Boogie Cousins to the Warriors.

HooverOutlaw

Well, shit. I was not going to re-up my season tix this year. Getting too damn expensive...and nothing can top the rose to to the top over the past 5 years after so many years of crap. 

....but anyways, with Boogie coming to town, I must say I’m a little intrigued.....

🤔

15 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Well, shit. I was not going to re-up my season tix this year. Getting too damn expensive...and nothing can top the rose to to the top over the past 5 years after so many years of crap. 

....but anyways, with Boogie coming to town, I must say I’m a little intrigued.....

🤔

how good were your seats and how much?

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

how good were your seats and how much?

Section 105 row 8. Actually row 11 because there are 3 rows of seats on the floor.  They're right where the sideline and end line come together. We're like right there by the visitors bench. You can hear 'em talking sometimes. Its usually too loud. My buddy bought them in '02 for dirt cheap. He finally convinced me to go in with him in '13. That was the last season with Mark Jackson. And of course the rest is history. Man did I see some cool games over the years. I was there when Klay hit 37 in one quarter and when he hit 60 for the game. Way too many to many Steph moments to even keep track of. The crowd's changing though (season ticket holders sell their seats) and players take nights off now. Paying 145 per seat to watch the second team lose to the Clippers kinda pisses me off. Don't get me wrong it's still a good time, but the rise to the top was the pinnacle....I don't think those 3-4 years can ever be replicated.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Boogie is coming off of Achilles surgery. To think that he'll be the same player as before isn't real.  I bet he'll miss games because his achilles will flare up after or during games.  I'll be surprised if he can play 20 minutes in a game before January 

You're right. Every time that things twinges, he'll be off of the floor. That said, at some point it should heal, and he's basically replacing McGee. Come February-March, if he's close to the DC old....OMG! The young guys are going to get a lot of PT. The Dubs just proved that they could finish 8th and still win the championship.

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

Boogie is coming off of Achilles surgery. To think that he'll be the same player as before isn't real.  I bet he'll miss games because his achilles will flare up after or during games.  I'll be surprised if he can play 20 minutes in a game before January 

Ouch, Achilles is a tough one. Geoff Crompton blew both of his and was down in CBA and never got consideration 

Regards

BGW

35 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Will he be happy being the 5th option on the team 🤷🏽‍♂️

Who knows?! But I'm certain that he knows what he's getting into.

35 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Seems to me the pelicans played much faster and better after he got hurt

You're right, they did! Boogie can't get up and down the floor like that even on a good day. NO just didn't have the depth to sustain it against the Dubs.

It'll be interesting to see how they use him. I can see pick and rolls galore. Boogie sets the pick, and now there will be 5 legit options. Pachulia could screen, but that's it. McGee could roll and get the lob and that it's. Boogie can roll, get the lob, or just stay put and hit the 18 footer. So when Draymond comes around the pick....let's see....hmmmm….do I hit Curry or Klay coming off a screen, KD at the 3 point line, or Boogie on a lob or 18 footer?  No even fair. :o

Well, one thing is certain, if you’re gonna go to a team and you got an injury that you may or may not recover from, the Dubs would be that destination 

This will allow rehab and adjusted playing time to work together and getting back to full speed. 

Doubtful I would look in to see what’s going on this upcoming season. 

BGW

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I dunno. As far back as I can remember, the league has always seemed to have only a small handful of teams that had a legitimate chance of winning the championship at the beginning of season. When was the last time we said, damn anyone can win it this year? Maybe the 2 years that Jordan “retired”. Thoughts?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I dunno. As far back as I can remember, the league has always seemed to have only a small handful of teams that had a legitimate chance of winning the championship at the beginning of season. When was the last time we said, damn anyone can win it this year? Maybe the 2 years that Jordan “retired”. Thoughts?

There’s nobody else but Dubs.... it’s that lopsided. They can as good as they want, injuries and age are the concerns. 

The east is weak and a healthy Kyrie is only gonna make it a 4-2 Dubs ship, LeBron defected to the west. 

BGW

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Blueliner said:

There has always been only a handful of teams capable to win the championship each year .... but their odds to do so have been similar. GS might get up to -300 before season starts..... if your the commissioner you cannot allow that to happen. 

2 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

There has always been only a handful of teams capable to win the championship each year .... but their odds to do so have been similar. GS might get up to -300 before season starts..... if your the commissioner you cannot allow that to happen. 

You’re right. I’m guessing that Silver couldn’t have been too happy about this. But what do ya do? Boogie said nobody was contacting hm. Apparently finally just said eff you guys, I’ll play for the mid-level vet minimum, rehab and play with the best organization...and get ring while I’m at it. THEN hit the market. 

On 7/2/2018 at 6:23 PM, Blueliner said:

🤔

You're considering not reuping?  Dude your cray.  Those are worth bank on the street.  I have 4 and never even consider giving them up.  Their is like a 20,000 person waiting list.  My season passes will be handed down from generation to generation.  Or until they start sucking again. Lol.  All 5 starters this year on the dubs are future hall of famer's.  This years team will win at least 80 games without even trying. LOL!!!  Seriously NorCal just has the best of everything and I'm starting to feel guilty.  Lakers thought they had a chance for all of 48 hours until the Boogie announcement.  LOL!!!!!!!!!