2020 presidential election thread

HSFBfan

8 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Trump is a bull in a china shop.  He wants to be unpredictable and brash.  Makes him hard to read overseas.  He has used it his whole career.  There is good and bad with it - but if you eliminate what we see as bad, you lose the good as well.

Good point, but we got full blown nut cases such as NK’s leader with an itchy button finger. So, hopefully everything works out... Trump is a very messy worker. 

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Good point, but we got full blown nut cases such as NK’s leader with an itchy button finger. So, hopefully everything works out... Trump is a very messy worker. 

Being diplomatic is not always good.  Neville Chamberlain was, and threw away the last chance to stop Hitler.  Sometimes, the times call for action before negotiation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Being diplomatic is not always good.  Neville Chamberlain was, and threw away the last chance to stop Hitler.  Sometimes, the times call for action before negotiation.

Sometimes I wonder how fast that war could have been stopped if the us didn't take a neutral position

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Sometimes I wonder how fast that war could have been stopped if the us didn't take a neutral position

The problem was no one had the will to stop Hitler.  The US people were dead set against fighting another European war.  The Brits and French were bled dry by WWI.  He would not have been stopped, because no one was going to do it until there was no choice but to fight.

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

The problem was no one had the will to stop Hitler.  The US people were dead set against fighting another European war.  The Brits and French were bled dry by WWI.  He would not have been stopped, because no one was going to do it until there was no choice but to fight.

That's very true. If not for the japs bombing us at pearl harbor Hitler could have won that war. He made his way thru most of Europe. Was in Africa. If it wasn't for the USA he would have committed so many more troops to the invasion of Russia. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

That's very true. If not for the japs bombing us at pearl harbor Hitler could have won that war. 

It certainly could have been longer.  We would have gotten in eventually - Roosevelt was moving that way.  But there is no doubt Churchill was ecstatic when the Japs struck Pearl.

2 minutes ago, Bormio said:

It certainly could have been longer.  We would have gotten in eventually - Roosevelt was moving that way.  But there is no doubt Churchill was ecstatic when the Japs struck Pearl.

Of course. Here comes America to save Europe's ass. America saving itself and others since 1776

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

That's very true. If not for the japs bombing us at pearl harbor Hitler could have won that war. He made his way thru most of Europe. Was in Africa. If it wasn't for the USA he would have committed so many more troops to the invasion of Russia. 

He could not knock the Brits out though - they were going to hold on until America got in.  When the Brits survived the middle of ‘42, Hitler’s fate was sealed.

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

He could not knock the Brits out though - they were going to hold on until America got in.  When the Brits survived the middle of ‘42, Hitler’s fate was sealed.

It might have been sealed but it would have lasted a long long time. Same thing with the japs. If we didn't drop the two bombs they would have kept fighting and fighting. Truman had to drop those bombs. War is hell and Truman did exactly what he should have done. 

8 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It's been proven over the last several decades that diplomacy doesn't work. Diplomacy got us into this pre-Trump mess. 

I don't recall posting flip over and expose your belly with the tail tucked between the legs, there's a distinct difference between being a slightly inebriated frat boy and a professional smooth operator... the former projects lack of discipline, the latter projects control and commands respect. Tell me which method do you employ here on this forum and in your line of employ? The latter of course.

Obama is smooth but created a division. Bush is a cowboy going off half cocked on WMD... I have zero confidence in Trump on the international stage as it stands.... I'm more willing to eat a big pile of steaming crow if proven wrong.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

It could have been stopped in its tracks in late 1939 - early 1940.

The Wehrmacht was almost entirely committed to the invasion of Poland.  The French and British could have basically walked into Germany's industrial heartland and brought Hitler to his knees.  Per General Alfred Jodl: "if we did not collapse already in the year 1939 that was due only to the fact that during the Polish campaign, the approximately 110 French and British divisions in the West were held completely inactive against the 23 German divisions." Not mention that the Luftwaffe was also focused to the East.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Pence?

KKK will reset in Indiana 

Neo Nazis with bibles will flourish 

Warren Jeffs will be pardoned

Armageddon will commence

LGBTQs will be executed on sight

Lawd, please take me if Pence is in!

It very distressing having the real possibility of a Christian Imam as the head of our country. 

Personally I would support legislation that prohibits religious nuts from holding any public office.  

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

A true, successful leader needs to discover what fuels the fire of his allys (players) and enemies (opponents)

Time out, serious question, you think Trump does this?

Honest. 

We both know he does not. He is in no way cerebral. 

He is reactive and emotional, refusing to learn. 

Come on man.

It's OK to be a conservative. It's not OK to be a mindless Trumpet.

32 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Wrong. Different types of people require different strategies. Some react better from diplomatic motivation and some react better from aggressive intimidation. Just like with coaching. A true, successful leader needs to discover what fuels the fire of his allys (players) and enemies (opponents) alike. Obama proved that you can't be successful with one, passive management style. 

No where do I post that a passive approach is the answer. 

In short be professional, and there’s ways to do that without being a Neanderthal. 

Diplomacy doesn’t have to be passive, it can be “coaching” in that sense. 

Wouldnt we like to be a fly on the wall during that “diplomatic” dialogue. 

Name calling and base social media behavior by POTUS is unacceptable. 

12 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You try "coaching" Russia, Iran, Syria and NK. Wont work. This has been proven forever. It's time for extreme, non-traditional measures to get the desired outcomes. 

Wait a freaking minute, you just said coaching in your motivational approach!!!!

Nontraditioal measures? Sure, sounds good.... I’ve got my bomb shelter stocked, how bout you?

Bahaha.... you’re in love with Donald! Awwwww.... that’s sweet but don’t let that blind you bro!

Im sure I would feel the same about the man in person but I’m not leaving my stance on professionalism. 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

He could be making a mistake and the firing might not even come. I'll see what transpires. I think he needs Kelly and I think you think he needs him too

It may not matter. Seems Kelly is pretty frustrated. Or this could be fake news. See link below.

https://www.axios.com/john-kelly-trump-oval-office-meeting-threatened-quit-f29667d3-d99f-4e23-92f6-9c48c360722b.html