Target raises minimum wage to $12 an hour

TheBlockIsHot

Just now, Ararar said:

I do bet

The official poverty rate — which just looks at income — ranks California tied for 17th in the U.S. with a 15 percent rate.

And it's a silly measure, since the poverty level in different places is not the same. That's why the census bureau created the much more reasonable SPM.

The Public Policy Institute of California, the US Census Bureau... they both recognize that California has the highest poverty rate in the nation.

I've posted links to San Diego Union-Tribune, the LA Times, the SacBee...  all recognizing the huge poverty and homelessness issues in California.

I get that you are from California and don't like it. But that doesn't change the fact.

If you make $75k in many parts of California you are living either in a shoebox or a complete dump - or maybe on the street or in a shitty winnebago.  In many other places in this country you live comfortably and can even afford a home.

California was once a land of milk and honey.  Now it is home to the highest poverty rate in the land and 1/3 of people in the country on welfare, and a homelessness rate that is 2x the national average.

Sorry.

Start voting for people who aren't hell bent on promoting the policies that have caused this disgrace.

This is total bullshit lol

“If you make $75k in many parts of California you are living either in a shoebox or a complete dump - or maybe on the street or in a shitty winnebago.”

California has the 2nd highest avg income in the nation only behind those thieves in DC you love so much.Maybe if the rest of the country pulled their own weight we wouldn’t have to pay in more than we get back lowering our cost of living.

only people complaining about California are those who don’t live here

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

This is total bullshit lol

“If you make $75k in many parts of California you are living either in a shoebox or a complete dump - or maybe on the street or in a shitty winnebago.”

California has the 2nd highest avg income in the nation only behind those thieves in DC you love so much.Maybe if the rest of the country pulled their own weight we wouldn’t have to pay in more than we get back lowering our cost of living.

only people complaining about California are those who don’t live here

I'm sure that as we speak you are writing to complain to the LA Times, the Census Bureau, the SacBee, the Public Policy Institute of California etc etc...

BTW, I'm hoping your reference to "those thieves in DC" is a joke, as I refer to DC as Mordor-on-the-Potomac. 

Per the Public Policy Institute of California, some 40% of Californians live in or near poverty.  Four in ten.  I have a hard time believing they're all ecstatic about it. I doubt living in the state with the 2nd highest average income makes them feel good about their shitty socio-economic condition.

2 minutes ago, concha said:

I'm sure that as we speak you are writing to complain to the LA Times, the Census Bureau, the SacBee, the Public Policy Institute of California etc etc...

BTW, I'm hoping your reference to "those thieves in DC" is a joke, as I refer to DC as Mordor-on-the-Potomac. 

Per the Public Policy Institute of California, some 40% of Californians live in or near poverty.  Four in ten.  I have a hard time believing they're all ecstatic about it. I doubt living in the state with the 2nd highest average income makes them feel good about their shitty socio-economic condition.

You really do look very foolish.

That's all I have to say.

IVY League, my ASS!

• Thanks 1

Average income not only overlooks the cost of living factor, but I suspect income inequality is a huge factor as well.  California has some with a great deal of income and a lot with not much.  That is true anywhere in the country, but I bet is worse in California.

19 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Average income not only overlooks the cost of living factor, but I suspect income inequality is a huge factor as well.  California has some with a great deal of income and a lot with not much.  That is true anywhere in the country, but I bet is worse in California.

I just looked on a cost-of-living calculator for an example of why the standard poverty measure is absurd.

Median Family Income:

San Francisco  $93,391

Atlanta  $58,208

Cost of Living Index (US Average = 100):

San Francisco  273

Atlanta  102

"San Francisco is 167.8% more expensive than Atlanta." per bestplaces.net

BUT, average income in San Fran is just 60% higher.

Los Angeles has a lower median family income than Atlanta, but is over 63% more expensive to live in.

Block won't be able to do the mental math, but at least some on this site can.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, concha said:

Your own state's press shows you to be a fool.

You live in the welfare, poverty, Poop State.

1100083_qoUGw5fW.jpg

So lemme see if I have straight. When it comes to election time, blockfuck likes the popular vote. Forget about the electoral college. Idiot boy likes sheer numbers. But when it comes to the poverty debate, it’s all about per capita for numbnuts. He now supports the “electoral college”. What a doooooooshbag.xD

3 hours ago, Blueliner said:

So lemme see if I have straight. When it comes to election time, blockfuck likes the popular vote. Forget about the electoral college. Idiot boy likes sheer numbers. But when it comes to the poverty debate, it’s all about per capita for numbnuts. He now supports the “electoral college”. What a doooooooshbag.xD

just an FYI, this is a terrible analogy.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:03 AM, RedZone said:

You understand when you "rage monkey" on every state that doesn't meet your approval or fit your warped agenda you are really raging on America?

Angry-monkey-albino.jpg

Every "state" in America has something wrong with it, you understand that, right?

Georgia's only problem is CARPETBAGGERS!