Questions for the Colquitt fans.

Nolebull813

I want to come up and watch what real football looks like. 

The football where I'm from kinda reminds me of South Georgia 9th grade ball. I have been itching for the real thing. It's like smoking lawn mower clippings and wanting some of the stickiest of the icky! 

So my question is if I make the trek 4 hours northwest of Tampa will any of you gurus accompany me during my adventure? I need to be around football and BBQ enthusiasts.

I need an RSVP from Hawg, Rab, Rufus, and CCBlackhatter at minimum. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The football where I'm from kinda reminds me of South Georgia 9th grade ball. I have been itching for the real thing. It's like smoking lawn mower clippings and wanting some of the stickiest of the icky! 

So my question is if I make the trek 4 hours northwest of Tampa will any of you gurus accompany me during my adventure? I need to be around football and BBQ enthusiasts.

Go watch the lowndes vs valdosta game 

Its on FL kickoff classic week 😂 

At least then you can watch starters play a entire game 

10 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Go watch the lowndes vs valdosta game 

Its on FL kickoff classic week 😂 

At least then you can watch starters play a entire game 

Dude you are so sickly obsessed with Lowndes that I asked to watch a Colquitt game and you suggested Lowndes. 

Be for real. You found size 2xl Lowndes Vikings boxer shorts in your girls dirty hamper didn't you? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Dude you are so sickly obsessed with Lowndes that I asked to watch a Colquitt game and you suggested Lowndes. 

Be for real. You found size 2xl Lowndes Vikings boxer shorts in your girls dirty hamper didn't you? 

Read my second post 

I suggested it because i knew of the cross town rivals playing that week and knowing this you would get a great GA football experience 

And since I have no idea who colquitt plays that week 

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Read my second post 

I suggested it because i knew of the cross town rivals playing that week and knowing this you would get a great GA football experience 

And since I have no idea who colquitt plays that week 

I was typing it as you posted that. And I don't think Lowndes and Valdosta play that week 

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah but that doesn't mean those teams play on that week. 

You are correct i just checked 

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/schedule.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=34394634-0bb0-41ca-84e5-c7b5f49d0072

Also colquitt hosts McEachern on FL kickoff classic week so that actually would be a great game to check out 

Don't know if this is correct but its listed as 2:45 kickoff time 

11 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/schedule.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=34394634-0bb0-41ca-84e5-c7b5f49d0072

Also colquitt hosts McEachern on FL kickoff classic week so that actually would be a great game to check out 

Colquitt will "host" McEachern in Mercedes Benz Stadium week 1.

The first Packer game at Mack Tharpe will be week 2 when we host the little Catholic school from the Show Me state.

40 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

What week are you looking to travel?

11 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

What week are you looking to travel?

I have been trying to visit every college football stadium and haven't been to Georgia Southern yet. The home games for them on the same weekend as Colquitt are 

8/31 vs Thomasville 

9/7 vs Valdosta 

9/28 vs Alvovy 

10/26 vs Lowndes 

So most likely Lowndes because it's the best game and it won't be so damn hot. I can't handle those August/September games in the South. Lol 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I have been trying to visit every college football stadium and haven't been to Georgia Southern yet. The home games for them on the same weekend as Colquitt are 

8/31 vs Thomasville 

9/7 vs Valdosta 

9/28 vs Alvovy 

10/26 vs Lowndes 

So most likely Lowndes because it's the best game and it won't be so damn hot. I can't handle those August/September games in the South. Lol 

The atmospehere of a Valdosta-Colquitt game though... youre missing something special. 

Also Colquitt to Statesboro is a hefty ass drive... 

If youre gonna spend a night in Colquitt after the game you better on the road by 5:30 AM...  

Fun fact Georgia Southerns stadium is a HSFB stadium... it was remodeled and enhanced but Paulson stadium is a good stadium. 

6 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The atmospehere of a Valdosta-Colquitt game though... youre missing something special. 

Also Colquitt to Statesboro is a hefty ass drive... 

If youre gonna spend a night in Colquitt after the game you better on the road by 5:30 AM...  

Fun fact Georgia Southerns stadium is a HSFB stadium... it was remodeled and enhanced but Paulson stadium is a good stadium. 

Tampa to Moultrie to Statesboro is only 1.5 hours longer than Tampa to Statesboro straight. 

I can drive up early Friday for the Colquitt game and then stay in a hotel on the way to Statesboro and then have plenty of time to get to the game 

Dude, just holler on the week that you plan on coming, and some of us will grab you a ticket. Parking is always an issue, so come early for close parking because my reserved pass only gets my vehicle in, unless you wanna meet up before hand somewhere in which case you can ride with me or something. Totally up to you on all of that. Just let someone know. I'm sure we are all pretty gracious hosts for our HSFB brethren from PrepGridiron.com.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

8/31 vs Thomasville 

9/7 vs Valdosta 

9/28 vs Alvovy 

10/26 vs Lowndes 

I’ll be there, bringing my horse trailer to ride in from 75. Parking pretty bad. 

3 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Copy that 😎

Let me just say this....

If you come to see Lowndes/Colquitt....you've come to the right game.  If you come to see Valdosta/Colquitt....you've come to the right game.  Nothing wrong with Thomasville/Colquitt except The Tiny Dawgs are AA.  We're playing them cause Zach Grage was one of our best OCs ever and he wanted to take us on.  That game makes me nervous.

No need to even THINK about going to see Lowndes/Valdosta...cause you won't be able to get a ticket.  Trust me on that.

Now...if you come to Mack Tharpe to see my poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs against ANYBODY....I will guarantee you a ticket...either on the Home Side up near Durwood, Darrell and Jim (the Packer Radio Guys) or on the Visitor's side up on the top row near the 35 yard line...with Rab.

You sir....are ALWAYS welcome.....

Rufus>>

• Like 2