Bishop Dunne: Most Talented Team in Texas?

RedZone

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Heard they had an Alabama team gift wrapped begging to come play and they said no thanks we want to play a bigger name team. Then the bigger name team wasn't able to make it happen and the AL team said go F yourself. 

Now they are struggling to find a game. 

Bad business! 

Who was the AL team?

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

They have some athletes - not the most talented 

I predict that ECA beats them by 2 TD's

Win or lose the Byrd game will be close

Desoto has more talent overall - However, I am worried about the new coach at Desoto

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

They have some athletes - not the most talented 

I predict that ECA beats them by 2 TD's

Win or lose the Byrd game will be close

Desoto has more talent overall - However, I am worried about the new coach at Desoto

Doesn't The Dunne have a great 4x100 on their resume this year? 9_9

I've seen you mention it 15 or more times.

What up?

CE Bryd was 5-5 last year and Rummel put 55 on them in the playoffs minus 6 starters.

Evangel should be in rebuild mode. They lost a ton. Evangel will have to play their way into my Top 20. Byrd doesn't have much of a shot quite honestly. Bryd had some great teams just a couple years ago, but seem to have taken a few steps backwards the last 2 years.

2014 Bryd was 13-1 (crushed EL Dorado, AR 41-7)

2015 Bryd was 10-2 (nice win over Longview, TX 22-15)

2016 Bryd was 3-7

2017 Bryd was 5-5 (beat a not so good Moss Point, MS team 28-18)

The Dunne can beat Evangel, Byrd and Desoto,  in my opinion.

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

CE Bryd was 5-5 last year and Rummel put 55 on them in the playoffs minus 6 starters.

Evangel should be in rebuild mode. They lost a ton. Evangel will have to play their way into my Top 20. Byrd doesn't have much of a shot quite honestly. Bryd had some great teams just a couple years ago, but seem to have taken a few steps backwards the last 2 years.

2014 Bryd was 13-1 (crushed EL Dorado, AR 41-7)

2015 Bryd was 10-2 (nice win over Longview, TX 22-15)

2016 Bryd was 3-7

2017 Bryd was 5-5 (beat a not so good Moss Point, MS team 28-18)

The Dunne can beat Evangel, Byrd and Desoto,  in my opinion.

If the Dunne played like they did at the BOB last year...They'll lose all 3.

I think they beat Byrd this year....Not hearing much "buzz" from the Shreveport folks about them...

The other 2....No...

They will get outcoached...even with Evangel losing damn near the entire team...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

If the Dunne played like they did at the BOB last year...They'll lose all 3.

I think they beat Byrd this year....Not hearing much "buzz" from the Shreveport folks about them...

The other 2....No...

They will get outcoached...even with Evangel losing damn near the entire team...

I wouldn’t bet on Dunne ever...they look like Tarzan and play like Jane way too often

On 4/17/2018 at 9:33 AM, RedZone said:

They have some good players, but lack balance, consistency and depth.

Lynch destroyed Dunne last year 51-10 which is just another example of - why you can't put any stock into them or player rankings.

Best example of you never know what you will get when Dunne plays happened vs Liberty Christian

On Nov 3  - Liberty Christian beat Dunne 33-26  On Nov 18 Dunne beats them 36-0

On Sept 15 - Little ole Gilmer hangs 60-7 Loss on Liberty Christian.

At the end of the day if Dunne is to be considered TX elite (UIL 6A) they need to be handling these teams with authority week end and week out.

mean while - Dunne trying to play top teams like they have done something and Liberty Christian is scheduling Melissa, Celina, and Brock this year.  Brock is UIL 3A - which in the old system that would be 2A

Bishop Lynch got suckered into playing Curtis - when they should be playing teams like Texas High again - which right now is not nearly the level of John Curtis.

The only hope Lynch has is - They have good coaches - Curtis will have way better athletes and coaching will be equal.

On 4/17/2018 at 9:33 AM, RedZone said:

Dunne reminds me of the Edna Karr when they played Arlington Bowie.

that team had bunch of D1 ranked kids.  Yet they was sloppy and when they faced team that basically matched them in talent they couldn’t rely on just out athleting to win game

6 hours ago, Texasball said:

Dunne reminds me of the Edna Karr when they played Arlington Bowie.

that team had bunch of D1 ranked kids.  Yet they was sloppy and when they faced team that basically matched them in talent they couldn’t rely on just out athleting to win game

I remember that game. Karr had some nice plays here or there but Bowie wore that ass out!! 36-6 ass stomping. 

Karr made the title game and Bowie limped to 4 losses. That's the typical scale between the 2 states. 

A 4 loss Texas team is 4-5 touchdowns better than Louisiana State title finalists 

54 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I remember that game. Karr had some nice plays here or there but Bowie wore that ass out!! 36-6 ass stomping. 

Karr made the title game and Bowie limped to 4 losses. That's the typical scale between the 2 states. 

A 4 loss Texas team is 4-5 touchdowns better than Louisiana State title finalists 

You are the same idiot now as you were then. It's why educated people laugh at you and don't take you seriously.

Edna Karr lost 3 of their first 4 games that year and then made a QB change inserting 5* Speedy Noil at QB.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/edna-karr-cougars-(new-orleans,la)/football-fall-11/schedule.htm

Bowie was 9-4 and went 3 rounds in the Texas 5A Playoffs (6A) losing to SLC (21-17) who went on to win state and ended up #2 nationally. Bowie was up 17-7 at halftime. Could have won that easily.

Anyways, worry more about 7A Niceville, FL losing in TX 66-7 last year. 9_9

The only thing limping is your small brain.

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

You are the same idiot now as you were then. It's why educated people laugh at you and don't take you seriously.

Edna Karr lost 3 of their first 4 games that year and then made a QB change inserting 5* Speedy Noil at QB.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/edna-karr-cougars-(new-orleans,la)/football-fall-11/schedule.htm

Bowie was 9-4 and went 3 rounds in the Texas 5A Playoffs (6A) losing to SLC (21-17) who went on to win state and ended up #2 nationally. Bowie was up 17-7 at halftime. Could have won that easily.

Florida actually has an even record against Texas. The 2 heavyweights can go toe to toe any year with the quality teams. You are talking about trash teams. I was talking about your state finalist. 

Louisiana has an embarrassing record against Texas. It's laughable. They would have average teams routinely club your state champs. Lol. 

Hell I knew Texas was head and shoulders better than Lousinana without even doing research just based on the crappy ole panhandle of Florida having a winning record against the entire state of Louisiana 😂

32 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Out of 15,000 teams Bowie, TX was #132 that year per the computers. That's limping to nolebull813.

So very stupid.

What are you going to do?  It's the internet.

49 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Out of 15,000 teams Bowie, TX was #132 that year per the computers. That's limping to nolebull813.

So very stupid.

What are you going to do?  It's the internet.

Bowie was 29th in Texas 

Karr was 16th in Louisiana 

Bowie blows the door off them. Seems to be par for the course over there