where does he end up???

sausmann9

29 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

To hell with the kid then. Throw him in the trash. 

Is that your preference? 

Really. You are correct. This is exactly what's wrong with society today. Too many young people making mistakes and too many people ready to throw them straight into the trash can.

I agree with you on the 2nd chance issue...but the possession of a gun during the robbery would be tough to overlook.  And besides....he's committed to Penn State.....has to be a little off in the head....(Smile).

Changing the subject....you taking rain gear?

Rufus>>

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I agree with you on the 2nd chance issue...but the possession of a gun during the robbery would be tough to overlook.  And besides....he's committed to Penn State.....has to be a little off in the head....(Smile).

Changing the subject....you taking rain gear?

Rufus>>

Seems to me that we love the hell outta guns around the USA. Everyone should have one. Including the kindergarten teacher. We might need to learn to overlook possession of firearms. xD 

Rain gear is probably necessary. I may be stupid and not take mine anyway. Haha.

4 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

And this my friends is what's wrong with our current society!  I guess you actually have to pull the trigger to actually suffer consequences.  I guess this judge thought this was really his first offense, lol.

does he end up at Tennessee, Miami, or FAU???

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/05/penn_state_isheem_young_decert.html

So what I’m hearing is he snitched on his co defendants to strike a deal with the procecutors 

19 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Seems to me that we love the hell outta guns around the USA. Everyone should have one. Including the kindergarten teacher. We might need to learn to overlook possession of firearms. xD 

In 1974, Israel implemented a program to train and arm teachers.  Since then, 2 school shootings, in both cases minimized by a teacher  taking the aggressor out. Arm the right people.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

In 1974, Israel implemented a program to train and arm teachers.  Since then, 2 school shootings, in both cases minimized by a teacher  taking the aggressor out. Arm the right people.

In 1996, Australia banned assault weapons and just two weeks ago had their first mass in 22 years.

I bet you'd be against that prescription.

So all you've done is partake in confirmation bias.

58 minutes ago, On2whls said:

That depends. How much you willing to risk?

Banning assault weapons is no risk to anybody.

Some of the most free and open societies, similar to ours, don't have assault weapons and they are at far less risk of losing their lives in a mass shooting as we are.

7 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

Some of the most free and open societies, similar to ours, don't have assault weapons and they are at far less risk of losing their lives in a mass shooting as we are.

The biggest issue is the fact that schools are easy targets 

Most schools you can walk on campus without anyone knowing so what's stopping someone from walking on the campus with a gun

You don't see people walking into airports or police stations to commit mass murder, if schools had same security as those places the shootings would go down

On 5/25/2018 at 2:08 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

To hell with the kid then. Throw him in the trash. 

Is that your preference? 

Really. You are correct. This is exactly what's wrong with society today. Too many young people making mistakes and too many people ready to throw them straight into the trash can.

Of course young people are going to make mistakes 

The average public school does nothing to teach our young citizens or prepare them for life because politicians have criminally underfunded public schools (where the majority of students go)  and instead thrown money towards private schools (Where the rich buddies of the politicians who are being paid under the table go) 

I wouldn't be shocked if the stats can actually show a direct correlation between the decline in education with the decline in funding towards public schools and pushing the heavy majority of the education budget for the rich private schools 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

Gun control is a middle of the road issue for me.  Everyone should have the right to own guns for hunting, personal protection, target shooting or collecting(as a hobby).  

I have visually observed assault weapons in collections of four individuals.  Three of them I would think would only ever use them for personal or community protection in the unlikely event of extreme social unrest and there was inadequate law enforcement available.  The fourth used to use his to mow down Joshua trees on weekends in the desert.  He meticulously documented this with polaroids in a scrapbook.  That’s the sort of whacko you can’t predict, so I would vote no on assault weapons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goldmember said:

That's not practical.

So we'll move on to talking about things that can actually be done.

So it's not possible to put a few armed guards in a school,  lock down extra entrances to make sure you have to be screened before entering and throwing a metal detector at the entrance? 

This country wastes money on unimportant garbage, at least this would be useful

After all this country is willing to spend millions in tax dollars on a wall that will only stop people who climb over a fence (it does nothing to stop people who smuggle themselves in cars,  planes,  boats or just sneak in through underground tunnels)

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

So it's not possible to put a few armed guards in a school,  lock down extra entrances to make sure you have to be screened before entering and throwing a metal detector at the entrance?

There aren't a "few armed guards" at airports.

So, again, it's not practical to secure every school like an airport.

You'd know this if you had any life experience.

4 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

That's not practical.

So we'll move on to talking about things that can actually be done.

The biggest problem with gun control is that these criminals don't follow laws and gun control won't get rid of the gun supply already in the hands of citizens 

Nor does it stop the ability to get weapons on a black market 

Key point here is if someone wants a gun bad enough they ain't gonna let a law (that I'm almost certain will not get enforced properly)  get in the way of them getting it

Just now, Columbiafan said:

The biggest problem with gun control is that these criminals don't follow laws and gun control won't get rid of the gun supply already in the hands of citizens 

This is an argument against having any laws at all because, you know, criminals don't follow the law so why have them?

I'm actually tired of wasting my time responding to your inane posts.

There aren't a "few armed guards" at airports.

So, again, it's not practical to secure every school like an airport.

You'd know this if you had any life experience.

I have enough life experience to be able to see that schools are some of the easiest targets for gunmen

It don't take a full grown adult to see that

This is an argument against having any laws at all because, you know, criminals don't follow the law so why have them?

I'm actually tired of wasting my time responding to your inane posts.

We have some gun laws and it has not stopped anything 

Why? Because schools are still easy targets

If you take away guns people will just use something else, they may just start setting schools on fire or bombing them

Until schools have better security to scare away threats nothing is going to change