Boogie Cousins to the Warriors.

HooverOutlaw

On 7/3/2018 at 11:49 AM, steeler01 said:

Boogie is coming off of Achilles surgery. To think that he'll be the same player as before isn't real.  I bet he'll miss games because his achilles will flare up after or during games.  I'll be surprised if he can play 20 minutes in a game before January 

I will be willing to bet that after January he will play in the majority of the games left for the dubs.

8 hours ago, Blueliner said:

You’re right. I’m guessing that Silver couldn’t have been too happy about this. But what do ya do? Boogie said nobody was contacting hm. 

It can be stopped ...... and I call BS on no one contacting boogie. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

You're considering not reuping?  Dude your cray.  Those are worth bank on the street.  I have 4 and never even consider giving them up.  Their is like a 20,000 person waiting list.  My season passes will be handed down from generation to generation.  Or until they start sucking again. Lol.  All 5 starters this year on the dubs are future hall of famer's.  This years team will win at least 80 games without even trying. LOL!!!  Seriously NorCal just has the best of everything and I'm starting to feel guilty.  Lakers thought they had a chance for all of 48 hours until the Boogie announcement.  LOL!!!!!!!!!

AP,

Dude. I hear ya. It hasn’t been an easy decision.

They’ve doubled in price and everyone sells their tickets around us. During their ascension and ring seasons, it was awesome going to every game knowing everyone around you. Now it’s all people who bought tix aftermarket. The whole vibe is different. And they’re moving to the city. That’s a big change for me. As I said before, the rise to the top can never be replicated...for me at least. The Dubs cake to play every single night. The 73 win season was epic even though the league effed them (but I digress). We’ll see how it goes🤔

6 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

I will be willing to bet that after January he will play in the majority of the games left for the dubs.

I agree with this. Iggy and Boogie will anchor the 2nd unit with the kids. Boogie could also be the featured guy when the big 4 are “resting” down the stretch. Dubs have already proven that they don’t need the #1 seed. The 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

It can be stopped ...... and I call BS on no one contacting boogie. 

Maybe. Then he really wanted to play with the Dubs if not. Can’t fault the team or the league if a guy wants to play in the bay. But at the end of the day it’s only a one year deal. He’s essentially is auditioning for a contract for the ‘19-‘20 season. It’s a win win.

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

AP,

Dude. I hear ya. It hasn’t been an easy decision.

They’ve doubled in price and everyone sells their tickets around us. During their ascension and ring seasons, it was awesome going to every game knowing everyone around you. Now it’s all people who bought tix aftermarket. The whole vibe is different. And they’re moving to the city. That’s a big change for me. As I said before, the rise to the top can never be replicated...for me at least. The Dubs cake to play every single night. The 73 win season was epic even though the league effed them (but I digress). We’ll see how it goes🤔

I hear ya on the seat neighbors being different every game. I have a couple of those by me and then the ritzy exec's who show up for 1 quarter then dip. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Not for the league. Bad optics with competitive balance this lopsided. 

I hear ya. But the NBA has always been like this. Maybe not quite like this, but generally. Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Warriors, Spurs. That’s pretty much it for the past 30 years. This huge gap between #1 and #2 will pass. It’s an anomaly not the norm. It’s fairly competitive after the Warriors. 

30 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

This huge gap between #1 and #2 will pass. It’s an anomaly not the norm.

You said it right here.... it was never like this. 

30 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

It’s fairly competitive after the Warriors. 

Haha so? 

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Ararar said:

What’s gonna happen next summer when Durant teams up with Lebron? Will the commissioner step in and in force the CP3 rule on the Lakers again?

LMFAO! Lakers are trash.

KD isn't going anywhere. Warriors open the Chase Center on the water in SF after next season. KD has a ton of new business in Silicon Valley. That crew will be together, winning titles for the foreseeable future, while the Lakers bask in old glory. 

Winning!

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

LMFAO! Lakers are trash.

KD isn't going anywhere. Warriors open the Chase Center on the water in SF after next season. KD has a ton of new business in Silicon Valley. That crew will be together, winning titles for the foreseeable future, while the Lakers bask in old glory. 

Winning!

Just putting it out there....don’t burn your Durant jersey if it happens 

49 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I believe he signed a 2 year extension because he wanted to leave the Warriors enough salary cap space to sign Clay to an extension.  Then he will sign a long term one after Clay gets his.  KD is a true team player.

Unless someone takes a sizable haircut one of these guys is leaving 

2019 free agents

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

2019 free agents

It's pay cut, not "haircut."

Boogie is essentially a rental for one more easy title for us.

No one else is leaving and the Lakers will continue their climb to the 7th seed in the west. 

Between the Dodgers, Clippers, and Lakers, LA is the new Choke City. 

On 7/27/2018 at 4:53 PM, Ararar said:

2019 free agents

I could see boogie moving on after a ring, but the rest will stay longterm. Warriors ownership will pay the luxury tax to keep the main 4 together. They know this team is a cash cow.