It’s Masters Week

hardhit1

Freddie tripled 11 but birdied 12 and 13 to get to +1.  

Phil at -2, Kuch doing well at -3.  Fowler just drained a long bird to get to -3.  Spieth at -3 as well as Stenson and Reed.  Rory at -2.  Singh even.  Duf +1.  Tiger +1. DJ, Rose and Moore at even.   Wiesberger moves to -4 to take lead.   

1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

Freddie tripled 11 but birdied 12 and 13 to get to +1.  

Phil at -2, Kuch doing well at -3.  Fowler just drained a long bird to get to -3.  Spieth at -3 as well as Stenson and Reed.  Rory at -2.  Singh even.  Duf +1.  Tiger +1. DJ, Rose and Moore at even.   Wiesberger moves to -4 to take lead.   

What happened to Speith? gave 3 shots back today

46 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

What happened to Speith? gave 3 shots back today

That's golf. Phil is trying to piss away any chance he has at winning by taking a triple and then 2 holes later miss hitting a flop shot. But that's Phil always trying the hero shot. LOL. 

I think the Masters committee looked at all the low scoring in the round 1 and did not approve of it and decided to make round 2 a little tougher today. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

That's golf. Phil is trying to piss away any chance he has at winning by taking a triple and then 2 holes later miss hitting a flop shot. But that's Phil always trying the hero shot. LOL. 

I think the Masters committee looked at all the low scoring in the round 1 and did not approve of it and decided to make round 2 a little tougher today. 

Phil might be the most frustrating golfer I have ever watched. I read an article that they wanna force the golfers to drive the ball 50 yards less than they can now

http://www.oann.com/player-calls-for-ball-rollback-as-masters-chairman-voices-concern/

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Phil might be the most frustrating golfer I have ever watched. I read an article that they wanna force the golfers to drive the ball 50 yards less than they can now

Yea some times you wonder why he does the things he does. Like that tee shot  in the water on the par 3 12th shows that he is frustrated. Regarding the ball traveling less I know that Nicklaus is a big advocate for that but the ball manufacturers are pushing back against that. I think it wouldn't be a bad thing it would just take a while to get used too. 

1 minute ago, 1DayPGA said:

Yea some times you wonder why he does the things he does. Like that tee shot  in the water on the par 3 12th shows that he is frustrated. Regarding the ball traveling less I know that Nicklaus is a big advocate for that but the ball manufacturers are pushing back against that. I think it wouldn't be a bad thing it would just take a while to get used too. 

They are trying to protect these courses from becoming obsolete. in the article i posted it mentioned that St. Andrews is basically becoming an obsolete course. the home of golf is becoming obsolete. Sounds crazy right. 

They are trying to protect these courses from becoming obsolete. in the article i posted it mentioned that St. Andrews is basically becoming an obsolete course. the home of golf is becoming obsolete. Sounds crazy right. 

Yea, alot of links courses like St. Andrews are becoming obsolete, their only defense is when the conditions are bad. On a nice calm day they play easy for the PGA Pros.  Many of the great courses in the US like Merion, Oakmont, tor he Olympic Club were built in a time when the player hit his 7 iron 140 and their driver 250 now their hitting 185 and 300+.  The only way the USGA or PGA can fight back is to make the rough 6-12" high or the greens like trying to putt on table tops.  

Yea, alot of links courses like St. Andrews are becoming obsolete, their only defense is when the conditions are bad. On a nice calm day they play easy for the PGA Pros.  Many of the great courses in the US like Merion, Oakmont, tor he Olympic Club were built in a time when the player hit his 7 iron 140 and their driver 250 now their hitting 185 and 300+.  The only way the USGA or PGA can fight back is to make the rough 6-12" high or the greens like trying to putt on table tops.  

or you have to make the courses a lot longer. Par 5s would have to be 6-700 yards. 

or you have to make the courses a lot longer. Par 5s would have to be 6-700 yards. 

That wouldn't be feasible on alot of courses. That is what Augusta is dealing with. They keep buying more and more land form the Augusta Country Club next door and are trying to squeeze out more distance on holes that play too easy. Some courses you are already at their max. I would rather see the Par 5 500 yards with a restricted ball then a 700 yard par 5 plus it would cut back on maintenance  so could be cheaper price wise and faster to play the round. 

• Like 1

That wouldn't be feasible on alot of courses. That is what Augusta is dealing with. They keep buying more and more land form the Augusta Country Club next door and are trying to squeeze out more distance on holes that play too easy. Some courses you are already at their max. I would rather see the Par 5 500 yards with a restricted ball then a 700 yard par 5 plus it would cut back on maintenance  so could be cheaper price wise and faster to play the round. 

St. Andrews cant expand they are out of room so yea thats a big problem. Go back to the old wooden clubs and such?

10 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

Last time I remembered rough being that high was US Open at Olympic Club 98 and another time at Congressional. I m all for the longer rough.

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

St. Andrews cant expand they are out of room so yea thats a big problem. Go back to the old wooden clubs and such?

That would be somethin. when I first started playing I had persimmon woods. When Callaway came around with the Big Bertha Driver that sure changed the game. Regulate the ball and that will solve a lot of problems. 

3 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Last time I remembered rough being that high was US Open at Olympic Club 98 and another time at Congressional. I m all for the longer rough.

Yea, the harder the better. I don't like seeing the PGA tour shooting in the 60's on every round. 

18 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

Wow 

my first time at the tourney Sat and today

if you like golf put it on your list

tv does does not do the justice based on the undulations and beauty 😀

Let me know if you found a pice of paper if any kind or a wrapper on the ground.  I never saw one 

the trash scooper guys ere scooping up ice cubes because that's all they could keep occupied with.

very well behaved gallery. You can leave your stuff on your chair and no one messes with it 

45 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Let me know if you found a pice of paper if any kind or a wrapper on the ground.  I never saw one 

the trash scooper guys ere scooping up ice cubes because that's all they could keep occupied with.

very well behaved gallery. You can leave your stuff on your chair and no one messes with it 

Yeah the trash scoopers were almost scooping it out of my hands😀

46 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The crazy thing on Sunday is we had to wait till church services were out before we could purchase a beer. The call came in about 12:35

36 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

The wife spent the weekend and had access to the Berckman’s Place. Her group followed Tiger all weekend. Was just gushing about what great time she had. 

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/berckmans-place-augusta-nationals-ultimate-masters-vip-room

I was home supervising emergency home repairs. 

Bipolarity indeed. 

Tiger is hard to follow since everyone wants to see him. We had a front row spot on  1 green on Sunday and watched Phil & Tiger come through along with about 12 groups.