Trump wins again and great news for America

HSFBfan

HSFB posted:   "Wow! A Suffolk/USA Today Poll, just out, states, “50% of Americans AGREE that Robert Mueller’s investigation is a Witch Hunt.” @MSNBC Very few think it is legit! We will soon find out?"

This caught my eye and I thought it was a bit odd.  Then I ran across this article.  Admittedly it is from a site that leans to the left but it does shed some serious light onto why the "result" of that question is misleading.  It is almost a push-pull question.  It pays to actually look at the study and see how questions are worded before jumping to erroneous conclusions.

https://crooksandliars.com/2019/03/desperate-trump-clings-bad-poll-alleges

4 minutes ago, stanscript said:

HSFB posted:   "Wow! A Suffolk/USA Today Poll, just out, states, “50% of Americans AGREE that Robert Mueller’s investigation is a Witch Hunt.” @MSNBC Very few think it is legit! We will soon find out?"

This caught my eye and I thought it was a bit odd.  Then I ran across this article.  Admittedly it is from a site that leans to the left but it does shed some serious light onto why the "result" of that question is misleading.  It is almost a push-pull question.  It pays to actually look at the study and see how questions are worded before jumping to erroneous conclusions.

From the NY post

David Paleologos, director of the Suffolk Political Research Center, said the poll shows that Trump has successfully persuaded Americans to adopt his view of Mueller’s investigation.

this is big 54% of independents believe it's a witch hunt.

Among independents, the figure was 54 percent.

12 minutes ago, stanscript said:

Wow! A Suffolk/USA Today Poll, just out, states, “50% of Americans AGREE that Robert Mueller’s investigation is a Witch Hunt.” @MSNBC Very few think it is legit! We will soon find out?

A CBS poll from January had 45% of American believing the Mueller probe to be politically motivated.

As far as the wording of the question, it could have been better but after correction all you end up with is "50% of Americans agree that Mueller's investigation is a witch hunt and/or Trump has been subjected to more investigations than previous presidents because of politics”. 

28 minutes ago, concha said:

A CBS poll from January had 45% of American believing the Mueller probe to be politically motivated.

As far as the wording of the question, it could have been better but after correction all you end up with is "50% of Americans agree that Mueller's investigation is a witch hunt and/or Trump has been subjected to more investigations than previous presidents because of politics”. 

It's important what the people think about the Mueller investigation, that's true.  Perhaps we ought to wait a bit until it actually is released. Regardless, it's amazing with so many indictments and convictions that some people are so naive as to believe that the President is a choir boy.  It's unbelievable.  Were the tables turned.................

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, stanscript said:

It's important what the people think about the Mueller investigation, that's true.  Perhaps we ought to wait a bit until it actually is released. Regardless, it's amazing with so many indictments and convictions that some people are so naive as to believe that the President is a choir boy.  It's unbelievable.  Were the tables turned.................

I don't know of anyone who thinks he's a choir boy.

Many indictments and convictions were for things that happened long before Trump even announced his candidacy and were thus completely unrelated.

Frankly, had this level of investigation and media scrutiny been applied to the other side, what do you think would have happened?  We know Hillary felonious email issues were controversially (at very best) swept away by cover from the DoJ (the famous rewording).  The Podesta Group were lobbyists for Russian bankers.  In the uranium scandal, the Clinton Foundation received nine-figures and Slick Willie got lucrative speaking fees from Rosatom/Uranium One connected Russian sources.  We know the (in)famous dossier was uncorroborated, was paid for by the Clinton campaign, had Russian sources, all kinds of anti-Trump FBI officials involved in shenanigans (I'd point to firings, demotions, resignations), Fusion GPS connections...

The investigative and media scrutiny is so one-sided as to be beyond belief.

"If the tables were turned" indeed...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, concha said:

Do you know anyone who thinks he is a criminal?  It would be amazing, out of all the criminals around him doing all sorts of criminal acts, if he were to be innocent.  Considering he was their leader who micro managed everything.  

Many indictments and convictions were for things that happened long before Trump even announced his candidacy and were thus completely unrelated.

Frankly, had this level of investigation and media scrutiny been applied to the other side, what do you think would have happened?  We know Hillary felonious email issues were controversially (at very best) swept away by cover from the DoJ (the famous rewording).  The Podesta Group were lobbyists for Russian bankers.  In the uranium scandal, the Clinton Foundation received nine-figures and Slick Willie got lucrative speaking fees from Rosatom/Uranium One connected Russian sources.  We know the (in)famous dossier was uncorroborated, was paid for by the Clinton campaign, had Russian sources, all kinds of anti-Trump FBI officials involved in shenanigans (I'd point to firings, demotions, resignations), Fusion GPS connections...

There is so much dishonesty in this it is mind numbing.  How many times can you say the exact same things (which are all bullshit), as if the more you say them it will somehow make it true.  

Memory failing you?  The Clinton's have been investigated by the right for over 30 years.  Benghazi?  Remember the death panels that were going to kill your grandparents when Obamacare came about?  The amount of conspiracy theories aimed at brainwashing those on the right was/is unprecedented. Remember pizza-gate?  Alex Jones' bullshit is actually believed by the right.  

Your hate is blinding you Conch and it can't be peaceful being in your head where everything is viewed through the lens of liberal hate, so I feel some sympathy for you but it's your choice so my sympathy is limited.  

4 hours ago, concha said:

John Podesta has not worked for the Podesta Group since 1993. 

The Clintons had no hand in authorizing the Uranium One deal.  No uranium left the United States without Federal Government supervision.  Russia hasn't gotten any uranium and neither have any of our adversaries.  

The dossier was opposition research originally funded by REPUBLICANS, which Steele admitted was probably about 70%-80% true.  Many of the dossier claims have turned out to be true, while I don't believe any have been actually proven false. 

The Clinton campaign didn't release the dossier information and it was not released until after the election.  So no harm was done to the Trump campaign by the Clinton campaign.  Trump, the Russians and the Republicans on the other hand........

There were lots and lots of warning signs that Trump, his family and campaign were riddled with corruption long before the dossier was released.  The dossier was a very small indication and not the principal reason that Trump, his family and campaign are being investigated.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1