2018 World Cup in Russia

AztecPadre

41 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Any predictions?  Will chump call daddy Putin to hook a brotha up with a free invite?  Lol.  Not a super huge soccer fan, but I love international competitions like this.  

Agree but w/o the US In it huge letdown and ratings will suffer tremendously. 

3 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Really?  I need to study up on some teams.  Only followed a few last couple years. Actually come to think of France was pretty darn good in the 2014 WC, so they could very well win it. 

France is loaded, but if I had to pick I'd definietly go with Brazil.   They smoked Conmebol like I havent seen in a bit.

58 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Boycotting. 

Want zero to do with Russia. Screw them and their world cup. 

I seldom ever watch soccer anyway, but, yeah, don't care to even know a score of a game played in Russia. 

Gotcha.  Need not worry, we got you covered.  We will go with our figure skating talk if we speak of the world cup.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

In Soviet Russia, World Cup soccer watches you!!!

Man I didn't but just yesterday reboot all my routers and whatnot due to a Russian bug, now these here fellers are wanting to honey up to those bastards and patronize their world cup shit. 

They gonna end up being the workd cup instead of the world cup.

xD

51 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Boycotting. 

Want zero to do with Russia. Screw them and their world cup. 

I seldom ever watch soccer anyway, but, yeah, don't care to even know a score of a game played in Russia. 

Man people are so salty about Russia.   One day I hope aliens invade and Russia, US, China,  all these countries work together and people actually get along lol.   I go on youtube and all I see in the comments are a pair of countries just hating on each other in the comments.     Russia/USA, Turkey/Iran,  whatever it is there is hate.   The world cup at the very least is a way for a lot of countries to bond over something in common.   Think positive brotha!

Just now, 954gator said:

Man people are so salty about Russia.   One day I hope aliens invade and Russia, US, China,  all these countries work together and people actually get along lol.   I go on youtube and all I see in the comments are a pair of countries just hating on each other in the comments.     Russia/USA, Turkey/Iran,  whatever it is there is hate.   The world cup at the very least is a way for a lot of countries to bond over something in common.   Think positive brotha!

Oh I'm positive. 

I want nothing to do with them or their malware. 

xD

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Nice.  Reading bout them right now.

Haven't lost since 2016.    Not a lot of money players etc, but great team that plays beautifully and with a high skill level.   Problem is Denmark is pretty damn good too so we'll see, but NO ONE knows anything about Peru.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Haven't lost since 2016.    Not a lot of money players etc, but great team.  

Nice clips. This team looks good. Creates a lot of chances even though they probably squander too many. Last time I saw a Peruvian team look this good on film, was in the 1970s when I was a teenager. That team had some special athletes, Cubillas, Munante, Oblitas, come to mind. Unfortunately, in the World Cup they ran into, West Germany, Argentina and Holland, which had even better teams. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Nice clips. This team looks good. Creates a lot of chances even though they probably squander too many. Last time I saw a Peruvian team look this good on film, was in the 1970s when I was a teenager. That team had some special athletes, Cubillas, Munante, Oblitas, come to mind. Unfortunately, in the World Cup they ran into, West Germany, Argentina and Holland, which had even better teams. 

Yeah they were 8th I think at the halfway point.  Had a lot of players in trouble or just not on the coaches good side, but they had the second best Conmebol second half behind Brazil (who's just on a straight tear right now).    Brazil in fact is that last team to beat them (2-0 in 2016).   They are legit.