The Trump administration wants to roll back the Endangered Species Act. These 10 animals might not be here today without it.

RedZone

16 hours ago, RedZone said:

No reason for this.  Just being an ass.  

Don't forget his wanting to open up drilling in Alaska bc money is far more important than leaving the environment pristine for future generations.  

And to think we need this is to not think.  

• Sad 1

I read this, and I’m all for it.  

If these animals were too weak and stupid to survive and thrive on their own do we really want the nanny state to protect them?  Where does it end?  WIC and Section 8 for these creatures?  “Animal Rights” being read into the Constituton by a runaway SCOTUS? 

Perhaps the GOP congress could institute a “workfare” program where we ensure their survival if they get a job?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

There is no balance to the Administration, capitalism drives everything.  The environment is simply an inconvenience to that goal.

Sadly, this will end tragically for the animals, and for us. Ignorance, a lack of stewardship, blind greed ... I could go on and on ... but I will pass. 

• Like 2

Ehhhhhhh the bald eagle was on the list thats the national symbol of America. I can understand if there are plenty of them than do what you gotta do but when the numbers dwindle again they are gonna what be put on the list. I understand things like this get in the way of progress and making money but this move will not help him make any new friends let's say. I can say this is one move I cannot back him on the issue until more details come out

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Ehhhhhhh the bald eagle was on the list thats the national symbol of America. I can understand if there are plenty of them than do what you gotta do but when the numbers dwindle again they are gonna what be put on the list. I understand things like this get in the way of progress and making money but this move will not help him make any new friends let's say. I can say this is one move I cannot back him on the issue until more details come out

😳.      I'm truly shocked  

13 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

😳.      I'm truly shocked  

I was too typing it. But since I fish and would like to keep the population of fish healthy and my family hunts and yea that part of a responsible animal control in terms of hunting permits and how many tags your allowed. I also dont like that people including myself hate that there are deer everywhere and are constantly being hit on the road but there is no land left for them to be in. Also over development of houses makes neighborhoods look horrible. So there is a responsibility factor in this decision when it comes to this topic

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, On2whls said:

In So Cal, freshwater fishing is not very good.  We’re having another really good year offshore though.

Here in NY there are some very good fishing lakes for freshwater and some not so good lakes. I haven't been out saltwater this year so not sure how the action has been

21 hours ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

If these animals were too weak and stupid to survive and thrive on their own do we really want the nanny state to protect them?  Where does it end?  WIC and Section 8 for these creatures?  “Animal Rights” being read into the Constituton by a runaway SCOTUS? 

Perhaps the GOP congress could institute a “workfare” program where we ensure their survival if they get a job?

Some of these endangered animals are on the list because of hunting by man... 

Survival is important but at the same hunting an animal to near extinction isnt a good idea...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

They could be weak and stupid OR their being encroached upon by people or business wanting to drill for oil.  Either way, it's shortsighted.  

Is it just these animals that don't deserve protection?  Are there animals worthy of your support?  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

Why the changes?  Maybe bc Trump can't destroy the environment in one single act and it will take several.  Well on his way though.  

I understand that the secret plan to destroy all plant life on the planet is well underway.

Stockpiles of Agent Orange are growing every day.

What are the catastrophic changes?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, concha said:

I understand that the secret plan to destroy all plant life on the planet is well underway.

I don’t know if most Americans understand that it’s going to be a long and brutal fight against that bitch-of-all-bitches, Mother Nature.  

But I’ll be damned if we let her beat us for control of the planet!

25 minutes ago, concha said:

Screw the Agent Orange.  Pretty sure I heard then candidate Trump say in a debate with Bernie that we should use our nukes and turn every forest into glass.  We got ‘em just lying around and haven’t used them since 1945!

35 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

I don’t know if most Americans understand that it’s going to be a long and brutal fight against that bitch-of-all-bitches, Mother Nature.  

But I’ll be damned if we let her beat us for control of the planet!

We already are top of the food chain and do control the planet.  Mother Nature is not an enemy.  Do You think National Parks are a good thing?  Are streams and lakes important?  Or is it just animals that you don't care about?

Not trying to be judgemental, I'm just trying to understand.  

• Haha 1