OK Pops, CP had all year... let’s discuss :)

golfaddict1

10 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

I stand for mine,

You certainly do, but In the process you sometimes sound like one of the growing legion of looney tune flat-earthers making ridiculous assertions.  I know a lot of them do so just to challenge convention, thinking they are demonstrating their own original thought, but a lot of them actually believe the shit they spew.

So which are you?

1 hour ago, Sportsnut said:

See, that's where we differ.

lovejoy is known as a speed team.

Everyone in Georgia knows this.

Here is one of the guys

I’m sure lovejoy is known as a speed team 

But 5 or 6 4.3s?

hand-timed i presume?

dls has never had a 4.3 40 guy

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Pops picking on Lovejoy and Niceville in the past...  Not cool man.  :)   

I was unaware of the proportion of the mismatch and feel badly

sportsnut a guy that just has an abundance of passion — I ought to give a lot of rope in that department 

but take lovejoy out of it — he’s saying you need 5 or 6 4.3 40 guys to play lovejoy, I’m saying there have never been that many on one team at any level

youre the resident track expert and so 40 yard veracity guru by default 

here’s some evidence for the prosecution

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/124914-nobody-runs-a-43-on-the-inflation-of-high-school-40-times

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I maybe would have taken Lovejoy to have a better game over BTW the year that Norcrossed became a thing. 

At the point in the year when these OOS games happen, the Norcross team was just getting to know each other while Lovejoy kids tend to come through the system together. I would put forward the same argument I have before for Colquitt actually... Team vs. talent. Early in a gathering of talent, there is less of a team than a group of kids that may not be quite as talented but have played together for longer. 

I think Lovejoy would have been more prepared for BTW at that point in the season than Norcross was. At this point, it would be just guessing whether or not they could win... I do not think BTW would have won over Lovejoy 55-0. That was a helluva tough BTW team. They rolled almost all of their schedule with a 20pt. margin of victory. 

Interesting take

Ive always believed talent performs best early 

but my comparison is to “Systems”, which tend to generate more improvement regardless of talent 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pops said:

Interesting take

Ive always believed talent performs best early 

but my comparison is to “Systems”, which tend to generate more improvement regardless of talent 

I can see it that way as well depending on sutuation. To me there could/should be a distinct advantage for a senior heavy class that has already played together for a couple or three years. 

This is why I think we see the cycle we do with a lot of public schools where they have a two year window then it takes a year or two to get back to the same level. 

If you run a complicated offensive scheme, 1st year kids can't be expected to understand all the wrinkles etc., especially August 24th, where a 4th year kid should have great command. This is one place where publics could well have an advantage over privates, especially the pruvates that get a lot of senior transfers or transfer starters each year unless these transfers are all coming from places that run the same offense. 

That or run an IMG simple looking offense which appears to work as well, when there is D1 talent at every position.

9 hours ago, Pops said:

I’m sure lovejoy is known as a speed team 

But 5 or 6 4.3s?

hand-timed i presume?

dls has never had a 4.3 40 guy

I was unaware of the proportion of the mismatch and feel badly

sportsnut a guy that just has an abundance of passion — I ought to give a lot of rope in that department 

but take lovejoy out of it — he’s saying you need 5 or 6 4.3 40 guys to play lovejoy, I’m saying there have never been that many on one team at any level

youre the resident track expert and so 40 yard veracity guru by default 

here’s some evidence for the prosecution

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/124914-nobody-runs-a-43-on-the-inflation-of-high-school-40-times

I just like the names Lovejoy and Niceville :).  

Yea I smiled at the 4.3 mention.   That’s extremely rare.  The 4.4 hand times become 4.6-4.7 real quick.   

Anthony Schwartz, Kalon Barnes and Shawn Shivers are among a select small group I’d guess would run a 4.4 NFL combine style 40 from the track and football participants.  Schwartz teammate Tyson Campbell might be able to also.  The Opening times may be hyped a bit also.  Some times there seemed too good to be true thru the years.  Ronald Darby NFL CB went really low one year.  4.31 I think he was timed in HS (4.38 NFL combine). Marvin Bracy was also sub 4.4 timed in HS I believe, but he was a rare track/speed burner at HS level.