DNC files lawsuit against, well...pretty much everybody

zulu1128

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/20/demo...on-report.html

The Democratic National Committee sued the Trump campaign, the Russian government, Wikileaks on Friday, accusing them of conspiring to disrupt the 2016 presidential election.

Debate Question:

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being Low Butthurt and 10 being Maximum Tear-Stained Butthurt...where does this rank?

Discuss.
Edit/Delete Message
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Debate Question:

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being Low Butthurt and 10 being Maximum Tear-Stained Butthurt...where does this rank?

Discuss.
Edit/Delete Message

I think a fair case can be  made that between Putin, Comey and Gates the election was tilted just enough to give the presidency to Trump. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I think a fair case can be  made that between Putin, Comey and Gates the election was tilted just enough to give the presidency to Trump. 

A more than fair case can be made that the DNC and the Clinton campaign conspired to prevent the election of Bernie Sanders.

However, that's not the question at hand. 1-10, NOR....1-10. :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

Debate Question:

Discuss.
Edit/Delete Message

It's pretty high on the butthurt scale. 

Also an interesting tactic. I would certainly prefer to see them investing in better candidates rather than lawyers, but, hell, they may be smarter than me. Not that that's saying a lot. 

xD

On 4/20/2018 at 9:11 AM, zulu1128 said:

Debate Question:

Discuss.
Edit/Delete Message

Debate Question:

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being too young and/or too incurious to remember and/or learn anything about Watergate, and 10 being the experience of supreme schadenfreude and/or deja-vu if this thing reaches the discovery phase, watching DNC lawyers deposing Don Jr. and other members of the inner circle while gaining access to internal communications and other documents....where does this rank?

Discuss.

https://politics.theonion.com/dnc-files-lawsuit-alleging-nation-should-never-ever-st-1825424101

DNC Files Lawsuit Alleging Nation Should Never, Ever Stop Focusing On 2016 Election

WASHINGTON—Demanding greater accountability for the race’s outcome, the Democratic National Committee reportedly filed a multimillion-dollar lawsuit Friday alleging that the nation should never, ever stop focusing on the 2016 presidential election. “Our lawsuit lays out, in no uncertain terms, that the nation should never under any circumstances move on from the 2016 election results,” said DNC chairman Tom Perez, adding that the 66-page lawsuit filed in a New York federal court asserts that the American people must remain solely preoccupied with every little goddamn detail from the 2016 presidential race. “We’re calling on WikiLeaks, Russia, and Trump campaign officials to join the Democratic Party in our efforts to spend the next several years prioritizing endless fucking discussions about potential election interference and what that means for democracy. We believe there was a deliberate effort to throw the race to Donald Trump, and that the American people have a right to publicly re-litigate Hillary Clinton’s defeat and promote far-reaching conspiracy theories instead of concentrating on anything remotely politically constructive for the next few decades at least.” At press time, DNC officials were calling for an emergency legal injunction to block the nation from learning absolutely anything from the 2016 election.

On 4/20/2018 at 1:01 PM, Bormio said:

They lost 2016, now trying to hurt their chances this year, and trying to guarantee Trump is re-elected.  Incessant whining is not a path to electoral success.  Keep at it, Dems.  You are making the GOP look good - a damn near impossible feat.

It's worse than just this. By a lot.

The dem party has made a decision to become the party of the women. Women running  here, women running there, women running everywhere.

They are runny on a platform of put immigrants first. 

They are totally out of sync with the center 25% which decide elections. 

As it stands now, Trump would win election by a wider margin-

-----------------------------------------

To my Dem friends, because you hate Trump does not mean others do. His lies work.

Get smart or enjoy 7 more years. 

-------------------------------------------

To @Bormio   I am still waiting for your apology. 

14 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Debate Question:

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being too young and/or too incurious to remember and/or learn anything about Watergate, and 10 being the experience of supreme schadenfreude and/or deja-vu if this thing reaches the discovery phase, watching DNC lawyers deposing Don Jr. and other members of the inner circle while gaining access to internal communications and other documents....where does this rank?

Discuss.

great-effort-well-done-stickers-2155-p.p

xD

5 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

great-effort-well-done-stickers-2155-p.p

xD

Meh.  Fair point.  Not my best work.

Your OP was funny, and I always enjoy The Onion.  It wasn't a good time to try to point out that the DNC did this once before during Watergate, everybody laughed and made the same jokes and accusations that appear in this thread (though "butthurt" wasn't a term back then), but the DNC did ultimately win that case...

It'll probably be something like a year or more before we learn if history is indeed repeating itself, or if this is just another DNC  crash and burn into a heap of smoldering ash and you can issue one of those devastating ironic hipster laughy emoji's that is the bread and butter of your work...I'm bad at predictions, especially about a future that could go either way, so I can wait to see how it all unfolds this time around.

Until then: "Stay woke bitches!"

9_9

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Meh.  Fair point.  Not my best work.

Your OP was funny, and I always enjoy The Onion.  It wasn't a good time to try to point out that the DNC did this once before during Watergate, everybody laughed and made the same jokes and accusations that appear in this thread (though "butthurt" wasn't a term back then), but the DNC did ultimately win that case...

It'll probably be something like a year or more before we learn if history is indeed repeating itself, or if this is just another DNC  crash and burn into a heap of smoldering ash and you can issue one of those devastating ironic hipster laughy emoji's that is the bread and butter of your work...I'm bad at predictions, especially about a future that could go either way, so I can wait to see how it all unfolds this time around.

Until then: "Stay woke bitches!"

9_9

I'm already picking out which gif to use once the DNC faceplants on this. It's a comically stupid move.

You're suing people for "rigging the election," by exposing that fact that you, well...rigged the election.

It's self-writing comedy.

• 2 months later...