The thing about Marietta!

ORabidOne

2 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

I know what I said and I know what I meant. 

I meant what I said also. 

I will own it , if that is the way it was taken. It was said in response to a matter of my team vs. a certain team and I did say they would need a few running 4.3 to compete. It was said for a reason. Reason being, we had 4 kids, QB, RB, receiver and KR running 4.5 or lower.

It was not said to impress upon anyone a need for the statement to solicit lies or any criticism.

But I do understand that with kids, you can expect the unexpected. 

And if you jumped in on that pile unknowingly, I understand.

If not and you knew from the start that that the rebuttal had grown childish, fuck you.

The bullshit page is next door. 

So basically you did say it, and in your mind that makes me the liar?

And your reaction is “fuck me” for catching you out?

Is that how it works?  Seems to me you need a timeout on the bullshit page.

If you can’t take a few digs over something this trivial you need help.

Therapy or meds, but get help.

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2018 at 11:03 AM, ORabidOne said:

All that transfers show, is that your coach is INEPT at winning with homegrown talent! Can you clowns imagine how you'd feel, if Colquitt had just TWO transfers from neighboring counties?(Worth, Dougherty, Mitchell, Thomas, Tift, Cook, and Brooks) That's two each, from eleven schools within thirty five miles of the HOG PEN!

Be careful what you are preening about.  Your coach won back to back state titles with a kid that did not live in the county ... ever.  He hasn't won a state title with a Colquitt kid since he has been there.  Been close and had good to great teams to be sure but the only titles came with a non Colquitt kid.

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2018 at 2:44 PM, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:
On 7/3/2018 at 12:33 PM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Its mostly city schools 

Marietta and Buford  are the only ones I know with it Open Enrollment. 

I think Carrollton and Warner Robins may be Open enrollment... 

Decatur also. 

While Decatur technically has open enrollment, they stopped accepting students from out of the city limits several years back.  To be honest I don't know if they are accepting students now or not.  Their football program has declined from it's glory days in the 50s, 60s, and 70s.

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2018 at 8:27 AM, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Now I submit to you, how many instances have you seen rules broken that the GHSA will not enforce? A lot, right? With the exception of Tucker GBB being kicked out of post season for ineligible players and that happened post season, should tell you something. GHSA doesn't have the manpower and resources to chase down every little infraction which may or may not be proven to be egregious.

Our girls soccer had to vacate all victories for the year and the state runner up title when it turned out a girl didn't make a bona fide move.  When we found out just before the championship game, we didn't play her in the final.  Talked to the AD about it and if I remember correctly it was a case of good when we checked and made the visit and then the family moved back to their Brookwood home.  Our practices on checking on transfers has changed as a result.  We did make weekly checks during the season on the football team until the season ended and *all* of those transfers were real during the season.  I don't know the family dynamics and it is none of my business by I know Kurt's mother and sister stayed in Grayson through the end of the school year at least while dad and Kurt went back to Covington after the fall semester ended.

Even if it isn't to the degree many people would like, the GHSA does pay attention.

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2018 at 4:25 PM, ORabidOne said:

Yet, we STILL get grief from the Anti Chase crowd!😇

You get crap about Chase because of your holier than thou attitude about transfers.  I know the boy started attending Colquit schools in the 8th grade.  I know that is allowed under GHSA rules.  I also know he *never* lived in Colquitt Co while he played.  Heck, he and his family never even made an effort to move, bona fide or not.  I don't really care until you start giving us fits for transfers or open enrollment schools a bunch of crap.  As you are fond of saying about transfers at Grayson, arguably the reason you won back to back ships (a really great achievement by the way) was a quarterback who for all intents and purposes was an open enrollment kid.  Seems a touch hypocritical to me but that's me looking at it from my side.  I'm sure it looks different from yours.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fred said:

While Decatur technically has open enrollment, they stopped accepting students from out of the city limits several years back.  To be honest I don't know if they are accepting students now or not.  Their football program has declined from it's glory days in the 50s, 60s, and 70s.

Good to know, thanks and welcome back.

BGW

27 minutes ago, Fred said:

You get crap about Chase because of your holier than thou attitude about transfers.  I know the boy started attending Colquit schools in the 8th grade.  I know that is allowed under GHSA rules.  I also know he *never* lived in Colquitt Co while he played.  Heck, he and his family never even made an effort to move, bona fide or not.  I don't really care until you start giving us fits for transfers or open enrollment schools a bunch of crap.  As you are fond of saying about transfers at Grayson, arguably the reason you won back to back ships (a really great achievement by the way) was a quarterback who for all intents and purposes was an open enrollment kid.  Seems a touch hypocritical to me but that's me looking at it from my side.  I'm sure it looks different from yours.

Dang Fred, well said. I have an issue with the hypocrisy emanating from Moultrie, granted its mainly one poster.

It really taints the righteous grassroots greatest coach ever bullshit fairly well if you ask me.

Forgot all about this.

Regards,

BGW

42 minutes ago, Fred said:

Our girls soccer had to vacate all victories for the year and the state runner up title when it turned out a girl didn't make a bona fide move.  When we found out just before the championship game, we didn't play her in the final.  Talked to the AD about it and if I remember correctly it was a case of good when we checked and made the visit and then the family moved back to their Brookwood home.  Our practices on checking on transfers has changed as a result.  We did make weekly checks during the season on the football team until the season ended and *all* of those transfers were real during the season.  I don't know the family dynamics and it is none of my business by I know Kurt's mother and sister stayed in Grayson through the end of the school year at least while dad and Kurt went back to Covington after the fall semester ended.

Even if it isn't to the degree many people would like, the GHSA does pay attention.

Thanks Fred, good to know what actually went down.

Regards,

BGW

17 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

So it is acceptable for you to take a statement by me and parade around and use it to try and define me or besmirch  my name but it is not O.K. for me to fight for what I meant when I made the comment?

Do you see where you need help?

I am here for you.

Actually it is acceptable.  You say it, you own it.

If you don’t want attention stop posting stupid shit and then lie about it. Remember, it’s not the sin that does you in, it’s the coverup.

You really are a dishonorable disingenuous twerp.

No wonder you don’t have any friends.

And as for ‘besmirching’ your name, you don’t need me for that.  You do a good enough job all by yourself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Look at all those inflated offers lmao talk about Booty ass schools 🤤😶🤗

37470B62-3A56-4109-B0C3-66717F305AC7.png

9FBA79EF-440A-4AD8-9FE4-7212D0FFB627.png

There are more than a few fine schools there.  Other than a few schools and a relatively few occupations, *where* you get a degree from is not as important as *getting* a degree for most jobs.  Having said that, I am a strong proponent of the trades as well.  There are an awful lot of well paying skilled trades jobs going unfilled due to the emphasis on a college education.  I know many skilled trades people that are very successful at business running pretty decent sized businesses and making a ton of money at it.

Edited by Fred
grammar corrections.

6 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Good to know, thanks and welcome back.

BGW

Work called.  When you have a full time job and also own a small business that is in the midst of its busy season, you do what you have to do and football boards wind up taking a back seat.  I will say business is very good right now after being down last year and the first part of this year.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Fred said:

Work called.  When you have a full time job and also own a small business that is in the midst of its busy season, you do what you have to do and football boards wind up taking a back seat.  I will say business is very good right now after being down last year and the first part of this year.

Awesome Fred, I'm glad you caught the thread and spoke to it.

We are passionate about out teams and sometimes the passion overrides the basic truth of the matter.

Regards,

BGW

2 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

Did you just pull BT outta your ass? No way in HELL a AA school beats HOG AIR and da BLACK HATS!

Nope, in your mind but of course, then again little 'ol bush league AA Cook County gotcha good and roasted,

Unleash the excuses, again....

We await the verbal effluent.

@LiberalDonaldTrump,

Regards,

All Knowing Asshole

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

Mostly renovation.

Parts of that school had been built in the 1940's.

They even replaced the stadium. 

Maybe they built them another gym as the used to play their games at Decatur Recreation center. 

The one on campus held about 100 people.

Thanks for playing but no, this includes a lot more than just renovation.  Extra classrooms as well.

https://www.csdecatur.net/Page/1668

Decatur High School

During the fall of 2014, the City Schools of Decatur Began the multi-phased construction process for expansion at Decatur High School. Currently, we are working on phase 2 of this project which includes a new classroom addition, a new media center, and a new drop off area for buses and cars.

http://decaturish.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/taskforce.pdf

page 19

DECATUR HIGH SCHOOL - GO BOND Funded Phase
GO BOND SCOPE OF WORK:
Limited Renovation
of existing Main Building
Development of a new
Bus Drop off and receiving area
from Commerce St.
Development of a
Connector
between Main Building & Gymnasium / Performing
Arts Building
Development of approximately
130 new Parking Spaces
Development of a new
Media Center
New Classrooms
to include the following:
-
Four new Science Lab/Classrooms
-
Three new General Classrooms
-
Three New CTAE Classrooms / Labs
-
Renovation of Existing Admin Space in Main Building to 4 General
Classrooms
New Administration/Counseling areas
Current Capacity (including 2015-2016 Modulars) is 1,353 Students
This Scope provides Capacity for up to 1,600 Students or 95% of Curren

On 7/6/2018 at 9:43 PM, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Look at all those inflated offers lmao talk about Booty ass schools 🤤😶🤗

37470B62-3A56-4109-B0C3-66717F305AC7.png

9FBA79EF-440A-4AD8-9FE4-7212D0FFB627.png

He's getting free college regardless to these "Booty ass schools" Ive said it once before not everyone can go to Ohio State,Alabama or Georgia.  

Hell I'd gladly suit back up if it meant I got a free ride to Howard,Old Dominion or Coastal Carolina. 

You forget theres more to this than just sports. 

And while youre out here calling ODU and GSU Booty ass schools. 

They may not be that appealing in the Athletics apartment but both ODU and GSU are Damn good schools in terms of Academics...