The Dubs head to 4th straight finals appearance

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Dunno, but sure are fun to watch.

Ballsy pull up threes with nobody underneath in transition, even under pressure pulling it from the moment Dubs step into parking lot.

Runs contrary to how I would coach, I don't have the guts to play it that way.

I'm old school 80s pound the paint.

Regards

BufordGaWolves

You don't like the ball movement?

Prefer ISO?

9 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

LOVE ball movement, not a fan of the perimeter game i.e. jacking threes...new era.

Pound the paint, physical ball of the 80s is what I like.

But hey, Dubs are gonna boat race the Cavs, too many weapons.

Regards

BufordGaWolves

Same here. Houston and Boston both were like 7 for 40 on 3's in game 7. That's when I scratch my head and wonder why you would continue to shoot them. Boston especially when they were only down by a few points with plenty of time left in the game just kept shooting 3's when they having an obvious poor shooting night. Take it down low and work your offense.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Dunno, but sure are fun to watch.

Ballsy pull up threes with nobody underneath in transition, even under pressure pulling it from the moment Dubs step into parking lot.

Runs contrary to how I would coach, I don't have the guts to play it that way.

I'm old school 80s pound the paint.

Regards

BufordGaWolves

That's exactly how Memphis played when they had a squad. I hate that they didn't wing a championship with that team. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

This is the new NBA.

At the youth level, especially AAU, all the big men are hybrids now. Back to the basket, basketball, is all but finished.

Thoughts?

I coached AAU and they emphasize bad habits, especially on defense.  Not a fan of this new era.  I like the pound in the paint style 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I coached AAU and they emphasize bad habits, especially on defense.  Not a fan of this new era.  I like the pound in the paint style 

I agree with you. But, the pound the paint style and back to the basket type ball is all but over.

The NBA has already changed. College is going the same route.

19 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I believe Kobe spoke out against AAU basketball. It's pretty much about dunks and athleticism/flashy play. In Europe (from the outside looking in), they're actually taught the game of basketball (fundamentals especially).

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I believe Kobe spoke out against AAU basketball. It's pretty much about dunks and athleticism/flashy play. In Europe (from the outside looking in), they're actually taught the game of basketball (fundamentals especially).

Pretty ironic for Kobe to speak out about AAU play. He championed the art of the selfish, all about me, ball. 

25 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

At least inside out play, but I get it in today's game not even worth the risk of the ball getting stolen from the big lol. 

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

If anyone cared about how the kings felt then theyd move them from Sacramento... 

I lost respect for the kings after that stupid ass trade with pelicans... 

Trading Cousins was a Dumbass mistake... 

It was? The Kings are better without him and have a good core of young players. 

Cousins has been hurt and hasn't done squat. The Pelicans played better without him just like the Kings did. 

Cousins is a loser. 

6 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

It was? The Kings are better without him and have a good core of young players. 

Cousins has been hurt and hasn't done squat. The Pelicans played better without him just like the Kings did. 

Cousins is a loser. 

27-55 is not exactly better... 

But this is the Kings we're talking about and theyre not exactly a good definition of successful.... 

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

27-55 is not exactly better... 

But this is the Kings we're talking about and theyre not exactly a good definition of successful.... 

If you watched the Kings on a nightly basis, you would understand they are vastly better and have a bright future with the current young core and number 2 pick. This was all because of the Cousins trade. 

And Cousins continues to be an injury prone little baby who won't ever win a candy ring from the candy store. 

23 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The first NBA game I ever went to was a Suns game in Arizona... 

It was sad.... 

It has to be painful being a Suns fan.... 

I give em this though they have a loyal fan base for damn sure... 

Now that we know you went to a Suns game.... can you confirm what Charles Barkley said in this video about Suns' games?