It’s Masters Week

hardhit1

3 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

No not currently, but hoping he gets back his form. Met him a couple times at pebble. That dude brings crowds. Especially when he was dominating. Let's face it, for most it made golf fun to follow when he was on top. The shots he hit were amazing. 

I met Tiger at the only Masters I've been fortunate enough to attend. Very cool guy. He was even respectful when having to ask me to move back so I didn't take an 8 iron to the grill. 😂

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, 1DayPGA said:

Yes, Vijay is on the Champions tour. He is a very nice gentleman. A friend of mine played was paired with Vijay at the US open at Pebble and said that Vijay was about the nicest guy he's ever played with.

Btw, any past winner of the Masters is exempt for life. Although awhile back they have tightened the rules. What was happening  some of the old timers were showing up playing 1 hole and then withdrawing so they could collect their prize money.  Now the committee  has encouraged former players if they are not competitive to not play and they will still give them their prize money and are still invited to the exclusive Champions dinner. 

I like Vijay. My post was just joking. I know the past champions get a lifetime exemption. 

20 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Oh good to hear about Vijay... Couples I believe is out this year.   I wasn't sure if Vijay was competing recently (I can't watch all sports lol, senior tour I don't follow anymore).  

Freddie played a practice round yesterday with Tiger and said he was bombing it straight.

he plays another round today with Tiger and Phil. That would be a good group to follow 

40 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Freddie played a practice round yesterday with Tiger and said he was bombing it straight.

he plays another round today with Tiger and Phil. That would be a good group to follow 

Yea I mistakenly thought his being out since Jan. extended thru the Masters.   

Indeed that’s quite a group to follow.   Freddie probably won’t be too far behind those two either on driver tee shots.  

I noticed looking at STA baseball yesterday that they hosted defending public D2 state champ Tallmadge recently.  Nice trip for them to start their season.  The pitchers certainly didn’t mind the warmer temps I’m sure.  Pitching in cold weather sucked. 

1 hour ago, hardhit1 said:

Yea, I would imagine quite a swarm of people following them. Surprisingly in today's round it was Phil and Tiger partnered up against Freddie and Thomas Pieters. Tiger used to always go out real early to get a practice round in avoid the crowds and play by himself, also him and Phil were never really close. Times have changed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1DayPGA said:

Yea, I would imagine quite a swarm of people following them. Surprisingly in today's round it was Phil and Tiger partnered up against Freddie and Thomas Pieters. Tiger used to always go out real early to get a practice round in avoid the crowds and play by himself, also him and Phil were never really close. Times have changed. 

Indeed, next thing you’ll see Vijay and Tiger practicing for a major later in the year lol.   

I think you may even see Tiger smile on the course even if he’s in contention :).  Now that would be something.  He’ll still wear red on Sunday I’m sure.  I haven’t watched much golf in 2018, so I’m coming in here a bit lost.  Jason Dufner (STA grad) not a clue how he’s fared so far.  Phil and Dufner will always be the two I’ll root for initially.  Freddie right there.  Cabrera was always fun to watch at Augusta.  Him too. I’ll add as tourney continues lol.  

23 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Indeed, next thing you’ll see Vijay and Tiger practicing for a major later in the year lol.   

I think you may even see Tiger smile on the course even if he’s in contention :).  Now that would be something.  He’ll still wear red on Sunday I’m sure.  I haven’t watched much golf in 2018, so I’m coming in here a bit lost.  Jason Dufner (STA grad) not a clue how he’s fared so far.  Phil and Dufner will always be the two I’ll root for initially.  Freddie right there.  Cabrera was always fun to watch at Augusta.  Him too. I’ll add as tourney continues lol.  

Dufner grew up in my neck of the woods when he was younger.

25 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Th Duf. hasn't been the same since he got a divorce. Phil has been putting great this year and he loves Augusta so I expect him to be right there on Sunday. Cabrera is awesome.  He's in the Phil/Arnie go broke mold. One of the coolest guys on tour.I  had him at 85-1 5yrs ago when he lost in a playoff to Adam Scott. :( I'd like to see him win but I don't think he can put 4 good rounds together. He'll shoot 68 and the next day shoot 78. 

4 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

Th Duf. hasn't been the same since he got a divorce. Phil has been putting great this year and he loves Augusta so I expect him to be right there on Sunday. Cabrera is awesome.  He's in the Phil/Arnie go broke mold. One of the coolest guys on tour.I  had him at 85-1 5yrs ago when he lost in a playoff to Adam Scott. :( I'd like to see him win but I don't think he can put 4 good rounds together. He'll shoot 68 and the next day shoot 78. 

Hell I can shoot a 68 and then a 78.  I only play 9 holes though.  Usually run out of those little round things you hit.   

• Like 1

On 4/3/2018 at 4:54 PM, 1DayPGA said:

I had Cabrera when he won that year and me too😀

Vijay comes out hot and leading the tourney then gives a few back. Conditions are ideal. Expect to see scores in the 60's.

On the WTF just happened. Tony Finau in yesterday's par 3 contest was running towards the green after celebrating a shot and twists his ankle. He tried to play it off but you could tell he was in obvious pain. :$

5 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

Vijay comes out hot and leading the tourney then gives a few back. Conditions are ideal. Expect to see scores in the 60's.

On the WTF just happened. Tony Finau in yesterday's par 3 contest was running towards the green after celebrating a shot and twists his ankle. He tried to play it off but you could tell he was in obvious pain. :$

he dislocated his ankle and than popped it back in

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

he dislocated his ankle and than popped it back in

Yea, I saw him on the range this morning and it is still bothering him. I hope he is okay. On your downswing you are putting a lot of pressure on the left ankle. Not to mention how hilly Augusta is, that ankle is going to hamper him. I'm sure he is going to play but his chances to win as slim as they were are out the window. 

Just now, 1DayPGA said:

Yea, I saw him on the range this morning and it is still bothering him. I hope he is okay. On your downswing you are putting a lot of pressure on the left ankle. Not to mention how hilly Augusta is, that ankle is going to hamper him. I'm sure he is going to play but his chances to win as slim as they were are out the window. 

Yea i would not put him near the front of the field. Tiger is struggling for tiger standards early. 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yea i would not put him near the front of the field. Tiger is struggling for tiger standards early. 

The key to Tiger's round will be controlling his draw shot so it doesn't become a snap hook. I think he is can shoot even par or 1 over he'll be in good shape. 

Just now, 1DayPGA said:

The key to Tiger's round will be controlling his draw shot so it doesn't become a snap hook. I think he is can shoot even par or 1 over he'll be in good shape. 

Hes +1 right now. boogey last 2 holes. hes missing putts that you think he would be nailing

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Hes +1 right now. boogey last 2 holes. hes missing putts that you think he would be nailing

Those greens are treacherous. Even a 1 foot putt demands your full attention. Prob. running 14 on the stimpmeter which would be like trying to putt on a table top.