Troubling

DarterBlue

9 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Been waiting for some one to speak of this.  I am a Comp Director and stock falls under my jurisdiction.  Have seen a shitload of buybacks recently.  Has been keeping my stock dept hella busy.

26 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Been waiting for some one to speak of this.  I am a Comp Director and stock falls under my jurisdiction.  Have seen a shitload of buybacks recently.  Has been keeping my stock dept hella busy.

It's nice to be able to influence demand when you are selling yours. The bigger question, though: Given we have had a very choppy market this year, what if the tax cuts which led to the increased buybacks had never happened? Perhaps we would be looking at a real bear market now.

Given we  are overdue for one, the tax legislation has probably just fueled a bubble that will burst badly for some. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

It's nice to be able to influence demand when you are selling yours. The bigger question, though: Given we have had a very choppy market this year, what if the tax cuts which led to the increased buybacks had never happened? Perhaps we would be looking at a real bear market now.

Given we  are overdue for one, the tax legislation has probably just fueled a bubble that will burst badly for some. 

Anybody that knows finance is expecting for the bubble to burst.  Those that are not easily conned, knew these tax cuts were going to mainly help the execs.  In my company, they have been announcing repurchases like crazy.  Which of course will drive the stock price up and then the execs will start selling off.  Its totally legal, but I don't know if I could do it my self.  I'm by no means an exec, but if I was would I take advantage of trumps tax cuts for the wealthy in this way?  I honestly don't know.  I am so not a greedy person, nor do I worship money, but I know not all think the same away as me.  Great topic you brought up.  Right in my wheelhouse. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RedZone said:

conchabee sanders is monitoring...

a972109cd7b8e897131513d29c0d73d4.jpg

Good lawd she is FATTTTT.  Imagine if she and chumpy and kim jung fat were all in an elevator?  LOL.  Would you get on it?  So an old fat orange man walks into a bar with a just as fat North Korean and a former NBA player drag queen........... 

24 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Lets GO back to 2004.

download.jpg

7 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Good lawd she is FATTTTT.  Imagine if she and chumpy and kim jung fat were all in an elevator?  LOL.  Would you get on it?  So an old fat orange man walks into a bar with a just as fat North Korean and a former NBA player drag queen........... 

I just went impotent for a good while with that vision. 

You know it’s not healthy to be negative. 

Case in point

Regards

BGW

23 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Anybody that knows finance is expecting for the bubble to burst.  Those that are not easily conned, knew these tax cuts were going to mainly help the execs.  In my company, they have been announcing repurchases like crazy.  Which of course will drive the stock price up and then the execs will start selling off.  Its totally legal, but I don't know if I could do it my self.  I'm by no means an exec, but if I was would I take advantage of trumps tax cuts for the wealthy in this way?  I honestly don't know.  I am so not a greedy person, nor do I worship money, but I know not all think the same away as me.  Great topic you brought up.  Right in my wheelhouse. 

I never fancied shooting fish in a barrel, myself. I could not con myself into believing I was deserving of the catch. But this is what our current system allows. Until 1982, corporate buybacks were illegal, as they were viewed as a way for a company to manipulate its stock price. What makes it even worse is that many executives have a large portion of their compensation in options. Being able to buy your stock back while being enriched by exercising in the money options seems like shooting fish in a barrel to me. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I just went impotent for a good while with that vision. 

You know it’s not healthy to be negative. 

Case in point

Regards

BGW

It's funny. These same, tolerant, respectful, non-misogynist liberal  guys were engaged in a circle jerk for months, if not years, over this:

landscape-1478621861-hbz-hrc-pantsuit.gi

Cankles are sexy.