2nd toughest league/Region in America?

Sammyswordsman

Early indications are that the GCL will surpass the BNU in 2018.   The BNU is struggling with parity and remevant coaching changes.  

Both Ga (7a Region 1) and Maryland (Washington Catholic) and possibly Fla (6a District 16) sport leagues that pose real threats to the BNU for a Top 3 berth.  Another potential spoiler is Arizona (6a Premier).

Third Tier leagues would include California's (Mission league and South Coast League) and Texas 6a IV District 25

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Thread title Sammy 

trinity unchallenged for national league bragging rights and SSD1 unchallenged for division supremacy 

CP has a pretty good list — go to national ratings and you can choose league or division (which I assume you did to get FL6A16) — interesting that it has Hawawii’s IHL as #2 and you threw out most of top ten but excluded that one — think CP is overcalubrated in HA?

am not sure if you read as far as #13 — the Sierra Foothill League 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pops said:

Nice Thread title Sammy 

trinity unchallenged for national league bragging rights and SSD1 unchallenged for division supremacy 

CP has a pretty good list — go to national ratings and you can choose league or division (which I assume you did to get FL6A16) — interesting that it has Hawawii’s IHL as #2 and you threw out most of top ten but excluded that one — think CP is overcalubrated in HA?

am not sure if you read as far as #13 — the Sierra Foothill League 

Nobody cares about Hawaii

8 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Early indications are that the GCL will surpass the BNU in 2018.   The BNU is struggling with parity and remevant coaching changes.  

Both Ga (7a Region 1) and Maryland (Washington Catholic) and possibly Fla (6a District 16) sport leagues that pose real threats to the BNU for a Top 3 berth.  Another potential spoiler is Arizona (6a Premier).

Third Tier leagues would include California's (Mission league and South Coast League) and Texas 6a IV District 25

Personally....I don't think Georgia AAAAAAA Region 1 will make that designation...THIS YEAR.  Colquitt and Lowndes...yes.  Camden...possibly.  Tift....we'll see.   We don't have Valdosta, Lee nor Coffee these days.  If they were still in our Region...your synopsis would be totally accurate.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

GA 7A Region 1 with Colquitt Co., Lowndes, Tift Co, & Camden Co. will always be up there. It just being a 4 team Region is tough...

Camden has been down the last couple years... But with them now in its 2nd year under Bob Sphire, they should make a giant leap back toward relevancy this season.

Last year Colquitt, Lowndes, & Tift were all Top 100 squads. Camden was the lone straggler....get that worked out and 7A R1 is back to a Top 3 type region.

GA 6A R1 has potential. With Houston Co. losing their HC and the Fromm boys that brings them way down though.

Im betting 1 or more of GA 7A Region 3, 6, or 8 break through this season and make some noise as a whole.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Trinity League isn't what you make it out to be. One elite team, and one team who gets shut down by 3 loss 12th ranked Florida teams. 

I would take Florida Class 6A district 16 three games to two. 

So would I, the TL has been overly hyped by simple overhypage.

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

So would I, the TL has been overly hyped by simple overhypage.

Mater Dei and SJB are it. After that it's Grand Canyon type drop off. 

And you can't confuse last year for Mater Dei being elite all the time. They recruited 20 transfers and had one elite year in decades. Same with SJB. 20 transfers with one elite year in 2013. 

10 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

GA 7A Region 1 with Colquitt Co., Lowndes, Tift Co, & Camden Co. will always be up there. It just being a 4 team Region is tough...

Camden has been down the last couple years... But with them now in its 2nd year under Bob Sphire, they should make a giant leap back toward relevancy this season.

Last year Colquitt, Lowndes, & Tift were all Top 100 squads. Camden was the lone straggler....get that worked out and 7A R1 is back to a Top 3 type region.

GA 6A R1 has potential. With Houston Co. losing their HC and the Fromm boys that brings them way down though.

Im betting 1 or more of GA 7A Region 3, 6, or 8 break through this season and make some noise as a whole.

The GA 7a region 1 reminds me of FL 6a region 4

Miami Central 

Miami Northwestern 

Miami Carol City 

Mainland 

Miami Norland 

All in same region, pretty damn good 

Plus you Also got Dillard in that region who is a good team that just never can get the coaching they need to compete with those other teams

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

And you can't confuse last year for Mater Dei being elite all the time. They recruited 20 transfers and had one elite year in decades. Same with SJB. 20 transfers with one elite year in 2013. 

You forgot to talk bad about me like I couldn't read it.

That being said, Nolebull813 undervalues the rest of the Trinity league due to their scores vs. the big two.  if he brings up the STA game again, I will be forced to report his *ss to the commish for being stuck on stupid.

7 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

That being said, Nolebull813 undervalues the rest of the Trinity league due to their scores vs. the big two.  if he brings up the STA game again, I will be forced to report his *ss to the commish for being stuck on stupid.

Nobody cares about that stupid commish fool who holds no real power

I could tell that commish to kiss my ass and he couldn't do jack shit about it

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You all like to stick on one game for Miami Northwestern 

How is that any different?

54 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Agreed.  But, take the top two teams out of any league and then how would the remaining teams compete against any other league sans their top 2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Agreed, Mater Dei had an elite team in 2017, and a really good one in 2016. Thats it.

People act like theyve been this way forever... No. It JUST started. Its been SJB and thats it since 2013 for the most part. And SJB just lost to STA. 

Orange Lutheran, JSerra, Santa Margarita, Servite(lol)... Are just teams. They arent at some high level.

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Agreed, Mater Dei had an elite team in 2017, and a really good one in 2016. Thats it.

People act like theyve been this way forever... No. It JUST started. Its been SJB and thats it since 2013 for the most part. And SJB just lost to STA. 

Orange Lutheran, JSerra, Santa Margarita, Servite(lol)... Are just teams. They arent at some high level.

Before SJB and Stache came to prominence, The Trinity League had Santa Margarita ranked National #1 and Servite was National Top 10.  Different teams same Top League.

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Before SJB and Stache came to prominence, The Trinity League had Santa Margarita ranked National #1 and Servite was National Top 10.  Different teams same Top League.

Santa Margarita was a flash in the pan and Servite was never that good to begin with.

Same story for the Trinity League every year. An elite team (borderline two) and then a bunch of coattail riders.

1 minute ago, Goldmember said:

Santa Margarita was a flash in the pan and Servite was never that good to begin with.

Same story for the Trinity League every year. An elite team (borderline two) and then a bunch of coattail riders.

....that goes 27-3 or thereabouts   almost every year prior to the start of league play