Fred's take on the game

Fred

8 minutes ago, Fred said:

Well this thread took an interesting turn!

I'm not going to be drawn into a debate over someone's personal biases about a coach.  I will say it is hard to be effective when you are being undermined at many turns and I'm going to let it go at that.

I thought we played very undisciplined.  There were basic execution skills that I was amazed we failed at as I've seen us do better.  I can't say that our long snapper got a single snap right all afternoon and it definitely lead to BC points.  Almost that one aspect was the difference in the points total.  I get BC was playing back in the 4th to try to make sure we didn't make a big play and as such gave up some yards.  But when you look at the bad snaps back near our goal line that lead to an immediate score and the fact we kept giving BC great field position because we couldn't get punts off hurt us.  Overall, I thought our O line did a pretty good job as our QB generally had plenty of time.  I thought his throws were generally effective but that our receivers must have used Crisco on their gloves to break them in.  I have threatened to send Sticky Hands to the receivers for two years and I think they are going to get a bottle for sure this week.  SMH.  I couldn't figure out why our D backs kept falling down on coverage.  Yes it hurt to have lost Ronald as our prime running back but I thought we did okay, not great but okay, with our other two.

I got really upset with our attitude during the game.  I was screaming at the kids to get up off the bench and help support their teammates.  I am okay with the kids that have just come off the field sitting while being coached but the rest of the team needs to be acting like a team and not a collection of individuals.  I think a lot of these kids have been getting some bad advice from someone.  I think there are more than a few parents that can't let the team be the team.  There has been way too much attention focused on all of the 5 stars and they are believing their own publicity.

While I still think overall we are a better team, we definitely got out played.  BC earned their win.  I *think* later in the season the outcome would be different but we will never know and I'm not going to hang my at on that.  All we have are the results we have and from our side they weren't very good.  I hope this is a wake up call and the team starts pulling together.  We still can have a good to great season.  National rankings are great but that ranking and a quarter doesn't buy you anything.  Maybe now that the lofty expectations have been squashed we can get serious about all that counts and that is game 15 here at home.

Note that there are a lot of "I think" statements.  These are clearly my opinions and mine only.  You are welcome to yours.

SJR is in same boat

Trust me With these OOS Games after a big loss like that in the beginning of Season... it Can either Now Go 2 ways,     

1.. turm oil, inteam fighting, That Fire 🔥 is gone and they go .500.  

Or

2. They tighten the hell up , follow the game plan, fix their mistakes, not comit Retarded Penalties. And Win States

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Damn it’s a bad year for Georgia when ECHS is putting Blessed Trinity in our top 10. LOLoh woe is us. 

And really North Gwinnett just losing to some Florida team no one has ever heard of? Not a good look. I was getting over the Friday shit and they had to pull that mess yesterday. Multiple turnovers and all Lmao. Of course  

Horrible weekend for Georgia. Can’t defend it. 

The good news: everyone could’ve won their OOS game 75-0 and Mater Dei/IMG winner still gonna take the natty. It made no difference fighting for 4th place nationally 

Im really putting BT in that 10-15 range. They are a very experienced group that has quite a few guys that have started for 3 and 4 years. They do have some talent too. They arent gonna blow anyone away, but they are consistent and tough and have pretty good coaching.

Some have heard of Wekiva... never really before last year, but that D was nasty... they were bringing some serious pressure last night. And North Gwinnett just didnt have the personnel on the OL to stop it.

@954gator was 100% right when he said North Gwinnett shouldve went with 2 TEs and thrown deep every single play until they stopped that shit. Tyler Goodson was a non-factor, which is crazy because hes a very good RB.

Of the 3 losses... Buford, Grayson, & North Gwinnett... all 3 had problems with turnovers, which goes to show how important ball security is. Buford coughed it up 6 freaking times and still shouldve won IMO. 

38 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

SJR is in same boat

Trust me With these OOS Games after a big loss like that in the beginning of Season... it Can either Now Go 2 ways,     

1.. turm oil, inteam fighting, That Fire 🔥 is gone and they go .500.  

Or

2. They tighten the hell up , follow the game plan, fix their mistakes, not comit Retarded Penalties. And Win States

BC is a team to hold as example in that regard... that Mater Dei thrashing really helped them. They looked like a much better team after that. 

16 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

In regards to statement #3...

Colquitt has 2 dominating wins against teams ranked higher than both MD's and SJB's best win according to Calpreps. Thru 3 weeks, Colquitt's SoS is rated significantly higher than #1 and #2 in all of the USA. Of these 3 teams, only one (Colquitt) has yet to play an opponent ranked lower than #598. By comparison SJB has played #5204 and MD played #4847.

Fixed it for you 

4 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Lol

Off-Topic here but I was at UNT's game vs SMU last night...

There is NO WAY UNT is going to be able to hold on to that coach.  Mean Green is legit.  They made SMU look like a high school last night.  All of SMU's points came against backups in the 4th.  

Good to get one on the hated Mustangs of Highland Park....

Yup, NT is gonna have to mine the coaching field consistently to stay relevant, can’t compete with the P5s

Southern Miss has had some success doing it, hopefully NT can continue this. 

Regards

BGW

• Like 1