The resistance right in the WH

HSFBfan

This is appalling.  This is not over an issue of criminal behavior.  This is over policy and management differences.  If you vehemently disagree on these with the President, you resign.  But you do not subvert the actions of the President behind his back.  Who the hell does this person(s) think they are?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Bormio said:

This is appalling.  This is not over an issue of criminal behavior.  This is over policy and management differences.  If you vehemently disagree on these with the President, you resign.  But you do not subvert the actions of the President behind his back.  Who the hell does this person(s) think they are?

emotional-gifd (1).gif

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

This could also be written by a ghostwriter posing as a WH staffer. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. 

This is why you guys keep getting into trouble with news reports/reporters.  The New York Times knows the identity of the WH staffer that wrote the op-ed.  It's due diligence on the part of the NY Times and News Reporting 101.  They would not print something without knowing who the author is.  They stated that to publish the author's name would lead to his/her being fired.

After all the reports that have come out on the immaturity and pettiness or the current White House resident, it is such a big surprise that something like this should surface?  Anything that is unprecedented in prior administrations is ripe for this one.  This story is disturbing in so many ways.  SAD.

3 minutes ago, stanscript said:

This is why you guys keep getting into trouble with news reports/reporters.  The New York Times knows the identity of the WH staffer that wrote the op-ed.  It's due diligence on the part of the NY Times and News Reporting 101.  They would not print something without knowing who the author is.  They stated that to publish the author's name would lead to his/her being fired.

After all the reports that have come out on the immaturity and pettiness or the current White House resident, it is such a big surprise that something like this should surface?  Anything that is unprecedented in prior administrations is ripe for this one.  This story is disturbing in so many ways.  SAD.

...the writer is telling all Americans "the King has no cloths on"...in case there was any doubt still out there....nothing I've seen written in the article surprises me....it just confirms what most Americans fear....a crazy man is running this country...or at least trying to...the "steady state" needs to keep doing their job and watch Trump like a 2 year old child needs to be watched....SAD...is right!

10 minutes ago, stanscript said:

If hes so proud of being part of the resistance why not put our who you are and resign 

7 minutes ago, stanscript said:

u honestly

You honestly think any of that stuff matters to these people here and the forum wing nuts? Waste of good time.

bandicam 2018-09-06 08-59-18-439.jpg

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, stanscript said:

Too effin' right!

Rather_edit.jpg

15 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

I've got $5 on Stephen Ford.

You can’t spell “lodestar” without “old tears.” 😉

I don’t expect to survive the day as I will be smite down for half way agreeing with you and Bormio.  But we stand at a unique and confusing time in history, so in no particular order here are some ‘hot takes’ on the ‘resistance’ op-ed:

• This is a 3 ring shit show – A complete failure of leadership.  We are living through a nearly singular, and dangerous, moment in history.
  • There is nothing we didn’t already know in the op-ed.  Who could have possibly known that Crime Family Don is an ‘unfit,’ ‘unstable,’ ‘amoral’ leader?  He’s hidden it so well.
  • If you have someone unfit to be President, there’s a remedy: The 25th Amendment.  Instead we have something worse:  An administrative ‘soft coup by undemocratic means.’  (note: ‘coup’ usually implies violence…let’s pray not… can we call it a ’soft coup by undemocratic means?' I'm open to suggestions.).
  • The virtue of the 25th is it keeps everything in the open: An unfit president is evaluated, cabinet and congress take responsibility, everyone is evaluated on their public actions.  This is vastly superior to some secret ‘soft coup by undemocratic means.’
  • What we have now is a two tier government.  Trump tweeting and ranting and his staff executing separate policy.  This undermines democratic legitimacy and ability of other countries to trust USA just as much as actually executing Trumps policies (notable military exceptions acknowledged here).
  • The op-ed reads like an attempt to take out an insurance policy for the GOP and conservatism in general if and when things get much worse – A very public hedge meant to preserve the GOP’s entire political and governing class.
  • We have other remedies beyond the 25th.  Staff could quit and go public. Congress could investigate. I have to wonder about the character and judgement of a person who anonymously proclaims (s)he and colleages are a substitute for the 25th “steer(ing) the administration in the right direction until -- one way or another -- it’s over.” 
  • Without knowing which the self proclaimed ‘adults in the room’ are accountable for administration policy, how are we to assess the bona fides of any action or policy?  
  • The op-ed will enhance the credibility of ‘deep state’ conspiracy theories.  The obviousness of this consequence makes me question the real agenda – Not claiming to know what the agenda is – Could be bad judgement, a pro-Trump false flag, or someone angling to be the next John Dean.  Who the hell knows in Trumpworld?
  • Tweeting “Treason?” only underscores the anonymous author’s point about Trump being unqualified for the job.
  • Did I mention this is a 3 ring shit show – Complete failure of leadership?

Completely reserve the right to change my mind as new information comes to light and we have more time to think about what’s going on.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

You can’t spell “lodestar” without “old tears.” 😉

I don’t expect to survive the day as I will be smite down for half way agreeing with you and Bormio.  But we stand at a unique and confusing time in history, so in no particular order here are some ‘hot takes’ on the ‘resistance’ op-ed:

• This is a 3 ring shit show – A complete failure of leadership.  We are living through a nearly singular, and dangerous, moment in history.
  • There is nothing we didn’t already know in the op-ed.  Who could have possibly known that Crime Family Don is an ‘unfit,’ ‘unstable,’ ‘amoral’ leader?  He’s hidden it so well.
  • If you have someone unfit to be President, there’s a remedy: The 25th Amendment.  Instead we have something worse:  An administrative ‘soft coup by undemocratic means.’  (note: ‘coup’ usually implies violence…let’s pray not… can we call it a ’soft coup by undemocratic means?' I'm open to suggestions.).
  • The virtue of the 25th is it keeps everything in the open: An unfit president is evaluated, cabinet and congress take responsibility, everyone is evaluated on their public actions.  This is vastly superior to some secret ‘soft coup by undemocratic means.’
  • What we have now is a two tier government.  Trump tweeting and ranting and his staff executing separate policy.  This undermines democratic legitimacy and ability of other countries to trust USA just as much as actually executing Trumps policies (notable military exceptions acknowledged here).
  • The op-ed reads like an attempt to take out an insurance policy for the GOP and conservatism in general if and when things get much worse – A very public hedge meant to preserve the GOP’s entire political and governing class.
  • We have other remedies beyond the 25th.  Staff could quit and go public. Congress could investigate. I have to wonder about the character and judgement of a person who anonymously proclaims (s)he and colleages are a substitute for the 25th “steer(ing) the administration in the right direction until -- one way or another -- it’s over.” 
  • Without knowing which the self proclaimed ‘adults in the room’ are accountable for administration policy, how are we to assess the bona fides of any action or policy?  
  • The op-ed will enhance the credibility of ‘deep state’ conspiracy theories.  The obviousness of this consequence makes me question the real agenda – Not claiming to know what the agenda is – Could be bad judgement, a pro-Trump false flag, or someone angling to be the next John Dean.  Who the hell knows in Trumpworld?
  • Tweeting “Treason?” only underscores the anonymous author’s point about Trump being unqualified for the job.
  • Did I mention this is a 3 ring shit show – Complete failure of leadership?

Completely reserve the right to change my mind as new information comes to light and we have more time to think about what’s going on.

Feel free to carry on overthinking everything on our behalf. 

I’ll choose to remain unclenched and enjoying the show...fully confident that on 1/21/21 the trusty republic will still be standing. 😁