CKKC: Rome 51, Marietta 41 - Final

ECHS05

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They aren't going to win regularly in Georgia without special teams and a good d-line. 

All that talent is wasted without those things in place 

Agree, but it depends what they adjust and fix in the next week or so.  It’s not as if they are playing a junk team.  Rome has been and is legit.  They revealed some things they need to fix and frankly that’s what these early games hopefully expose, things to work on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sportsnut said:

Got to take down that imaginary wall.

I'd like it better if they take it down for me. 

I've seen coach Reid get outcoached numerous times in region 1. Granted he didn't have the same talent he has at Rome currently. 

Archer was a monster last year. Rome wasn't beating them, Colquitt or NG. Maybe not beating Brookwood either. 

Just going from what I've seen from them all.

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

I was actually agreeing with you. I thought they woulda gave North Gwinnett the business last season. I hear Rome is playing "down" while having 6A numbers, so they probably have the same amount of players as last season. 

The California playoff format would have had Rome moved up to the "Open Division".  Where they would be in the playoffs with the Ga Big Boys.  That would be an exciting playoff bracket

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Agree, but it depends what they adjust and fix in the next week or so.  It’s not as if they are playing a junk team.  Rome has been and is legit.  They revealed some things they need to fix and frankly that’s what these early games hopefully expose, things to work on. 

I agree. They definitely have some tools to work with. We just haven't seen them do it in the past. 

I'll stick with trends on them for now. Coach has some work to do. 

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'd like it better if they take it down for me. 

I've seen coach Reid get outcoached numerous times in region 1. Granted he didn't have the same talent he has at Rome currently. 

Archer was a monster last year. Rome wasn't beating them, Colquitt or NG. Maybe not beating Brookwood either. 

Just going from what I've seen from them all.

Me too, it's a shame really.   

Most of the time it's hard for me to see if a team can play in tougher classes when playing weaker opponents, but when watching Rome it was like watching a top 3 7A team taking on regular 5A opponents.   They had all the most important pieces.   Most importantly dominant LOS play.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I agree. They definitely have some tools to work with. We just haven't seen them do it in the past. 

I'll stick with trends on them for now. Coach has some work to do. 

Yes he does have work to do, but when a team is getting worked like this I always watch to see how the players respond and the score right before half showed something.  Their offense, specifically pass game is on point. 

I wanna see the HC HT adjustments to stop the bleeding.  This is good stuff 

• Like 1

Just now, 954gator said:

Me too, it's a shame really.   

Most of the time it's hard for me to see if a team can play in tougher classes when playing weaker opponents, but when watching Rome it was like watching a top 3 7A team taking on regular 5A opponents.   They had all the most important pieces.   Most importantly dominant LOS play.

I don't deny they're really good. 

Numbers would hurt them against the depth programs for one thing. 

I hate this game tonight. See, now they get to chest thump they took out number 14 or 15 in the country. Clearly Marietta isn't a depth team and clearly they aren't 14th in the country @PrepForce

:P

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yes he does have work to do, but when a team is getting worked like this I always watch to see how the players respond and the score right before half showed something.  Their offense, specifically pass game is on point. 

I wanna see the HC HT adjustments to stop the bleeding.  This is good stuff 

They don't have the defense to turn this around. Rome is gashing them. 

Not sure if they have an answer.