Thunder announcer “Russel Westbrook is out of his cotton picking mind”

LiberalDonaldTrump

Ya know, im 35 years old. Never a single day has gone by that I actually thought that the term "Cotton Picking" was racist, until today. Its a southern colloquialism. Ive heard countless white and black people use the term and never in a "racist way". But that being say, my eyes are now open a little.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ron169 said:

Ya know, im 35 years old. Never a single day has gone by that I actually thought that the term "Cotton Picking" was racist, until today. Its a southern colloquialism. Ive heard countless white and black people use the term and never in a "racist way". But that being say, my eyes are now open a little.

When my parents told me as a youngster I was out of my cotton-picking mind, I didn't equate it to be a racial statement at all. I was more concerned that they were going to ship me to the funny farm, because I was out of my damned mind.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

When my parents told me as a youngster I was out of my cotton-picking mind, I didn't equate it to be a racial statement at all. I was more concerned that they were going to ship me to the funny farm, because I was out of my damned mind.

Exactly, if the FCC allowed the announcer to say Fuck or GD, there would be no need to say cotton picking

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Were Your parents right?  

Pretty sure mine were right.  My regret is that I don't have kids and can't tell them the same things I heard growing up.  There must be some sort of satisfaction or comfort in repeating what your parents told you to your kids.  Idk though.

26 minutes ago, ron169 said:

Exactly, if the FCC allowed the announcer to say Fuck or GD, there would be no need to say cotton picking

My Father is a Minister and doesn't curse. So Cotton Picking was his terms for curse words.  Like hit his thumb with a Hammer he would say Cotton Picking Hammer or Cotton Picking This or That.  Now there are some words you can add to the end of Cotton Picking and change the whole expression like Boy or N-----r.    But there are some words that shouldn't be used by others to some for obvious reasons.  I don't take this as being racist I take it as being naïve or unaware of the reference others would see in this statement about a African American.  Like  Howard Cosell saying this about Wr. Garrett he had called others players this but it was received different because Garrett was Black.  That "LiL Monkey gets loose doesn't he.  Then 1st refused he said it".

• Like 1

I do agree with the Premise that a field full of Blacks Picking Cotton while two White Men watched over them in fact proves they were out of their Cotton Picking Minds.B|  That's why it's FUKKN Offensive.   Because they should have rioted and beat the hell out of them Right there in that Cotton Picking Field  See What I did right there? I flipped Cotton Picking now does that upset you. 9_9

Perspective is a Bitch.  I hate Snowflakes too

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

Were Your parents right?  

Pretty sure mine were right.  My regret is that I don't have kids and can't tell them the same things I heard growing up.  There must be some sort of satisfaction or comfort in repeating what your parents told you to your kids.  Idk though.

I definitely share insight with my kids that I got from my parents.

Such as:

Work hard and be kind to others.

When you win say nothing, and when you lose say less.

Could you replace my beer please?

Things like that.

• Haha 1

Everything is offensive and everything now sucks. 

They had a 25 year reunion for the cast of the Sandlot and the first thing the person interviewing them asked could the phrase "you throw like a girl" be allowed in a remake of the movie today. They said point blank not if you wanted it to be successful. 

The point is people are trying to take every single thing in history and find something wrong and offensive about it. There is no more thinking for ourselves. We are supposed to fall in line and think how the Pc police want us to think. 

Sounds like God needs to flood the earth clean of the evil that has devoured our society 😂

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

They had a 25 year reunion for the cast of the Sandlot and the first thing the person interviewing them asked could the phrase "you throw like a girl" be allowed in a remake of the movie today. They said point blank not if you wanted it to be successful. 

The point is people are trying to take every single thing in history and find something wrong and offensive about it. There is no more thinking for ourselves. We are supposed to fall in line and think how the Pc police want us to think. 

Sounds like God needs to flood the earth clean of the evil that has devoured our society 😂

Trust me I’m not that guy to take offense to shit but Cotton picking just blew my mind when I heard it.. mabe it’s more of a southern thing because outside today I never heard that phrase 

37 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

But if God does that then this board would only have the Cali guys left. That would get boring.

• Haha 1

“We find the term used by Brian Davis on our broadcast last night to be highly inappropriate and offensive.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/thunder-issue-statement-on-broadcaster’s-racially-insensitive-comment/ar-AAvOjxV?ocid=ientp

Damn Snowflakes.  Right about now I should get about 80 response on I am done with the NBA Then @AztecPadre, @World Citizen , @HawgGoneIt and Myself can provide commentary during the Ballet Championships B|

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

“We find the term used by Brian Davis on our broadcast last night to be highly inappropriate and offensive.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/thunder-issue-statement-on-broadcaster’s-racially-insensitive-comment/ar-AAvOjxV?ocid=ientp

Damn Snowflakes.  Right about now I should get about 80 response on I am done with the NBA  and Me AztecPadre and World Citizen can provide commentary during the Ballet Championships B|

Oh snap. That was hella fun.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Yes it was an all time Board Classic especially when others came in and had no damn idea what we were responding about. 

#CLASSICTHREAD4DAGES.

Hahahaha.  That was the ultimate thread ever.  Especially when the ones who "banned" watching the NFL were on and realizing they were missing one heck of a great game. 

• Haha 1