Colin Kaep screwed up a workout with Seattle

HSFBfan

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

All Seattle asked him to do was stop kneeling for the anthem Kaep declined. Seattle postponed the trip for him to work out. 

The way I heard it was that they asked him what his future plans for off the field activities, including kneeling, were and he said that he was not sure.  They wanted more of a commitment towards football and postponed it till they got a firmer answer.

Just now, Rippers said:

The way I heard it was that they asked him what his future plans for off the field activities, including kneeling, were and he said that he was not sure.  They wanted more of a commitment towards football and postponed it till they got a firmer answer.

From what I read they asked him if was going to stop kneeling for the anthem and he said no

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

All Seattle asked him to do was stop kneeling for the anthem Kaep declined. Seattle postponed the trip for him to work out. 

He exercised his right. At the end of the day, you can't say what he did was stupid. To some people, perhaps not you, there are things more important than money.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

He exercised his right. At the end of the day, you can't say what he did was stupid. To some people, perhaps not you, there are things more important than money.

Thats fine but than he cant complain when people dont want to hire him based on those beliefs and the NFL exercised their right by not hiring him. When you work for a company as you know your personal beliefs are left at home. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

the NFL exercised their right by not hiring him. When you work for a company as you know your personal beliefs are left at home

Over the course of my life, I have declined jobs because I felt that they would conflict with my personal beliefs. Mind you, none offered the kind of money that an NFL player typically gets per year. But still ... if you have other options there is no requirement that you take a job in the USA. This is one of the things that makes the country great ... don't sell your soul if you don't want to ... and can afford not to. It's one of the reason I have always avoided debt and kept my expenses low ... this allows you an enormous amount of flexibility.

• Like 3

I believe is said this before but I will say it again. 

All of this Colin Kaepernick controversy would of been long over with if all of the owners would of simply said he is a disrespectful pile of garbage and we won't allow that type of cancer in our locker room. 

That is from the fact he wore socks depicting law enforcement as "pigs" 

They could of easily said we will not tolerate piles of human trash that slander the million good men and women of our law enforcement. We won't associate ourselves with someone with extremists views and we totally support the people who protect us over potentially winning games with a cancer trash pile. 

Controversy over

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Good for Kap...I wouldn't sell my soul to be a backup either...

But whatever...Think what ya want.

While I admire principle also, that’s “back-up” job makes millions of dollars to do nothing and, absent that, I don’t think Kaep has any useful skills to make even 2% of that do-nothing job

hes made his point — this is cutting off his nose to spite his face 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

He exercised his right. At the end of the day, you can't say what he did was stupid.

This is simply fallacious and inconsistent philosophy in back to back sentences.

If you believe his protest is acceptable because of his 1st amendment rights, then surely you would have to believe that everyone else can call his actions stupid.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

Over the course of my life, I have declined jobs because I felt that they would conflict with my personal beliefs. Mind you, none offered the kind of money that an NFL player typically gets per year. But still ... if you have other options there is no requirement that you take a job in the USA. This is one of the things that makes the country great ... don't sell your soul if you don't want to ... and can afford not to. It's one of the reason I have always avoided debt and kept my expenses low ... this allows you an enormous amount of flexibility.

I would never have taken most jobs lol. So I keep my mouth shut for the most part and go along with the stuff I disagree with

1 hour ago, Coletrain06 said:

If you believe his protest is acceptable because of his 1st amendment rights, then surely you would have to believe that everyone else can call his actions stupid.

His protest is acceptable; he has the right to protest. Sure you may go ahead and call his actions stupid. But that does not mean that they are, in fact, stupid

49 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I would never have taken most jobs lol. So I keep my mouth shut for the most part and go along with the stuff I disagree with

If that is how you do it, then you will have trouble being happy. For our jobs, like it or not, take up most of our waking moments. To be situations where we are dissatisfied generally leads to unhappiness. 

31 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

His protest is acceptable; he has the right to protest. Sure you may go ahead and call his actions stupid. But that does not mean that they are, in fact, stupid

I'm not calling him anything. I'm simply pointing out errors in logic. 

And of course, the stupidity of his actions is entirely subjective. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Go ahead and protest and his employer which would be any team of the NFL or the nfl itself has the right to never hire him. It's like putting something on social media and when companies see it they dont hire you

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Griff said:

Sheesh....a man can't stand for his principles anymore. But at least we can all agree the NFL blackballing him because of his protest.

They are "blackballing" him because of his anti-police and extremist views. He wore a Malcolm X hat and Fidel Castro shirt and socks with police as pigs. 

He is an extremist pile of trash  and no team wants to associate with him.  You know his extremist views are cancerous when  teams are willing to keep violent felons but not even consider him. 

It's never been about the kneeling 

• Thanks 1