Top 10 glaring mistakes in JF Top 100

Sammyswordsman

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

1. Three BNU teams ranked in Top 50.

I defer to the peanut gallery for the balance.  Shouldn't need my help

There were 3 in top 18 — even the NJ guys were blushing with embarrassment 

where to begin?

Grayson at #3?  Hoover at #6?  Good Counsel at #7?  BC at #8?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

My new name for #8 is Boatraced Catholic.

Anyone putting coin on Boatraced Catholic end up at #8?

I wouldn’t sweat this poll sammy

it is not as well founded as (ie) USAT, CP, or The Tiers — and poses little threat to Western Civilization 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Pops said:

There were 3 in top 18 — even the NJ guys were blushing with embarrassment 

where to begin?

Grayson at #3?  Hoover at #6?  Good Counsel at #7?  BC at #8?

USAT has Grayson at 3 too.

Curious what your actual argument is against them...

Although I also think thats a bit too high. Coaching is too unproven,at this point

27 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

2. Nine (9) Ga teams ranked

I got your back on this list.

We all know that the BNU should be lucky to have 1 top 50 team.

We also all know that at least 11 Georgia teams should be ranked. I definitely got your back on this Sammy. Glad to see you're coming around finally. Been a long time in the making.

If we want a bitch session, let's discuss the order the 9 Georgia teams are listed and where in the list. At least 3 should be top 35. Instead there is only 1. SMH

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

2. Nine (9) Ga teams ranked

Figured thered be more than 9 ... Theres 12 at CP and 10 in the top 57.

3 top,25 at USAT

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pops said:

What would be your order?

SJC, DM, SFA (loss of q.b.), GC

SJC is top five

DM and SFA top 25 (If DM’s qb develops they will challenge SJC).  We’ll find out early against STA and Imhotep what the potential is.  DM may also have one of the top two or three rbs in the US).  

GC top 35

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

USAT has Grayson at 3 too.

Curious what your actual argument is against them...

I just believe that #3 is too high

i think there’s about 5 teams that clearly ought to be ranked higher and Grayson can be anywhere in the 6-15 range 

I know Grayson has athletes but they always do and sondoes Stephenson for that matter — you yourself have expressed a lot of reservations about the quality of the coaching staff 

further, I know most of you GA guys support the non-metro teams more, but no one in GA seems overly excited or impressed by Grayson — #3 would be as high of a finish for a GA team in last decade — is this Grayson team THAT team?  Seems like none of you guys think so

MD, SJB, IMG on a different level;  STA seems like they should be in this group every year; BG, SJC....

If Grayson  really is the #3 team I would think they’d be a stronger consensus #1 in GA because I’m fairly confident GA doesn’t have more than one team on Tier One 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pops said:

I just believe that #3 is too high

i think there’s about 5 teams that clearly ought to be ranked higher and Grayson can be anywhere in the 6-15 range 

I know Grayson has athletes but they always do and sondoes Stephenson for that matter — you yourself have expressed a lot of reservations about the quality of the coaching staff 

further, I know most of you GA guys support the non-metro teams more, but no one in GA seems overly excited or impressed by Grayson — #3 would be as high of a finish for a GA team in last decade — is this Grayson team THAT team?  Seems like none of you guys think so

MD, SJB, IMG on a different level;  STA seems like they should be in this group every year; BG, SJC....

If Grayson  really is the #3 team I would think they’d be a stronger consensus #1 in GA because I’m fairly confident GA doesn’t have more than one team on Tier One 

In the last decade...? Do you even read or listen to the stuff you say?  In the last 7 years, Georgia has had a Top 3 team 4 times... 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016 ... Where do you get this stuff from? Not sure but Im betting 2014 Colquitt was #3 somewhere also.

2011 Grayson, 2012 Norcross, 2015 Colquitt, 2016 Grayson all finished #3 or better in 1 or more polls. 

We actually had a MNC winner just 3 years ago in 2015 Colquitt as they won 2 polls and were #2 in 3 more.

This is the main reason its hard to take you serious... Ever. Either you lie constantly, or you simply do not know what youre talking about. Hard to figure out which sometimes.

Most GA posters have said this is going to be the best season for quality and depth weve had in a while.

I actually have Grayson #4 in GA behind North Gwinnett, Marietta, & Colquitt.

First, not a clue how Fisher even does this.  At least w Freeman we see some data behind it with returning players info.  Fisher uses Massey’s rating and adds more categories (secret sauce).   

Maybe we can get him for a Q and A.  I’m sure he’d like to discuss his upcoming book about Texas hsfb, which is coming out in Septemeber i believe.  

As for the poll, Carol City will have a young OL, but Richardson’s scrambling ability should help.  If the OL gels I think they can win the district and I’d rank them above MNW to start the season and probably above MC as well.  Why MC is ranked so high not sure, but hope they do well of course.   Omitting Carol City was what jumped out at me and also AHP losing so much talent and still being ranked 55th to start (27 game winning streak to algorithm can only drop so far I suppose).   

STA it all comes down to QB.  Whether it’s the NIU or Harvard verbal, just do your job and hopefully the vanilla play calling can have a chocolate swirl in week 1.