COLQUITT FINALLY GETS A PRE-SEASON SCRIMMAGE

94Packer

Packers to play host to Miller Grove on Aug. 10

• 13 hrs ago
  •  
    •  

MOULTRIE — The Colquitt County football team will hold a preseason scrimmage after all. The Packers have traditionally played a scrimmage against another school before the season-opener, but this year coach Rush Propst had trouble finding an opponent. But he announced on Monday that the Packers will play host to Miller Grove High School at 8 p.m. on Friday, August 10, at Tom White Field at Mack Tharpe Stadium. Propst sounded relieved to be able to schedule another team at such a late date. “We needed to play,” he said. “We need to play someone besides ourselves.” Miller Grove’s Wolverines hail from Lithonia in DeKalb County and play in Region 5-5A. The Wolverines made the Class 5A playoffs each of the last two years, finishing 4-7 in 2016 and 5-6 last season. Miller Grove was the region’s No. 3 seed last season and fell to Maynard Jackson High 14-0 in the first round. The Wolverines will play for a new coach this season after Lee Hannah was named to replace Justin Larmond, who coached the team the last two years. Hannah previously served as the head coach at Baldwin High from 2014-2016 and posted a record of 15-18. The Packers also will hold a intra-squad scrimmage at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 4, in the new indoor practice facility. Propst said there should be room around the field for fans who want to watch. The scrimmages will help prepare the state runner-up Packers for their season-opener, which will be held at 2:45 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 18, against McEachern at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. RESERVED SEAT TICKETS ON SALE: Reserved seat ticket holders can purchase their tickets on the following days at the athletic office at the high school:

• July 10-13 from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and until 1 p.m. on Friday.

• July 16-20 from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and until 1 p.m. on Friday • July 23 and 24 from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.

• On July 25, all reserved seats that have not been purchased will go on sale to the public beginning at 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 94Packer said:

Packers to play host to Miller Grove on Aug. 10

• 13 hrs ago
  •  
    •  

MOULTRIE — The Colquitt County football team will hold a preseason scrimmage after all. The Packers have traditionally played a scrimmage against another school before the season-opener, but this year coach Rush Propst had trouble finding an opponent. But he announced on Monday that the Packers will play host to Miller Grove High School at 8 p.m. on Friday, August 10, at Tom White Field at Mack Tharpe Stadium. Propst sounded relieved to be able to schedule another team at such a late date. “We needed to play,” he said. “We need to play someone besides ourselves.” Miller Grove’s Wolverines hail from Lithonia in DeKalb County and play in Region 5-5A. The Wolverines made the Class 5A playoffs each of the last two years, finishing 4-7 in 2016 and 5-6 last season. Miller Grove was the region’s No. 3 seed last season and fell to Maynard Jackson High 14-0 in the first round. The Wolverines will play for a new coach this season after Lee Hannah was named to replace Justin Larmond, who coached the team the last two years. Hannah previously served as the head coach at Baldwin High from 2014-2016 and posted a record of 15-18. The Packers also will hold a intra-squad scrimmage at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 4, in the new indoor practice facility. Propst said there should be room around the field for fans who want to watch. The scrimmages will help prepare the state runner-up Packers for their season-opener, which will be held at 2:45 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 18, against McEachern at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. RESERVED SEAT TICKETS ON SALE: Reserved seat ticket holders can purchase their tickets on the following days at the athletic office at the high school:

• July 10-13 from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and until 1 p.m. on Friday.

• July 16-20 from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and until 1 p.m. on Friday • July 23 and 24 from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.

• On July 25, all reserved seats that have not been purchased will go on sale to the public beginning at 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.

Are these tickets available on GoFan app?

BGW

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Never in the past. We just finally got a high school website. 

Maybe we will finally catch up and get digitized tickets and all like them fancy shmancy nawthern schools one day. 

Crap, MacEachern not on at all, GoFan just lists the Grayson and Tift games for y’all. 

Hmmmnn

Is everyone going, it’s a Saturday game?

BGW

8 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Crap, MacEachern not on at all, GoFan just lists the Grayson and Tift games for y’all. 

Hmmmnn

Is everyone going, it’s a Saturday game?

BGW

I'm a definite yes to Saturday at the Benz. 

I thought you were talking about regular season tickets for Colquitt or whatever. 

Any Saturday ticket is good for all day at the Benz 

Either way... I got you.

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm a definite yes to Saturday at the Benz. 

I thought you were talking about regular season tickets for Colquitt or whatever. 

Any Saturday ticket is good for all day at the Benz 

Either way... I got you.

Cool and I’m doing the October 26 game also.... there’s a decent game later on at the Benz... slipping my mind as to who. 

BGW

40 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

We just finished up OTA's with Enterprise AL a few minutes ago.......Things are looking promising for our tiny undersized hawgs from the feedback I just received 😎

W-H-A-T ???????

You can't listen to Rush.....(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

WHY, Colquitt is the WORST team in big school HISTORY! Now get this, since the GHSA started classifications in 1947! The Moultrie/Colquitt Co. Packers have won ONE PLAYOFF GAME!

Colquitt Will have a new basketball coach next year. Harden is leaving the coaching ranks to be a principal