I hope Grayson "beats the piss out of Bergen".

HooverOutlaw

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I love the excuses... Like BC has never played OOS before. 

Their experience in these type games is crucial.

Like Coach Hunnicut said, their players have the swagger that only winning programs have. 

As a real aside, I hope Grayson beats the piss out of BC too.

However, let's get to the brass tacks... Score prediction? Coach didn't give up much on whether Thompkins will be available. Let's assume he is available by then and near 100%.

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Like Coach Hunnicut said, their players have the swagger that only winning programs have. 

As a real aside, I hope Grayson beats the piss out of BC too.

However, let's get to the brass tacks... Score prediction? Coach didn't give up much on whether Thompkins will be available. Let's assume he is available by then and near 100%.

Yeah I noticed that. Almost like he didnt want to make any promises.

With Thompkins ... Grayson 24, Bergen Catholic 21

Without Thompkins ... Bergen Catholic 21, Grayson 17

Theres a lot of unknowns still. Grayson made quite a few coaching changes this offseason.

And BC has a new HC themselves.

As much as I hate to say it (sorry Coach) --- I dont have a lot of faith in Coach Hunnicutt as a HEAD Coach YET. He can prove me wrong this season. 

Maybe a lot of their offensive woes had to do with DJ Irons ... He did seem to struggle at times against quick defenses. He didnt seem to have a high football IQ... One thing Irons didnt do at QB, that is honestly critical at the top of the game, was lead his WRs/RBs when running Swing passes... I know that sounds silly, but he didnt throw it to where they were going, he threw it where they were and it didnt allow the athletes with the ball to gain much steam and teams closed on those plays quickly... And Grayson ran swing passes often. 

Thats just an example of DJ Irons' ineptness in my view

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Yeah I noticed that. Almost like he didnt want to make any promises.

With Thompkins ... Grayson 24, Bergen Catholic 21

Without Thompkins ... Bergen Catholic 21, Grayson 17

Damn. That close? 

Idk. I was thinking Grayson by 10. Not sure about without Thompkins though. If they have the depth they should have as a 7A school, I wouldn't think Thompkins being out should hurt them that much. I'm not familiar enough with their "next" guys in the rotation. 

A little tough for a south Georgia boy to keep up with the musical chairs up in the metro football programs. :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Damn. That close? 

Idk. I was thinking Grayson by 10. Not sure about without Thompkins though. If they have the depth they should have as a 7A school, I wouldn't think Thompkins being out should hurt them that much. I'm not familiar enough with their "next" guys in the rotation. 

A little tough for a south Georgia boy to keep up with the musical chairs up in the metro football programs. :ph34r:

Part of that is my lack of confidence in the coaching at Grayson --- let me say it again, I could be wrong, but their offense was very worrisome to me last season. 

I was convinced Thompkins was a big part of that O, when I saw him play the 1st quarter vs John Curtis... Dragging guys 12-15 yards down the field.... They were moving the ball easy with him.

Once he got hurt vs JC ... Grayson didn't do much of anything on O , until they realized Irons could pick up 5-10 yards every play if he kept it and ran QB draws over and over.

Their next RB is Jonathan Halyard as far as I know... More of a scatback. Camron Thompson has moved on. Ronald Thompkins will be vital to their success in the running game.

Let me add to this post, part of my last post that I added late, that you might notve seen ... 

""""""" 

Maybe a lot of their offensive woes had to do with DJ Irons ... He did seem to struggle at times against quick defenses. He didnt seem to have a high football IQ... One thing Irons didnt do at QB, that is honestly critical at the top of the game, was lead his WRs/RBs when running Swing passes... I know that sounds silly, but he didnt throw it to where they were going, he threw it where they were and it didnt allow the athletes with the ball to gain much steam and teams closed on those plays quickly... And Grayson ran swing passes often. 

Thats just an example of DJ Irons' ineptness in my view """""

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Damn. That close? 

Bergen Catholic is 16-8 in OOS games the past 8 years ... Mixed results

2017: (0-2 OOS, 6-0 vs. NJ Top 😎

Archbishop Wood PA 27, Bergen Catholic 21

Mater Dei CA 62, Bergen Catholic 14

(BC would go undefeated outside of these 2 games, and win the NJ NPG4 State Title, beating SJR 41-30, DePaul 48-27, St. Peters Prep 41-14 & 44-7, Pope John XXIII 20-19, Paramus Catholic 31-14, and DBP 29-26 ... Which were #s 2, 3, 4 (twice), 7 & 8 in NJ ... So they were clearly #1 in NJ)

2016: (2-0 OOS)

Bergen Catholic 34, Archbishop Wood PA 16

Bergen Catholic 44, Tampa Catholic FL 7

2015: (2-2 OOS)

Bergen Catholic 37, AH-Delray Beach FL 7

Bergen Catholic 28, Friendship Collegiate Academy DC 0

St. Edward OH 31, Bergen Catholic 28

IMG Academy USA 59, Bergen Catholic 47

2014: (3-0 OOS)

Bergen Catholic 14, St. Edward OH 10

Bergen Catholic 21, Bentonville AR 10

Bergen Catholic 42, La Salle PA 34

2013: (2-2 OOS)

Bergen Catholic 56, Jordan UT 26

Bergen Catholic 27, Friendship Collegiate Academy DC 8

John Curtis LA 24, Bergen Catholic 13

Bishop Gorman NV 20, Bergen Catholic 17

2012: (3-1 OOS)

Bergen Catholic 42, Bishop Gorman NV 35

Bergen Catholic 59, St. Anthony's NY 21

Bergen Catholic 48, Friendship Collegiate Academy DC 42

Cocoa FL 24, Bergen Catholic 14

2011: (2-1 OOS)

Bergen Catholic 41, La Salle PA 17

Bergen Catholic 48, Friendship Collegiate Academy DC 32

Plant FL 12, Bergen Catholic 7

2010: (2-0 OOS)

Bergen Catholic 22, La Salle PA 21

Bergen Catholic 34, Malvern Prep PA 7

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Bergen Catholic is 16-8 in OOS games the past 8 years ... Mixed results

2017: (0-2 OOS, 6-0 vs. NJ Top 😎

Archbishop Wood PA 27, Bergen Catholic 21

Mater Dei CA 62, Bergen Catholic 14

(BC would go undefeated outside of these 2 games, and win the NJ NPG4 State Title, beating SJR 41-30, DePaul 48-27, St. Peters Prep 41-14 & 44-7, Pope John XXIII 20-19, Paramus Catholic 31-14, and DBP 29-26 ... Which were #s 2, 3, 4 (twice), 7 & 8 in NJ ... So they were clearly #1 in NJ)

2016: (2-0 OOS)

Bergen Catholic 34, Archbishop Wood PA 16

Bergen Catholic 44, Tampa Catholic FL 7

2015: (2-2 OOS)

Bergen Catholic 37, AH-Delray Beach FL 7

Bergen Catholic 28, Friendship Collegiate Academy DC 0

St. Edward OH 31, Bergen Catholic 28

IMG Academy USA 59, Bergen Catholic 47

2014: (3-0 OOS)

Bergen Catholic 14, St. Edward OH 10

Bergen Catholic 21, Bentonville AR 10

Bergen Catholic 42, La Salle PA 34

2013: (2-2 OOS)

Bergen Catholic 56, Jordan UT 26

Bergen Catholic 27, Friendship Collegiate Academy DC 8

John Curtis LA 24, Bergen Catholic 13

Bishop Gorman NV 20, Bergen Catholic 17

2012: (3-1 OOS)

Bergen Catholic 42, Bishop Gorman NV 35

Bergen Catholic 59, St. Anthony's NY 21

Bergen Catholic 48, Friendship Collegiate Academy DC 42

Cocoa FL 24, Bergen Catholic 14

2011: (2-1 OOS)

Bergen Catholic 41, La Salle PA 17

Bergen Catholic 48, Friendship Collegiate Academy DC 32

Plant FL 12, Bergen Catholic 7

2010: (2-0 OOS)

Bergen Catholic 22, La Salle PA 21

Bergen Catholic 34, Malvern Prep PA 7

Not a lot of big public programs on that list. 

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

@HawgGoneIt

Back on the topic of Ronald Thompkins ... This is him in the 1st Q vs. John Curtis before he got hurt. After he went down, they really struggled moving the ball until the 4th Quarter when they switched tactics...

Damn...I still laugh at that trucking to this day.

(Was there live)

That said...The guards put in work...Notice he already had a couple of yards and steam before a Curtis player touched him.  I also like the "FB/H-Back" (Nice Pancake).

10 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Part of that is my lack of confidence in the coaching at Grayson --- let me say it again, I could be wrong, but their offense was very worrisome to me last season. 

I was convinced Thompkins was a big part of that O, when I saw him play the 1st quarter vs John Curtis... Dragging guys 12-15 yards down the field.... They were moving the ball easy with him.

Once he got hurt vs JC ... Grayson didn't do much of anything on O , until they realized Irons could pick up 5-10 yards every play if he kept it and ran QB draws over and over.

Their next RB is Jonathan Halyard as far as I know... More of a scatback. Camron Thompson has moved on. Ronald Thompkins will be vital to their success in the running game.

Let me add to this post, part of my last post that I added late, that you might notve seen ... 

""""""" 

Maybe a lot of their offensive woes had to do with DJ Irons ... He did seem to struggle at times against quick defenses. He didnt seem to have a high football IQ... One thing Irons didnt do at QB, that is honestly critical at the top of the game, was lead his WRs/RBs when running Swing passes... I know that sounds silly, but he didnt throw it to where they were going, he threw it where they were and it didnt allow the athletes with the ball to gain much steam and teams closed on those plays quickly... And Grayson ran swing passes often. 

we already kind of discussed this on a previous thread but you and I are I think of the same mind. It seems the known quantities on both teams are their defenses. Bc's front 7 is their strength (just imagine if we still had Antonio Alfano). But the offense has question marks, the tackles will be fine (Felter soon to be 5*) but new center and guards. RB's & TE are top notch but the wideouts are unproven, big shoes to fill with the graduation of Dylan Classi. Couple all of that with a talented but new junior QB and anything can happen.

10 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

""""""" 

Did you factor staff turnover? The turnover due to clashing values, hell wasted a year going into that... it would've been easier to shitcan everybody and surround the HC with like minded personnel.

I'm getting the feeling a little disgruntled "birdie" filled your head with with a bunch of shit and set you off on this negative campaign. Probably your boyfriend Xfactor.

Just my opinion and that's what it looks like from the distance, I came after you in the beginning, then I figured I should step back and watch.... 

Regards,

BGW

The fact that BC has a new HC...granted its the former HC's brother who is a very good HC...I think is one of the biggest factors in this game....this would be the highest profile game he has coached in HS.   I would hope he will punch them in the nose and maul them then play action them to death,....hopefully BC pulls this out and we slap them silly a month later 

10 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Damn...I still laugh at that trucking to this day.

(Was there live) 

That said...The guards put in work...Notice he already had a couple of yards and steam before a Curtis player touched him.  I also like the "FB/H-Back" (Nice Pancake).

There weren't too many of us in the stadium.  I hope it wasn't you that kept blowing that air horn trying to disrupt our play calling.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SJR89 said:

The fact that BC has a new HC...granted its the former HC's brother who is a very good HC...I think is one of the biggest factors in this game....this would be the highest profile game he has coached in HS.   I would hope he will punch them in the nose and maul them then play action them to death,....hopefully BC pulls this out and we slap them silly a month later 

considering it is Vito's 1st and biggest game of his career and a new starting QB I have to figure the game plan will at least start out conservative. The problem with that approach is it seems according to the Georgia boys Grayson's D will be stout so I don't know how long he could continue with that plan. For Bergen to win they will have to employ what won them the Chip last year, Physicality!  Plain and simple that was what was different between last years team and all of Nunzio's other teams.

10 minutes ago, Fred said:

There weren't too many of us in the stadium.  I hope it wasn't you that kept blowing that air horn trying to disrupt our play calling.

No...I wanted to beat that guy with a cactus tho...

I think I was 2-3 sections from him...But OMG...

I rather had listened to the Rebels fan with the Cowbell...At least that one used judgement and asked in advance.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

considering it is Vito's 1st and biggest game of his career and a new starting QB I have to figure the game plan will at least start out conservative. The problem with that approach is it seems according to the Georgia boys Grayson's D will be stout so I don't know how long he could continue with that plan. For Bergen to win they will have to employ what won them the Chip last year, Physicality!  Plain and simple that was what was different between last years team and all of Nunzio's other teams.

Yea, physically you will have a hard time trying to better our D front 7.  I've seen their weight lifting numbers and they are scary big.

17 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

Actually the problem is when Grayson started rotating the beef on the lines...Kept them fresher down the stretch.

Grayson also could have probably ran for a lot more on JC...

But alas...that play-calling.

Translation:  The Depth will help Grayson...But the play-calling will allow BC to stay in it.

1 minute ago, Fred said:

Yea, physically you will have a hard time trying to better our D front 7.  I've seen their weight lifting numbers and they are scary big.

yeah I figured that..ECHS predicted a low scoring game about 3 weeks ago, he might be right. If it does become a grind them,physical, field position kind of a game then this very well could be decided by turnovers and who makes the least amount of mistakes. 

9 minutes ago, Fred said:

I do not know BC like I know my school, SJR....but if BC has excellent team speed particular on team defense...then all good....smaller faster can work versus the big beef.....if this was SJR I would like our front 7 on both sides vs Grayson