Fred's take on the game

Fred

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Quoting me PRESEASON rankings mean little.... 

That's nice, but you might want to rethink that one....Those 'regular season rankings' are not going to look quite as nice for you now...…. so I hope your not thinking that current rankings will mean more for you.....

PS: Yet you do nothing but quote BC's record from last year to claim they are #1 in Jersey...why is that??

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Ok what would your rankings look like...

1. Colquitt

2. Colquitt

3. Colquitt

4. Colquitt

5. Colquitt

?

We gotta have more than 1 team in the rankings.

Damn! You know me too well!

Seriously though. 

Ever since the Corky Kell, Colquitt was 1 in my mind. Going in I was concerned, but, after seeing them perform and knowing what they brought back, and seeing how they ended with North Gwinnett last season, there was just no way to not have them in front of North. 

Until this weekend, I probably had it like

1. Colquitt

2. Grayson

3. North

tied at 4. Milton/Rome/Buford

Now, I think I have it...

1. Colquitt

2. Milton

3. Grayson

4. Lee

5. Rome

I hate having Rome in there. I'd rather have Archer at 5, but idk. 

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Specifically what is your issue with the current Tier placements?  Are you trying to get at something or just desiring an exercise in rhetoric?

I'm in search of the answers to the questions I've been asking you, Sam. It's rather simple.

I'll dive into specific placement of teams once you are able to provide more clarity.

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I'm in search of the answers to the questions I've been asking you, Sam. It's rather simple.

I'll dive into specific placement of teams once you are able to provide more clarity.

None of Colquitts wins are against opponents relevant enough to cause a ripple in the initial placements.  When Collquitt wins a game vs a Top 10, 25, 50 opponent, we will place them accordingly

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

None of Colquitts wins are against opponents relevant enough to cause a ripple in the initial placements.  When Collquitt wins a game vs a Top 10, 25, 50 opponent, we will place them accordingly

What teams has your tier 1 teams played and beat that are top 10-25-50 yet?

Don't dare say BG. 

They lost to Centennial AZ this weekend. 

xD

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Ping me in 2 weeks 

Ping me in 2 weeks 

So tiers are based off of expected schedules? Not on what you have done but what you will do in the future? Just come out and say they are there because you know they are good and pass the eye test!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Fair enough.

Now I really have to question your placement of MD, SJB, and IMG.

He's all over the place on the tiers. He can't really say why one team is ranked tier two and another tier one at the moment. His excuse for having one team tier two kills having any team on tier one, but, there they are on tier one. 

I stopped screwing around with the tiers the first year they began. 

It's got more twists and turns than ECHS when his ECHS number 1 in the state is losing to a number 10 Florida team. xD

Odd that it’s the Ga guys having all the problems tonight 

here’s some advice....win the games first.  Your entire state was down graded today and unfortunately Colquitt gets pulled down along with everyone else 

Just admit that the tiers are just as crappy as the ECHS Georgia number 1. 

All we ask is a little honesty since continuity is not something that you use in your logic for the tiers. xD

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The Tiers are not an inheritance placement. Each week is fluid 

Bro, I'm just jerking your chain. If Colquitt can't be tier 1 because they haven't played a top 50 team yet, but, all those tier one teams in fact can be tier 1 yet they still haven't played and beaten a top 50 yet... well, who am I to argue?

I'm just a lowly Georgia poster. 

We should be deeply humbled after all those metro schools got beat this weekend. 

Image result for white flag gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Explain the bad year deal? 

Theres no way to know that in Week 2... not until these teams actually play the season out, and we know how good they really are.

Yeah they play the season out against other ga teams. We've seen what yall are about on the national stage. But just to be nice I will hold off judgement until Marietta plays SJC.

3 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Kind of a low hurdle, huh Padre?

giphy.gif

BGW

Lol

Off-Topic here but I was at UNT's game vs SMU last night...

There is NO WAY UNT is going to be able to hold on to that coach.  Mean Green is legit.  They made SMU look like a high school last night.  All of SMU's points came against backups in the 4th.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Maybe Walton could slide in at 5th. 

Not sure yet. Gotta think on it more and see more stats and film. 

Collins Hill mustve just had a good game plan for Walton... idk...

If i had to make an overall Top 10...

1. Colquitt Co.

2. Milton

3. Archer

4. Grayson 

5. Lee

6. Rome

7. Walton

8. North Gwinnett

9. Buford

10. Blessed Trinity/Marietta/Warner Robins... not sure at this point... Parkviews win over Lowndes puts them with this group

Despite Graysons loss, they remain top 5... they are undisciplined but they are too talented not to be there... if they can hang onto the ball, and stop getting punts blocked for TDs, theyll be hard to beat. Maybe Hunnicutt will listen to some of his critics and work on the playcalling also... its pretty bad at times.

Id try CJ Dixon at QB... unless something drastic happened and he just isnt ready or he got in trouble.

Miltons definitely a pleasant surprise. 

McEachern should probably be with that 10-15 group.... I dont think they are as bad as Colquitt made them look.

• Like 1

Well this thread took an interesting turn!

I'm not going to be drawn into a debate over someone's personal biases about a coach.  I will say it is hard to be effective when you are being undermined at many turns and I'm going to let it go at that.

I thought we played very undisciplined.  There were basic execution skills that I was amazed we failed at as I've seen us do better.  I can't say that our long snapper got a single snap right all afternoon and it definitely lead to BC points.  Almost that one aspect was the difference in the points total.  I get BC was playing back in the 4th to try to make sure we didn't make a big play and as such gave up some yards.  But when you look at the bad snaps back near our goal line that lead to an immediate score and the fact we kept giving BC great field position because we couldn't get punts off hurt us.  Overall, I thought our O line did a pretty good job as our QB generally had plenty of time.  I thought his throws were generally effective but that our receivers must have used Crisco on their gloves to break them in.  I have threatened to send Sticky Hands to the receivers for two years and I think they are going to get a bottle for sure this week.  SMH.  I couldn't figure out why our D backs kept falling down on coverage.  Yes it hurt to have lost Ronald as our prime running back but I thought we did okay, not great but okay, with our other two.

I got really upset with our attitude during the game.  I was screaming at the kids to get up off the bench and help support their teammates.  I am okay with the kids that have just come off the field sitting while being coached but the rest of the team needs to be acting like a team and not a collection of individuals.  I think a lot of these kids have been getting some bad advice from someone.  I think there are more than a few parents that can't let the team be the team.  There has been way too much attention focused on all of the 5 stars and they are believing their own publicity.

While I still think overall we are a better team, we definitely got out played.  BC earned their win.  I *think* later in the season the outcome would be different but we will never know and I'm not going to hang my at on that.  All we have are the results we have and from our side they weren't very good.  I hope this is a wake up call and the team starts pulling together.  We still can have a good to great season.  National rankings are great but that ranking and a quarter doesn't buy you anything.  Maybe now that the lofty expectations have been squashed we can get serious about all that counts and that is game 15 here at home.

Note that there are a lot of "I think" statements.  These are clearly my opinions and mine only.  You are welcome to yours.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Damn it’s a bad year for Georgia when ECHS is putting Blessed Trinity in our top 10. LOLoh woe is us. 

And really North Gwinnett just losing to some Florida team no one has ever heard of? Not a good look. I was getting over the Friday shit and they had to pull that mess yesterday. Multiple turnovers and all Lmao. Of course  

Horrible weekend for Georgia. Can’t defend it. 

The good news: everyone could’ve won their OOS game 75-0 and Mater Dei/IMG winner still gonna take the natty. It made no difference fighting for 4th place nationally 

• Like 1