Best 0-4 team in America?

PrepGridiron

Next week Naperville Central IL. visits the Shamrocks. Naperville Central won their first game of the season tonight over rival Naperville North ...35-7 to go 1-2 on the year. They lost their opener to Hinsdale Central...35-34 and then lost last week to defending State champion Lincoln--Way East 38-19. I wonder what the Rock`s mindset is and will be ? Have they ever started 0-4 let alone lost 4 games in a single season ? Is NC going into a hornet`s nest or facing a team that is discouraged and down ? I`m going with Hornet`s nest. Too much pride , talent and Legacy in Trinity. This will be a very intense game. Trinity will win their first game 24-21.

I predicted that Barrington would win by 27-24.  Brother Rice is good...they have already surpassed their win total from last year`s 2-7 record. But Loyola is the top dog. I see them pounding MT.Carmel tomorrow by 4 or more Td`s. Maybe 35-7. Bones must be grinning ...His beloved ..Bolingbrook demolished 2-0 Sandburg..54-0.

Abbatt,

Not to dance around your question but it really will depend on which NC team shows up. They are every bit as good as Trinity but of all your teams, they are imo the most bi-polar. ( like in 13 when they had an ordinary 3 loss season and then win state ). This year they should not have lost to HC but they did!

I favor Trinity in this game mostly because it is at Trinity and with good teams, the law of averages inevitably come into play but .... and this is a big but .... if Thorne does his thing, they will win. 

Gospeeder,

Went to sleep right after I posted !!!

Naperville Central QB Payton Thorne...a Western Michigan commit was 16-21 for 286 yds. and 4 td`s last night in the 35-7 win over Naperville North.He has a big OF line....6`2..290....6`3..275.....8`8..245.....6`3..270....6`1...255.  and big ,fast receivers. How good is Trinity`s pass rush and pass coverage ? It`s true about NC being a little schizo......They lost early leads in both of their losses. They had LWE down 13-3 early in the 2nd QT before East took over and out-scored them 35-6 for the rest of the game. It`s going to depend on the weather as well. It will be fun.

8 hours ago, abbatt said:

Next week Naperville Central IL. visits the Shamrocks. Naperville Central won their first game of the season tonight over rival Naperville North ...35-7 to go 1-2 on the year. They lost their opener to Hinsdale Central...35-34 and then lost last week to defending State champion Lincoln--Way East 38-19. I wonder what the Rock`s mindset is and will be ? Have they ever started 0-4 let alone lost 4 games in a single season ? Is NC going into a hornet`s nest or facing a team that is discouraged and down ? I`m going with Hornet`s nest. Too much pride , talent and Legacy in Trinity. This will be a very intense game. Trinity will win their first game 24-21.

Trinity went 0-4 in 2004 and ended up winning state still lol.

47 minutes ago, abbatt said:

RedZone,

I absolutely agree. They are very athletic , big really good speed ,very well-coached..they should be getting far more consideration. probably best in KY by far and definitely should be Nat.ranked 50-65.

Male dominated.

Held Trinity to 6 first downs and 125 yds of total offense.

I believe Male has given up 6 points in 4 games....

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, abbatt said:

RedZone,

I absolutely agree. They are very athletic , big really good speed ,very well-coached..they should be getting far more consideration. probably best in KY by far and definitely should be Nat.ranked 50-65.

Louisville Trinity is just average this season.  Their defense isn't good flat out.  Their defensive end is as good as it gets but they aren't solid after him.  Their backers are ok.  Scott County knocked off Moeller last night running for close to 300 yards.  Scott County, Louisville Male and Covington Catholic are the cream in Kentucky right now.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3