Poverty rate in CA is absurd

HSFBfan

14 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

You see the "poor white trash" sucking you dry but you say it is the illegals sucking you dry.

Interesting.

I never said a thing about illegals other than wanting them to go through the legal process of immigration. 

I personally believe they contribute to our states economy more than a majority of our own residents. It's sad. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, concha said:

AP...

Don't you ever around at the naturally blessed place where you live and wonder why roughly 40% of your fellow Californians live in poverty or near as damn?  Don't you ever ask yourself "This is California. How the fuck did this happen?"

Screw Block and his BS... you won' get a straight nor intelligent answer from him. 

Why do I ask?  Because What is happening in California is what the left wants for the rest of the country.

I dont see what the right is claiming and that's immigrants taking free shit. Are there bad ones? Of course, but they are the minority. The majority come here to work hard. They take the jobs no citizen wants. No matter the pay. No job is beneath them as they are hard working people who want to provide for their families. Cali is not cheap and you get what you pay for. You guys try and make it out to be mad max type of place, but it's not. Trying walking a mile in their shoes and see what you would be willing to do and sacrifice if you wanted to feed your family. 

15 hours ago, concha said:

Glad to hear you are a giver. That's good.

I guess where I scratch my head is that you don't appear to look around and question WHY there is so much need to give in such a historically bountiful place. Why so much poverty? Why so much income disparity?

Honest queries, yet so far the only answers I hear are "every place has problems" and "if you don't like it don't come" dodges.

Again, it's an expensive place to live. Immigrants may start out not making much and according to our poverty levels, they are suppose to be poor and depressed. But go to their homes and you won't see that. They are happy to be working and making enough to pay their Bill's, feed their families and still contribute to the collection plates at Sunday mass. Many end up creating a pretty darn good life for themselves. I think the poor citizens who see them all happy and making a decent living while some citizens never get ahead because they dont have the fortitude to get out from under the govt wing, are the ones pointing fingers at them and saying it's not fair. Bottom line, most immigrants make the most of what they make and are happy and content with what they have. Go out on a Sunday in a town with lots of Latinos and you will see families in their Sunday best driving around going to eat or shopping after mass. They are happy and content and that makes some angry and jealous because American values are not what they once were. Just my .02.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

You are a liar.

"Funny. I walk into Mercy Folsom daily and have yet to see any" illegals." 

I see plenty of poor white trash sitting in the ER with no insurance though. 

But it's the" illegals" sucking us dry! Lol"

Are those not your words?

Now stfu.....quietly 

"

I believe he was quoting someone else who was claiming illegals are the problem. Block is saying they are not the problem.

16 hours ago, concha said:

AP...

Don't you ever around at the naturally blessed place where you live and wonder why roughly 40% of your fellow Californians live in poverty or near as damn?  Don't you ever ask yourself "This is California. How the fuck did this happen?"

Screw Block and his BS... you won' get a straight nor intelligent answer from him. 

Why do I ask?  Because What is happening in California is what the left wants for the rest of the country.

Yes I am fortunate to have had a father who worked his ass off building his construction company and became a land developer who made the American dream for our family. But he did it with hard work and never asked for a penny from the govt. He gave many immigrants jobs and helped them find homes. He showed many they way to a better life and counseled them on finances and how to maneuver through the beaurochratic bs to buy homes and get contractor licenses so they could start their own business and reach the American dream he did. My pops passed away 11 years ago and I still get people coming up to me and thank me for what I pops did for them and how he led them to be a successful contributor to society. 

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Yes I am fortunate to have had a father who worked his ass off building his construction company and became a land developer who made the American dream for our family. But he did it with hard work and never asked for a penny from the govt. He gave many immigrants jobs and helped them find homes. He showed many they way to a better life and counseled them on finances and how to maneuver through the beaurochratic bs to buy homes and get contractor licenses so they could start their own business and reach the American dream he did. 

That's all great. Kudos.

But you guys are still 0 for LOTS explaining WTF is going on out there.

19 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Even if I lived somewhere else in this great state I would feel the same.  It's what you make of life that matters.  I wake up every morning, thank God for another day on earth, count my blessings and always realize how much worse others have it.  I choose to be happy.  I know our political views are on opposite ends, but I gotta admit I love they way Cali stands on our own when it comes to politics. 

"I choose to be happy".  Possibly the most important and relevant sentence that I've read here.  That, in a nutshell, is a wise philosophy to live by and I wish more people REALLY understood.  

Same with anger- it's a choice each of us can make at any moment to either be angry or not.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, concha said:

No.

Not "just like everywhere".

That is bullshit.

California has the worst poverty and homelessness problems in the entire nation - and it's not close. And I think it's 49th(?) in income inequality. This, in a hugely wealthy place run by folks who claim to be for the downtrodden.

What is Bullshit?  That some have more money and some barely make and that is everywhere is bs?  Yeah ok.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Why does anybody have to explain anything to you?  If You can't figure it out, then don't worry about it.  

Nobody has to.

Never claimed they did.

If you guys don't want to answer an ugly truth and are just going to dance around, then fine., Travolta.

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

I've met a lot of educated people who are not very smart.  He is one of those.  Emotional intelligence is not his strength either.

He will put you on ignore before the day is over. 

7 minutes ago, concha said:

Get Hooked on Phonics.

When he goes there he's mad. 😄

4 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I've met a lot of educated people who are not very smart.  He is one of those.  Emotional intelligence is not his strength either.

LOL...you mean him getting frustrated very easily and he starts cursing you out??..happens all the time...but he is a smart guy believe it or not....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

Why concern yourself with a speck in my eye when You have a log in yours?  

If my posting and questions irritate you, then just don't respond to them. Don't jump in.

Trust me, I won't even notice. 👍

And I'll ignore you too.Just let me know.