I hope Grayson "beats the piss out of Bergen".

HooverOutlaw

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

BC was NJs #1 last year, and pretty much #1 everywhere this preseason... No faith in them concerning OOS games?

Nunzios gone!

I have bc 1a and sir 1b to start the year. No I dont even though nunzio is gone. Now they have his brother who has basically no experience playing at this level. He was a coach at a public school in NJ who never played anywhere near this level and than he coached at Seton hall prep who again yes played bc and such in state but never played anyone like grayson oos. So until he proves otherwise how could I have faith in winning a big oos game week 1

25 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I have bc 1a and sir 1b to start the year. No I dont even though nunzio is gone. Now they have his brother who has basically no experience playing at this level. He was a coach at a public school in NJ who never played anywhere near this level and than he coached at Seton hall prep who again yes played bc and such in state but never played anyone like grayson oos. So until he proves otherwise how could I have faith in winning a big oos game week 1

yeah but he does have a solid group of assistants around him to help smooth the way..A lot of experience on that side line..i'm not overly concerned about this being his 1st game oos

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

yeah but he does have a solid group of assistants around him to help smooth the way..A lot of experience on that side line..i'm not overly concerned about this being his 1st game oos

Yeah he has experience around him. Toal being there certainly helps. But its gonna be vito's system. New qb starting this year. I'm just saying I'm rooting for bc but this team has to come together quickly. I understand the goal is to hold the trophy up in December but getting a win oos against a top 5 team would be a heck of a start. When do they start practicing I'll have to get down to bc to watch

36 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yeah he has experience around him. Toal being there certainly helps. But its gonna be vito's system. New qb starting this year. I'm just saying I'm rooting for bc but this team has to come together quickly. I understand the goal is to hold the trophy up in December but getting a win oos against a top 5 team would be a heck of a start. When do they start practicing I'll have to get down to bc to watch

Dude.  You left out Derf among the assistants!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2018 at 12:35 PM, HSFBfan said:

Thought grayson was replacing oc dc and didnt we read on this board that the qb isnt that good. I hope bc isnt almost double digit underdogs. Would be another waste of time to to play then. Yes I understand the md game helped changed the season for bc last season but no reason for another 10+ point loss 

If you believe everything you read on this board may God have mercy on your soul!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/19/2018 at 9:43 AM, SJR89 said:

I do not know BC like I know my school, SJR....but if BC has excellent team speed particular on team defense...then all good....smaller faster can work versus the big beef.....if this was SJR I would like our front 7 on both sides vs Grayson  

While we do have size, I was referring to the weight lifting numbers being large.  I've been told that our nose guard who was over 300lbs and benching over 400lbs has dropped some weight, gotten quicker, and is just as strong.

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Well yeah that is very true 

2 hours ago, Fred said:

If you believe everything you read on this board may God have mercy on your soul!

Well, HSFBfan... 

He isnt that bad. He looks better than DJ Irons from last season atleast, but Its not that impressive either. He has some big time offers... Including from Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Boston College, Ohio St., and South Alabama ... But its more as an ATH/WR I believe.

Heres his 247sports page ... https://247sports.com/Player/CJ-Dixon-46056020

Now Im going to post Graysons spring game. You mightve seen it already, but now take the time to focus on Graysons QB. There is something else to keep in mind... Grayson is missing a TON of their big time D1 players in this game. Pretty much their entire starting OL, and all their starting WRs do not play in this game...so its hard to completely judge him based on this game... But you can see how he throws at the least.

Their #1 RB isnt playing either, which is Ronald Thompkins... I asked Coach Hunnicutt in the Q&A if Thompkins would be ready for the season... And he pretty much said Thompkins is rehabbing his knee, but he looks strong and should be ready for the season... IMO, hes a huge piece to Graysons O, hes a strong, quick runner. Their other RB, Jonathan Halyard, is more of a scatback... He isnt a RB that can carry an elite level team like Grayson, so if Thompkins isnt ready to go, Grayson will need Dixon to be on his game from Day 1 ... 

Heres Graysons Spring game ... Draw your own conclusions of the QB

The Entire Game, Just The Plays - 

Highlights of the Game: 

And a more complete package of highlights of the game: (go to 6:20 for start of game) 

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Well, HSFBfan... 

He isnt that bad. He looks better than DJ Irons from last season atleast, but Its not that impressive either.

Heres his 247sports page ... https://247sports.com/Player/CJ-Dixon-46056020

Now Im going to post Graysons spring game. You mightve seen it already, but now take the time to focus on Graysons QB. There is something else to keep in mind... Grayson is missing a TON of their big time D1 players in this game. Pretty much their entire starting OL, and all their starting WRs do not play in this game...so its hard to completely judge him based on this game... But you can see how he throws at the least.

Their #1 RB isnt playing either, which is Ronald Thompkins... I asked Coach Hunnicutt in the Q&A if Thompkins would be ready for the season... And he pretty much said Thompkins is rehabbing his knee, but he looks strong and should be ready for the season... IMO, hes a huge piece to Graysons O, hes a strong, quick runner. Their other RB, Jonathan Halyard, is more of a scatback... He isnt a RB that can carry an elite level team like Grayson, so if Thompkins isnt ready to go, Grayson will need Dixon to be on his game from Day 1 ... 

Heres Graysons Spring game ... Draw your own conclusions of the QB

The Entire Game, Just The Plays - 

Highlights of the Game: 

And a more complete package of highlights of the game: (go to 6:20 for start of game) 

I saw a couple of throws hard to tell the team grayson is playing is trash. They cant tackle. Cant find the ball in the air. I would say from the throws I saw hes above average but nothing that special. He let's his athletes around him do the work. 

To add a little to that ... A problem last year with Graysons offense, was there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to the playcalling. Their offense had absolutely NO identity. They were just calling a random string of plays every series. There was no rhythm.... Honestly Graysons offensive play calling was probably some of the worst Ive seen in quite some time.... Especially the John Curtis game... They just had the talent to make up for it. 

But now they have a new OC. So we'll see if that produces results and the offense finds themselves. The HC is in his 2nd year, so maybe theres more confidence there now... We'll see.

Tucker plays Buford 8/17... And then Tucker plays Grayson 8/24 on ESPN, a week before Grayson plays BC. Itll be interesting to compare how well Grayson does vs. Tucker to what Buford does the week before.