Florida team coming to Texas?

Jack Reacher

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Nah but it's probably a garbage team if trends mean anything. 

66 percent of all the oos games involving Florida teams are mismatches in the oos teams favor. 

Hope not 

That's what happens 

Teams want to brag about beating a FL team

Most those scheduling wouldn't know the difference between Miami Northwestern and Suwannee 

To some these schools they carry the same weight LMAO 

8 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

That's what happens 

Teams want to brag about beating a FL team

Most those scheduling wouldn't know the difference between Miami Northwestern and Suwannee 

To some these schools they carry the same weight LMAO 

But the Florida teams have to agree and sign the contracts. They are mostly at fault. 

There is a Texas team who finished top 150 in the country last year coming to Florida to play a team who finished outside the top 9,000. 

What kind of stupid ass coach agrees to that? A 50-0 ass stomping is irresponsible and setting the kids up for failure. 

9 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

But the Florida teams have to agree and sign the contracts. They are mostly at fault. 

There is a Texas team who finished top 150 in the country last year coming to Florida to play a team who finished outside the top 9,000. 

What kind of stupid ass coach agrees to that? A 50-0 ass stomping is irresponsible and setting the kids up for failure. 

Sometimes you can't be picky on who you play, some just accept anyone who offers a paycheck to take the game 

But truthfully if you gonna play garbage then play garbage in your own state 

If you play oos make it mean something 

7 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Sometimes you can't be picky on who you play, some just accept anyone who offers a paycheck to take the game 

You don't have to tell me. Sometimes teams wanting to travel can only find teams in that specific city giving good money and making it possible. 

And usually the best teams have to pay the most as an incentive. Teams aren't lining up to play Gorman. They play them because Gorman gives them $15,000 to come play. Some coaches will trade a cool trip to Vegas in exchange for an ass whooping.

The worst games are when the home team is the garbage team. They have options. I get wanting to play quality teams, but you have to understand your limit. Or else it looks a lot like the International School of Broward games that are a waste and not beneficial for anyone 

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

You don't have to tell me. Sometimes teams wanting to travel can only find teams in that specific city giving good money and making it possible. 

And usually the best teams have to pay the most as an incentive. Teams aren't lining up to play Gorman. They play them because Gorman gives them $15,000 to come play. Some coaches will trade a cool trip to Vegas in exchange for an ass whooping.

The worst games are when the home team is the garbage team. They have options. I get wanting to play quality teams, but you have to understand your limit. Or else it looks a lot like the International School of Broward games that are a waste and not beneficial for anyone 

There's no reason for isb to play anyone oos,  if they want to get their ass kicked there are plenty in Florida who can do that 

16 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

There's no reason for isb to play anyone oos,  if they want to get their ass kicked there are plenty in Florida who can do that 

The coach put more stock in traveling and visiting college campuses. That was his choice. Watching his kids have to play against players who are bigger, stronger and faster while completely embarrassing them was the trade off. 

We don't understand it. But that's how that particular coach decided to handle his business. We don't have to agree with it, but it's not our choice 

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Who's the Texas school?

9 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Would ISB qualify as meaningful?

regards,

C.A.

p.s. Asking for a lovejoy fan I don’t like. 

19 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Would ISB qualify as meaningful?

regards,

C.A.

p.s. Asking for a locust grove fan I don’t like. 

When a average program from a county with limited talent was able to put a running clock on isb it shows any halfway decent school should beat them easily 

So no i don't think beating a team equivalent to a jv team is meaningful 

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Nah but it's probably a garbage team if trends mean anything. 

66 percent of all the oos games involving Florida teams are mismatches in the oos teams favor. 

Hope not 

Thats bc unless they are playing a top 5 FL team you say its a mismatch. Theres only so many OOS games the Top FL teams can play, and some dont want to.

These matchups are going to happen, Id say its about time to get over this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Except for the fact they want to... The sooner you stop thinking ISB owes you something (like to stop "embarrassing FL) you'll stop worrying about who they are playing OOS...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

If the coaches and kids want to do that, who are you to say they shouldnt simply because it may make FL look bad to someone that doesnt know shit about it...

These teams dont owe you people anything, they can play who they want to play... Its like yall think because you follow HSFB, they owe it to you to either play teams at their level OOS, or not at all so Florida teams dont take OOS losses. Its preposterous the way you Florida guys think about this... Like these teams have to do right by you and the way you feel.

6 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

When a average program from a county with limited talent was able to put a running clock on isb it shows any halfway decent school should beat them easily 

So no i don't think beating a team equivalent to a jv team is meaningful 

I apologize, sarcasm font is busted. 

But I am disappointed that you had to take me to the classroom with a dunce hat on. 

Regrets,

C.A.

edit: asking for a lovejoy fan I don’t like. 

In the case of Permian their coach is on record after the New York team cancelled on them, that he'd rather have another bye week than beat up on an out of state patsy. I'm guessing it's the school district athletic director that would be trying to set up a game like this. Another home game means $$$$$

27 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

In the case of Permian their coach is on record after the New York team cancelled on them, that he'd rather have another bye week than beat up on an out of state patsy. I'm guessing it's the school district athletic director that would be trying to set up a game like this. Another home game means $$$$$

What's weird is when the NY team canceled their football program in the 2nd year they had plenty of time to find another home game. Do you know why they decided to only play 9 games? 

7 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

If the coaches and kids want to do that, who are you to say they shouldnt simply because it may make FL look bad to someone that doesnt know shit about it...

These teams dont owe you people anything, they can play who they want to play... Its like yall think because you follow HSFB, they owe it to you to either play teams at their level OOS, or not at all so Florida teams dont take OOS losses. Its preposterous the way you Florida guys think about this... Like these teams have to do right by you and the way you feel.

10 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

The coach put more stock in traveling and visiting college campuses. That was his choice. Watching his kids have to play against players who are bigger, stronger and faster while completely embarrassing them was the trade off. 

We don't understand it. But that's how that particular coach decided to handle his business. We don't have to agree with it, but it's not our choice 

ECHS see above 

Just now, Horsefly said:

CHTC is no juggernaut but they do have some athletes, a few 4 star level players 

Yeah I just didn't understand why they picked FAMU when Godby was looking for a game that week too. 

Deion coaches for TC and is taking his kids to Tallahassee for something at FSU. Godby was looking for the same week and is coached by a former teammate of Sanders. Seemed like a no brainer. 

But TC refused citing Godby being a bigger School. There was also Florida High who has Willie Taggart Jr as the QB and some studs in their own right. They are smaller than Godby and needed a replacement game as well. 

FAMU is just as bad or worse than International School of Broward. It will be a running clock 50-0 game. 

Just didn't make any sense but I wasn't behind the scenes so I can't comment any further. 

38 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

It's Cedar Hill Trinity Christian against FAMU High from Tallahassee. 

The rankings are from ECHS Preps so they might be a little off the mark. Lol

You do realize that this is Deion Sanders school.  Also,  little ole Brock hung big time ass whoop on them last year.  No way in Gods Green earth was this team top 150

polls are bogus

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

What's weird is when the NY team canceled their football program in the 2nd year they had plenty of time to find another home game. Do you know why they decided to only play 9 games? 

Going back to look at old threads, the notice to Permian that the game was definitely cancelled happened in July of last year. So they probably didn't have that much time to find another game.