘10, ‘12 (comp poll), ‘14, and ‘15 and 2015 was the best team imho 

i wouldnt have given them #1 because I agree with you that the hsfb MNC ought to be undefeated at least, but CP got the best team right that year — after their trip to TX, DLS rolled their schedule and beat the week 16 #1 team in country in just about every poll — they earned their “piece” of the MNC 

I’m not a big fan of pollsters with an eastern bias like DJ so I get your beef with CP, but I’d accept both rather than just the one I prefer 

Still, pretty sure all the eastern biased polls will crown a Western team that is deserving.    Like MD this year and BG recently.   Calpreps has been all California with the exception being  BG last year, but only because they beat the top rated Cali team.  In 2015 BG was ranked behind THREE one loss Cali teams, even though they were undefeated.   Cali was 1, 2, and 4 and all had a loss.    This is why it can't be taken that seriously.   

In 2013 BTW was not even in the top 10 lol.     Behind teams from Missouri,  Utah, and Colorado.    Somehow St. Joes Regional with 1 loss (to DBP) is like 15 spots higher than 1 loss Miami Central who beat Bosco by 30 in NJ.    Makes no sense.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 2/27/2018 at 5:13 PM, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

National champs were Katy Texas   And Bishop Gorman 

@ORabidOne I can’t believe u claim to be National Champs

haha STOLEN VALOR

Did you even serve in the military?

know one believes the Dog shit that   Comes out of ur mouth

1B28C3D5-4C39-4B35-8B0B-56A89EDA0FE3.png

Dude.  Really?  You are actually quoting Wikipedia as an authoritative source?  Have you no shame?  Wait...we already know the answer to that.  Anyone can put anything on Wikipedia.  SMH.

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

Still, pretty sure all the eastern biased polls will crown a Western team that is deserving.    Like MD this year and BG recently.   Calpreps has been all California with the exception being  BG last year, but only because they beat the top rated Cali team.  

Except for 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, and 2016, you’re exactly right

In 2015 BG was ranked behind THREE one loss Cali teams, even though they were undefeated.   Cali was 1, 2, and 4 and all had a loss.    This is why it can't be taken that seriously.   

In 2011, DLS won the CA Open over a top 10 team 35-0 and was ranked behind 6 FL teams, some with two losses, some that didn’t win state in a state that hands out titles like candy, and for good measure, Prattville, who besides losing at home to the only opponent DLS did 3,000 miles away also lost to Opelika

that is why human pills can’t be taken seriously — DJ went drinking in the SE 7on7 circuit and doesn’t know where I-5 is

In 2013 BTW was not even in the top 10 lol.     Behind teams from Missouri,  Utah, and Colorado.    Somehow St. Joes Regional with 1 loss (to DBP) is like 15 spots higher than 1 loss Miami Central who beat Bosco by 30 in NJ.    Makes no sense.  

BTW was #7 before CP inexplicably recalibrated this offseason and dropped them to #16

that was a mistake

but arguably not as big as all the human pills giving them #1 that year just because they played their marquee game (vs MC) before Allen played Desoto or SJB played DLS and 8 more top 300 opponents than BTW did (who didn’t even play a top 1,000 team in the state “championship”

8 hours ago, Pops said:

So just because somebody with a website makes a poll, you accept it?  Ill have to pick me up a website one of these days...

7 hours ago, Pops said:

Except for 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, and 2016, you’re exactly right

In 2011, DLS won the CA Open over a top 10 team 35-0 and was ranked behind 6 FL teams, some with two losses, some that didn’t win state in a state that hands out titles like candy, and for good measure, Prattville, who besides losing at home to the only opponent DLS did 3,000 miles away also lost to Opelika

that is why human pills can’t be taken seriously — DJ went drinking in the SE 7on7 circuit and doesn’t know where I-5 is

BTW was #7 before CP inexplicably recalibrated this offseason and dropped them to #16

that was a mistake

but arguably not as big as all the human pills giving them #1 that year just because they played their marquee game (vs MC) before Allen played Desoto or SJB played DLS and 8 more top 300 opponents than BTW did (who didn’t even play a top 1,000 team in the state “championship”

First of all I should have clarified as I was talking recently and yes DBP was also awarded one in 2011.    Looking back it looks like Cpreps wasn't as biased for California in the early years, but it was honestly even worse.  

As far as BTW's strength of schedule it's all based on calpreps and heavily inflated for Cali.   BTW played two OOS state champs on the road in addition to Central.   Central's schedule was much tougher than CP shows also yet crappy rating by CP.  

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

So just because somebody with a website makes a poll, you accept it?  Ill have to pick me up a website one of these days...

Have no idea what you mean

is this JUST against CP or polls in general vs a guy like you with a steel trap hsfb mind?

they all have websites — if you want to go with the one with the most behind it, USAT is your poll....... is it?

11 hours ago, Pops said:

that was a mistake

So 5 of the last 6 years its been West Coast...

And 6 of the last 8...

2003-2007, CalPreps should be just tossed into the trash honestly.

But NOW... Its been set up, so the best SoCal team in that "circle" of teams is basically gonna be the champ. All those teams play each other, and they are all overrated to start... But they just keep each other up.

First of all I should have clarified as I was talking recently and yes DBP was also awarded one in 2011.    Looking back it looks like Cpreps wasn't as biased for California in the early years, but it was honestly even worse.  

As far as BTW's strength of schedule it's all based on calpreps and heavily inflated for Cali.   BTW played two OOS state champs on the road in addition to Central.   Central's schedule was much tougher than CP shows also yet crappy rating by CP.  

So, to clarify....,,

CP is only biased when it awards CA an MNC?

gitcha

i get that CP isn’t perfect and I somewhat get and understand your angst about SOS also being influenced...... and fwiw, all of CP’s CA bias, tonthe extent it exists, is exclusive to socal.  When the playoffs started in 2012 (the year DLS last win the comp poll), DLS was 9th IN CALIFORNIA, gut before they 4-peated the Open by 14, 40, 35, and 20 and we’re the only NorCal team in top 25 right before NorCal won the non-DLS big game for 3rd time in 5 years

again, my attitude is ALL polls have flaws, but CP is unique in providing all the support for their positions and you can accept it or not — one thing that’s huge that CP does better than human pills is that it does NOT award MNCs in September and isn’t so rigid to do what USAT did to DLS in 2010 when they were #3 going into Open, #1 Trinity lost and #2 South Panola’s season had been over for 3 weeks resting on their laurels if their win over Olive Branch.  DLS defeats an undefeated Pac5 champ ranked in every top 5 by 40 in a game that wasn’t nearly that close and doesn’t jump one team.

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

So 5 of the last 6 years its been West Coast...

And 6 of the last 8...

2003-2007, CalPreps should be just tossed into the trash honestly.

But NOW... Its been set up, so the best SoCal team in that "circle" of teams is basically gonna be the champ. All those teams play each other, and they are all overrated to start... But they just keep each other up.

Pick a year where an undeserving west coast team was named MNC — DONT just was poetic with you extreme homerism 

On 2/27/2018 at 7:15 PM, ECHS05 said:

Losing to Euless Trinity... Beating Cen10 at seasons end simply isnt enough to make up for it. 

Since DLS had so few Bold games, the playoff ones count for alot... Even games like beating DO and OLU contributed a lot...  . If you have 1 Bold Regular season game... And 5 Bold playoff games you dominate, you can rise very easily. Theres a way to play CalPreps.

Its just too subjective and impossible to Scale at a national level... even with the new " improvements" (that were made after years of me pointing out the flaw)

And if you schedule ISB, you ought to be disqualified from national rankings, much less MNC

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Pops said:

DJ doesn't know as much as he thinks he does 

2 hours ago, Pops said:

Have no idea what you mean

is this JUST against CP or polls in general vs a guy like you with a steel trap hsfb mind?

they all have websites — if you want to go with the one with the most behind it, USAT is your poll....... is it?

Usa today is weak poll too

Poll on this forum was far better than that garbage

21 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Usa today is weak poll too

Poll on this forum was far better than that garbage

Agreed but very thin bona fides to be recognized anywhere outside this message board

my position is just that if it’s a legit national poll, I have no issue with anyone claiming a “piece” of the MNC.  More years than not in nhsfb, there will be multiple teams at the end with a credible/ debatable claim 

• Like 1

The reality is until there is a bonafide national high school football championship playoff established (which likely will never happen due to various challenges with pulling that off) all claims to a #1 HSFB national title are indeed mythical national championships.  

The debate each year (when there is one... almost always) could easily be solved by a handful at most of big time sponsors such as ESPN, Nike or whomever stepping up and putting on (funding) a 4 team national tournament of the top 4 teams.

Do that and it's a legitimate national title in reality. Until then as much as we all like to use the polls... it's still at best a mythical national title most years when there's a variance in the final rankings among top polls.    

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GaWebDev said:

The reality is until there is a bonafide national high school football championship playoff established (which likely will never happen due to various challenges with pulling that off) all claims to a #1 HSFB national title are indeed mythical national championships.  

The debate each year (when there is one... almost always) could easily be solved by a handful at most of big time sponsors such as ESPN, Nike or whomever stepping up and putting on (funding) a 6 team national tournament of the top 4 teams.

Do that and it's a legitimate national title in reality. Until then as much as we all like to use the polls... it's still at best a mythical national title most years when there's a variance in the final rankings among top polls.    

Well colquitt won’t be involved in said playoffs unless all the games are Played at the Mack  Tharpe 

since they don’t travel 

11 minutes ago, GaWebDev said:

The debate each year (when there is one... almost always) could easily be solved by a handful at most of big time sponsors such as ESPN, Nike or whomever stepping up and putting on (funding) a 4 team national tournament of the top 4 teams.

We do already have the Geico bowls, but then you get teams like grayson wanting to bring their 150 players and cheerleaders and fans all on somebody else's dime and it ruins what could be some great games.  Would be nice tho.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:13 PM, Pops said:

You DO realize a course, that 2015 Colquitt was anointed that Natty by a pollster from CALIFORNIA? And we beat out Katy by a few hundredths of a percentage point! If THEY had won that poll, NOBODY West of the Mississippi would have had ANY issue at all!