Georgia HSFB Scrimmage scores

5 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Damn what's up with Creekside?  They used to be pretty good.   

The HC that had them rolling left for a job at UGA after 2014. Hes now back in the HS ranks as a 1st year HC at Westover. 

Some HCs bring talent ... Some dont. Having the Berry boys didnt hurt.

Creekside was 0-10 last season under some guy named Maurice Dixon.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

The HC that had them rolling left for a job at UGA after 2014. Hes now back in the HS ranks as a 1st year HC at Westover. 

Looked him up. Apparently he is an alum and last coached in 2016 at Drew High as an assistant 

https://creeksidetribe.com/2017/06/22/welcome-back-to-the-swamp/

6 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Well to me this means a few things

Archers Offense still needs alot of work 

And Warner Robins is gonna make a splash this year. 

But according to the Georgia boards it was 16-7 Archer before they pulled the starters in the 4th Qtr. 

I will say this now .. if Archer develops an consistent offensive attack they will make a deep run into the playoffs 

9 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

How good is John's Creek? They come to D.C. in two weeks to play SJC...can they compete with the Cadets?

Johns Creek is a local public neighborhood team. 

St Johns is a recruited up machine with players from the entire DC area. 

The odds are stacked so high against JC that this trip is probably just for a tour around Washington, and good film to point out every weakness that have. 

I predict a 56-14 type score 

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This is one of those games where an admitted private school biased guy sets up a weakly public to be destroyed and then brags about how great the private is.

QuarterlyUnitedHorseshoebat-max-1mb.gif.695d3838869d19463155446115fd1320.gif

I think this is a case of St Johns having big money to host a team and Johns Creek coach accepted. 

GSB has a network of coaches who sign up for alerts when teams are looking. So when he put the word out about St Johns, I'm assuming Johns Creek coach reached out and made it happen. 

From what I hear St Johns is one of the more generous teams in the country, and it shouldn't be hard to get games outside the fact they are the DMV version of IMG Academy and a lot of teams are afraid to play. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Johns Creek can win this game.

What would that do to the landscape of HSFB?

I think they have a very, very good chance of winning.

You are disconnected from football reality. 

xD

It maybe would shut up GSB with the Georgia and Texas privates are making waves mess. That would be good for the landscape. 

Go get 'em Johns Creek. 

16 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Ok so the final score doesnt tell the story of the scrimmage. 

They rarely do with scrimmages around here.  Sometimes the coach runs it like a real game within the agree upon restraints and other time coaches run them like true evaluations of personnel.  Very rarely even when it is run like a real game do you see anything other than plain vanilla plays.  Don't get me wrong, the kids are hitting but you won't see any of the special plays.  Often, run backs aren't allowed on kickoffs or punts to cut down on the chance of injury.  We had a starting QB break his wrist several years ago which made for an interesting start of the season.  The first game everyone in the stadium knew when he was in it was going to be a run play and when the backup QB was in it was going to be a pass play.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fred said:

They rarely do with scrimmages around here.  Sometimes the coach runs it like a real game within the agree upon restraints and other time coaches run them like true evaluations of personnel.  Very rarely even when it is run like a real game do you see anything other than plain vanilla plays.  Don't get me wrong, the kids are hitting but you won't see any of the special plays.  Often, run backs aren't allowed on kickoffs or punts to cut down on the chance of injury.  We had a starting QB break his wrist several years ago which made for an interesting start of the season.  The first game everyone in the stadium knew when he was in it was going to be a run play and when the backup QB was in it was going to be a pass play.

Colquitt played about 70 different kids last Friday night.  Probably would have been more except the scrimmage was shortened due to weather,  That is what a SCRIMMAGE is about.  Don't get me wrong...Rush always wants to win...but you gotta put as many kids in as possible.  Get them some action.  See what they can do.  The coaches that intentionally run up the score...are missing the boat big time.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

And if JC wins?

What will that make you and the rest?

Worse than lost,

you will be wrong.

Ok... So if JC wins, Im "lost".

If JC loses , you're "lost".

I feel comfortable with that, because if JC does win... Then I really need to reevaluate some shit.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

I live in a bubble because I think JC has a chance at a win?

Just as I said, you give more credit to those you recognize name wise and no credit to anyone else.

It is impossible, totally, for JC to win this game.

What are the lottery numbers for tonight?

Its name recognition because Ive seen them play. 

I know St. John's real level (you dont), and I know about Johns Creeks level (you dont seem to) ... So I realize Johns Creeks' chances of winning are probably 0.5% ... Itd take a special effort by Johns Creek, and a complete disaster of a game by St. John's. 

It looks like pure blnd GA homerism truthfully. But sometimes you have to recognize realities, and Johns Creek beating St. John's is not something to realisitically hang your hat on like you seem to want to do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Its name recognition because Ive seen them play. 

I know St. John's real level (you dont), and I know about Johns Creeks level (you dont seem to) ... So I realize Johns Creeks' chances of winning are probably 0.5% ... Itd take a special effort by Johns Creek, and a complete disaster of a game by St. John's. 

It looks like pure blnd GA homerism truthfully. But sometimes you have to recognize realities, and Johns Creek beating St. John's is not something to realisitically hang your hat on like you seem to want to do.

Facts. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sportsnut said:

I simply stated they have a chance.

I will stick to that.

That is evidently the case.

I think you stated a bit more than that....

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, Sportsnut said:

I simply stated they have a chance.

I will stick to that.

That is evidently the case.

You said this ...

"We shall see.

I think they can pull it off.""

And also... This...

""We will see.

St, Johns does not look that elite to me.

They look no more intimidating than JC., meaning JC looks just as good as SJ.

I see more athleticism on JC team than SJ.

I see more speed. 

I see more depth.

We will see.""

9 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

I think you stated a bit more than that....

Rufus>>

Don't forget he went so far as to state he watched film and thought Johns Creek looked faster and to have as many athletes. 

18 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

We will see.

St, Johns does not look that elite to me.

They look no more intimidating than JC., meaning JC looks just as good as SJ.

I see more athleticism on JC team than SJ.

I see more speed. 

I see more depth.

We will see

5 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

If they have a chance.....they can win this game.

Makes sense, right?

What would that do to the landscape of HSFB.....it would greatly affect the landscape as an unranked team takes down the # 4 or # 6 team in the nation.

Makes sense, right?

It would make the Georgia poster crow loudly with chest out.

Makes sense

It would make out of state posters either say Georgia is very deep or it was a fluke.

Makes sense

I think they have a very, very good chance to win this game.....yes, I think they do.

At present, they have a 50-50 chance with me. With all the posturing being done here, it increases.

What makes this not make sense if all the preceding's do make sense?

Hoss...here's a good adage to remember.....

When you find yourself in a hole.....STOP DIGGING !!!!!!

Rufus>>

• Haha 1