Best 0-4 team in America?

PrepGridiron

10 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

Actually Villa Park is slowly building a very respectable program. Several seasons ago they could not touch Servite and were fodder for MD. They have since worked the program up and I applaud them for not backing away from MD, OLU etc. Last week they dropped a relatively close game to Mission Viejo and played them tough. I expected them to handle Servite which they did rather easily. They are now to the point that where they would be competitive in the Mission League and are worth watching.

The irony for Servite is that Villa Park Head Coach is a friend of mine, and the son of the Great St. Paul coach from back in the days when St. Paul would crush Servite on an annual basis

10 minutes ago, abbatt said:

Trinity had a 14-0 lead on Moeller and were trailing 21-14 when the game was called. Male was up 10-0 after the first...after that it was fairly even. Trinity was in those games....NC completely shut down Trinity`s OF and did what ever they wanted to on OF. Trinity was out-played at every level. Time to move on.

Male allowed 125 yards of offense.  They were never in danger of losing.  Naperville led 10 to 0 at half and 17 to 0 going into the 4th.  Don't make it out to be like they were up 30 at half.  

Never said or implied that. Going into the 4th QT Naperville had 411 yds. and Trinity had 83 yds. That`s not total domination???? Trinity scored 41 points on Warren Central...21 on Carmel....14 on Moeller ...I acknowledge that Male is very good...but NC beat Trinity convincingly on the road...and that game was really more like 45-7. Trinity scored on the last play of the game and their 2nd TD was against NC`s 2nd team.NC had a TD run called back as well. You can try to spin it any way that you want...it still comes out as a whipping of a defending State champ two weeks after NC got drilled by the Defending IL state champ ..LWE who is still without their starting Power 5 RB.

21 minutes ago, abbatt said:

Never said or implied that. Going into the 4th QT Naperville had 411 yds. and Trinity had 83 yds. That`s not total domination???? Trinity scored 41 points on Warren Central...21 on Carmel....14 on Moeller ...I acknowledge that Male is very good...but NC beat Trinity convincingly on the road...and that game was really more like 45-7. Trinity scored on the last play of the game and their 2nd TD was against NC`s 2nd team.NC had a TD run called back as well. You can try to spin it any way that you want...it still comes out as a whipping of a defending State champ two weeks after NC got drilled by the Defending IL state champ ..LWE who is still without their starting Power 5 RB.

And it's my understanding that Trinity is playing their 3rd and 4th team RBs because of injuries.  The team that played Warren Central is not the same team that played NC.  Injuries happen especially playing the kind of schedule that the power teams in my area play.  You trying to make all these OOS Illinois games look like more than what they are.  First you called Trotwood a top 10 Ohio squad and now this.  Naperville got a very good OOS win.  Let that be the end of it.  LWE beating them without whoever means what?

And Naperville Central played without a starting OL and LB. And Trotwood Madison is rated 15th in Ohio by CalPreps. Some of you posters can`t accept that Illinois plays a pretty good level of football. It`s always you`er team that has bad luck or significant injuries...but never that the Illinois team just played well and won. My point is that NC played 2 defending State champs with-in a 3 week period. They got blasted by the defending IL champ...LWE 38-19 and then 2 weeks later pound the defending KY State champ on their home field. It`s a point with some meaning to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abbatt said:

And Naperville Central played without a starting OL and LB. And Trotwood Madison is rated 15th in Ohio by CalPreps. Some of you posters can`t accept that Illinois plays a pretty good level of football. It`s always you`er team that has bad luck or significant injuries...but never that the Illinois team just played well and won. My point is that NC played 2 defending State champs with-in a 3 week period. They got blasted by the defending IL champ...LWE 38-19 and then 2 weeks later pound the defending KY State champ on their home field. It`s a point with some meaning to it.

OK now I see what your agenda is.  First, Kentucky football is not Ohio football.  Second, Trotwood is not even a top 15 team in SouthWest Ohio, let alone all of Ohio.  3rd, you will never see any Ohio poster or Kentucky poster refer to CalPreps.  Ever!!!

4th, whoever said anything about Illinois playing bad football?  Who are these posters you are referring to?  5th, there haven't been a whole lot of great OOS match ups involving Illinois for anyone on here to really talk about.  

On 9/15/2018 at 12:37 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

Yep.  Remind me a lot of 2014 Servite.

Very good, but just played teams that were a shade better.

We can call BG the "new Servite".

I think that @Antt, @Las Vegas_JC, and @Gridiron Godfather would take that as a compliment, if they ever decide to visit the boards again.

Not sure about the Servite comparison ;)  But yeah, it’s a bit of a compliment. We have our 1st bye week in I can’t remember how long at the perfect time. Heal up & start our march to our 10th straight state championship. “Decade of Dominance”

• Haha 1

On 9/15/2018 at 10:33 PM, Gospeeder said:

Actually Villa Park is slowly building a very respectable program. Several seasons ago they could not touch Servite and were fodder for MD. They have since worked the program up and I applaud them for not backing away from MD, OLU etc. Last week they dropped a relatively close game to Mission Viejo and played them tough. I expected them to handle Servite which they did rather easily. They are now to the point that where they would be competitive in the Mission League and are worth watching.

Zion is a really good player. Great mid summer addition. 

• Thanks 1