OK Pops, CP had all year... let’s discuss :)

golfaddict1

18 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

I am not a Texan.

I am from Georgia.

My comments are not focused on any particular team or state. My issue is that I don't see many of the teams ranked in the top 100 of any poll that I can say is better than what I can watch traveling around the state on friday night. I don't believe the top 25 nationally, have earned it. Why? Because they have not played anyone other than the usual names that share the distinction of being named the best without playing everyone. No way DeLaSalle wins that many games in Georgia. No way Mater Dei dominates. 

I guess it is just me but I will not and could not say with a clear mind that those teams are better than what I have here. I am in no way taking away from the talent that permeates these teams but I will not concede the teams in many of these polls to be superior to those I watch. 

I have watch the Jersey boys of the BNU

The Trinity gang

Norcal 

Socal

Texas

and of course Florida.

just my thoughts.

I guess we will see how much I know come fall.

Dude I like you man, but your love for everything ga clouds your judgement.  Jsut like some of your brethren. You can't see MD dominating in ga?  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

Norcross won state. 

Repeated.

Beat us in 12" in a close game on a busted assignment on our part. 21-14.

I think several teams here could have beat MD last year. 

Rome for one. 

ELCA

Mceachern

Hapeville Charter

Some Georgia posters will deny the possibility.

I am not them.

I don't give in to the name game.

Georgia has talent on every level.

Example, 2017. ELCA,  a single A private  Georgia school vs. Knoxville Catholic. 55-10, a 5A school with very good credentials.

Ay Dios  mio.  Nevermind.  Carry on. 

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Unlike evidently Ga posters....The Ohio guys can provide un biased regional feedback.

Most Georgia guys have such an inferiority complex that precludes an honest take that doesn't benefit Georgia

You won't be credible until you Admit that the Stache is the legit national champions for 2017.

ROTFLMAO!!!!

3 hours ago, Pops said:

Ok

dear other GA posters:

anyone want to back Lovejoy over BTW in ‘13 or DLS for any of ‘10-‘13

asking for a friend 

Why don't you make that argument?   I mean, as unusual as it may seem for Sportsnut to believe his 2013 Lovejoy team would beat BTW,  I guarantee you he at least understands the team he's talking about or at least watched a game or two of them (BTW).    You know anything about those Lovejoy teams or ever watched any of their games?   

Now, if you're just throwing a blanket statement at a blanket statement, I mean I get it.   Believe it or not there are teams out there that maybe could have beaten 08 STA, 06 MNW, 2013 SJB, 2013 BTW, 2017 MD etc etc.    Putting a running clock on a solid team is a whole different animal.   You have to get either lucky and just have a perfect game or the other team has to shit the bed with turnovers.   DLS simply will not overpower some of these big GA fronts like they do against some of the teams in Norcal and light up the board.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Why don't you make that argument?   I mean as unusual as it may seem for Sportsnut to believe his 2013 Lovejoy team would beat BTW,  I guarantee you he at least understands the team he's talking about or at least watched a game or two of them (BTW).    You know anything about those Lovejoy teams or ever watched any of their games?    Has DLS put a running clock on any OOS teams lately?  

Now if you're just throwing a blanket statement at a blanket statement, I mean I get it.   Believe it or not there are teams out there that maybe could have beaten 08 STA, 06 MNW, 2013 SJB, 2013 BTW, 2017 MD etc etc.    Putting a running clock on a solid team is a whole different deal.   You have to get either lucky and just have a perfect game or the other team has to shit the bed with turnovers.   

I can save you the time Pops makes excuses and BS's alot now all of us make BS statements from time to time. But Pops he thrives on BS... and no he doesnt watch the games... 

And I remember this as if it where yesterday pops I once challenged him to watch a game and you made some excuse about watching the Pac12 champioship game... or it was Washington vs WSU thats the only detail thats hazy  but it was back when DJ's board was up. 

Now just wait for him to deny it... or deflect and change the topic... 

14 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Why don't you make that argument?   I mean as unusual as it may seem for Sportsnut to believe his 2013 Lovejoy team would beat BTW,  I guarantee you he at least understands the team he's talking about or at least watched a game or two of them (BTW).    You know anything about those Lovejoy teams or ever watched any of their games?    Has DLS put a running clock on any out of state teams lately?  

Now if you're just throwing a blanket at a blanket statement, I mean I get it.   Believe it or not there are teams out there that might have beaten 08 STA, 06 MNW, 2013 SJB, 2013 BTW, 2017 MD etc etc.

What’s your point?

you can’t be defending lovejoy ‘13 over btw ‘13?

Every team can be beat..... don’t think I said anything different

watching games?  Fwiw, I saw btw 3x that year — it’s not like i don’t watch Amy games — I gave myself that assignation as a counter Lou t to echs bragging about how many games he watches — i was also saying imho empirical evidence is a superior evaluative tool to “eye test” 

1 hour ago, Pops said:

What’s your point?

you can’t be defending lovejoy ‘13 over btw ‘13?

Every team can be beat..... don’t think I said anything different

watching games?  Fwiw, I saw btw 3x that year — it’s not like i don’t watch Amy games — I gave myself that assignation as a counter Lou t to echs bragging about how many games he watches — i was also saying imho empirical evidence is a superior evaluative tool to “eye test” 

How can I defend something I don't really know much about?  My point is your statement, to me, sounds crazier than Sportsnuts.   I'd feel good taking '13 BTW against anyone that year, but I wouldn't just dismiss an opinion/team without knowing much about them.  That's the thing I knew you didn't know anything about them, yet DLS would running clock em 3 years in a row.   

All I know is in 2012 Grayson put a beating on a state champ Miami Central team (that beat BTW 37-26 that year).   That Grayson team got bounced by North Gwinett in the playoffs 28-10, and Lovejoy beat that NG team 21-6.  Hey, it's daisychaining, but Ga has proven themselves against Fl plenty of times, enough for them to have my respect.  

AND...for the record, I would take BTW over Lovejoy in 2013,  but doubt it'd have been a running clock. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 954gator said:

How can I defend something I don't really know much about?  My point is your statement, to me, sounds crazier than Sportsnuts.   I'd feel good taking '13 BTW against anyone that year, but I wouldn't just dismiss an opinion/team without knowing much about them.  That's the thing I knew you didn't know anything about them, yet DLS would running clock em 3 years in a row.   

All I know is in 2012 Grayson put a beating on a state champ Miami Central team (that beat BTW 37-26 that year).   That Grayson team got bounced by North Gwinett in the playoffs 28-10, and Lovejoy beat that NG team 21-6.  Hey, it's daisychaining, but Ga has proven themselves against Fl plenty of times, enough for them to have my respect.  

AND...for the record, I would take BTW over Lovejoy in 2013,  but doubt it'd have been a running clock. 

Exactly what part of my statement do you believe was crazier than sportsnut claiming lovejoy beats btw?

wouldnt you agree that it is more likely based on the empirical evidence that btw wins?

that DLS running clicks lovejoy 4 years in a row (in which they finished no lower than 7th nationally and had 2 running clock wins against #1 socal team in Open SBG?

I understand that you are admonishing me, but I’m pretty comfortable there is sufficient evidence to my assertions as well as against his without me hanging around lovejoy practices and to call mine crazier implies more about your bias than my opinion 

14 minutes ago, Pops said:

Exactly what part of my statement do you believe was crazier than sportsnut claiming lovejoy beats btw?

wouldnt you agree that it is more likely based on the empirical evidence that btw wins?

that DLS running clicks lovejoy 4 years in a row (in which they finished no lower than 7th nationally and had 2 running clock wins against #1 socal team in Open SBG?

I understand that you are admonishing me, but I’m pretty comfortable there is sufficient evidence to my assertions as well as against his without me hanging around lovejoy practices and to call mine crazier implies more about your bias than my opinion 

So we went from 3 to 4. 

Now at this point Im just being real after Al hughes left Lovejoy fell off big time... if Al hughes stayed Lovejoy would be something on par with Grayson... he ran that program like a captain and earned the respect of many...  But sometimes things happen and Coach Hughes had to leave...

But back to you Pops... I want some of your...Empirical Evidence... that DLS wouldve beaten Lovejoy at all... 

Or you can just shut it altogether why? Because DLS has never played Lovejoy... Lovejoy now is not as good as they once where nowhere near unfortunately... I wish ole Hughes would come back he was a damn good coach... 

42 minutes ago, Pops said:

1. I think BTW would beat Lovejoy, because they were very efficient on offense and didn't need to run the ball conventionally to move the chains, yet they still could run well with a NFL back getting carries.   I think Lovejoy had a great D, but I don't think their Offense would have been efficient enough, and they'd need to rely on controlling the clock to have the best chance (without taking into account luck with turnovers etc).   I wouldn't predict a running clock though.   And obviously has nothing to do with what the rankings say.  In 2012 I think it's 50/50.   

2.  Yes I think this is absurd reasoning.   Sure DLS had a couple running clocks on some pretty good teams.   Yet, from 2010-2014 DLS played 3 OOS games.   In 2010 beat BG 28-14,  In 2011 lost to STA 30-6, and in 2012 beat Mullen Colorado 30-13.    None were running clock victories.   

3.  I actually was about to start messing with Sportsnut about the "kicking BTW ass", but then you went all running clock 4 straight years lol.

10 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

So we went from 3 to 4. 

Now at this point Im just being real after Al hughes left Lovejoy fell off big time... if Al hughes stayed Lovejoy would be something on par with Grayson... he ran that program like a captain and earned the respect of many...  But sometimes things happen and Coach Hughes had to leave...

But back to you Pops... I want some of your...Empirical Evidence... that DLS wouldve beaten Lovejoy at all... 

Or you can just shut it altogether why? Because DLS has never played Lovejoy... Lovejoy now is not as good as they once where nowhere near unfortunately... I wish ole Hughes would come back he was a damn good coach... 

Ok so I started to play

DLS finishes 3rd in comp, won MNC at CP before they retired it to st Edwards a year ago; beat undefeated top 10 pac 5 champs by 40 is SBG in a game not nearly as close as the score

lovejoy — finished #77 IN GEORGIA; #2,532 nationally, played nononenin top 2,000; in GA’s 3rd highest division 

how intimate do I need to be with lovejoy?

this feels like a snipe hunt

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Ok so I started to play

DLS finishes 3rd in comp, won MNC at CP before they retired it to st Edwards a year ago; beat undefeated top 10 pac 5 champs by 40 is SBG in a game not nearly as close as the score

lovejoy — finished #77 IN GEORGIA; #2,532 nationally, played nononenin top 2,000; in GA’s 3rd highest division 

how intimate do I need to be with lovejoy?

this feels like a snipe hunt

Ok 1 down 3 more to go with hypothetical matchups... pops loved these... or you can run to CP as usual...

7 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

You come play us and you better have 5 or 6 that can run 4.3.

Name one team that has that

you may include the NFL and entire human history 

I suspect you may be slightly overstating what it takes to beat lovejoy c

10 hours ago, Pops said:

Ok

dear other GA posters:

anyone want to back Lovejoy over BTW in ‘13 or DLS for any of ‘10-‘13

asking for a friend 

I maybe would have taken Lovejoy to have a better game over BTW the year that Norcrossed became a thing. 

At the point in the year when these OOS games happen, the Norcross team was just getting to know each other while Lovejoy kids tend to come through the system together. I would put forward the same argument I have before for Colquitt actually... Team vs. talent. Early in a gathering of talent, there is less of a team than a group of kids that may not be quite as talented but have played together for longer. 

I think Lovejoy would have been more prepared for BTW at that point in the season than Norcross was. At this point, it would be just guessing whether or not they could win... I do not think BTW would have won over Lovejoy 55-0. That was a helluva tough BTW team. They rolled almost all of their schedule with a 20pt. margin of victory. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

We averaged 41.6 and gave up 9.53

Was that 2012 or 2013 though? I thought it was 2012 when y'all played Norcross a tough game in the ship and then 2013 y'all had a little step back losing twice. Once to Colquitt early... in a tough game no doubt. 

I believe that y'all would have shown better than Norcross in August either way.

I'm not sure many teams anywhere in the country beats that 2013 BTW team though. They did go out and make a pretty good attempt to prove it. Bishop Gorman may have been the toughest opponent they faced.

Lovejoy wasn't getting blown out in 2013. I do know that.