OT: HS track

golfaddict1

In Texas you can only enter 3 kids in any individual event starting at district.

All three kids from Desoto advanced to the area in the 400m

at the area meet those 3 kids ran the following times

all three are Jrs this year

they have couple other kids that can go in this race.

i going to predict that they run sum 3:11.00 at the state meet this year.  If they don’t drop the baton prior

1 hour ago, WpialHSFB said:

Interesting kid from PA that ran a 10.34 100m at an event in Cali.  I'd assume he is he is Mennonite based on his school (Dock Mennonite Academy).

Weather still not great in Pennsylvania, so it will be interesting to see if his time improves as the weather warms.   

Very impressed 

In ( ) the Calpreps national rating from 2017  

Cali's 4x100 best so far... one power under 42  ticks

1.  Rancho Verde   (362)  41.49

2.  Clovis North  (4470)   41.54

3.  Murrieta Mesa  (765)  41.58

4.  Great Oak  (1418)         41.71   

5.  St. John Bosco              41.75

Other football powers 

DLS  42.35   

MV   42.41   

---------------------------------------------------------------

A few decent teams who just need more speed to get that national football name brand out there.  :)   

Corona Centennial       42.92    

Mater Dei                       43.05    (On double top secret probation, a source told me IMG won't travel unless they break 43) :) 

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Other football powers 

DLS  42.35   

MV   42.41   

A few decent teams who just need more speed to get that national football name brand out there.  :)   

Mater Dei                       43.05    (On double top secret probation, a source told me IMG won't travel unless they break 43) :D

5.  St. John Bosco              41.75

DLS  42.35    

MV   42.41

CC   42.92

Mater Dei  43.05

I thought - you really knew where I was coming from.  Did I say that you had to be elite 4x100 to be good at football.

track depth is good indicator of football depth per state.  Not including events over 800m 

42.35 by DLS is respectable time

DLS also has the 13th fastest time in Cal in 4x400

16th best 4x100 - they have also posted 1:29 4x200

they have respectable times and results in other events 

MD is total joke - why shouldn’t they have good football team they load up on the best players that other programs have developed.  They don’t build a program they recruit the program  - if they only relied on players that they developed from the early years they would be just another team.  Coaches outside of the few other private schools in Cali will tell you the same thing.

Other football powers 

DLS  42.35   

MV   42.41   

Mater Dei                       43.05    (On double top secret probation, a source told me IMG won't travel unless they break 43) :D

5.  St. John Bosco              41.75

DLS  42.35    

MV   42.41

CC   42.92

Mater Dei  43.05

Also - all of this IMO is just more proof that without loaded recruited up football teams like MD - California has fell way back.

4 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Other football powers 

DLS  42.35   

MV   42.41   

Mater Dei                       43.05    (On double top secret probation, a source told me IMG won't travel unless they break 43) :) 

Bro I know you were having fun but C..C and MD have elite HS 4x100 times. CC 42.92 = 4 kids running 10.73 100m.  Hell most States don't have 15 kids in their whole State doing that.  And MD 43.05 =4 kids running 10.76 100m. Translation outside of the Big 4 they are faster than most other States and would be among the top 4x100 teams in those States and are legit in the BIg 4.

16 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Bro I know you were having fun but C..C and MD have elite HS 4x100 times. CC 42.92 = 4 kids running 10.73 100m.  Hell most States don't have 15 kids in their whole State doing that.  And MD 43.05 =4 kids running 10.76 100m. Translation outside of the Big 4 they are faster than most other States and would be among the top 4x100 teams in those States and are legit in the BIg 4.

I'm not on board with 4x100 times defining a football team... never have and never will.    

NJ 2017  4x100 top 5 times 

1.  Franklin  41.49,  2.  Deptford Twp  41.55 ,  3.  Pennsauken  41.57,  4.  Salem  41.71  5.  Perth Amboy  41.92 

These 5 schools are not the "Murderers Row" of football 

SPP 42.27,  BC 43.47  (state's best football team) and other private schools like St. Joes and DBP didn't break 45 secs.   

PAM's football rating last year on Calpreps was 77th in state, respectable sure... but a 39.80 was tops in state.   They lost to a team who ran a 42.41 and a 42.79    They beat a team Nederland 12.7 who ran a respectable 42.44  this year.   Nederland was rated 100 in TX and 1000 in the country last year.  

I suppose you can state any HS under 43.50 is fast but this doesn't define a quality football team in any way imo.  The 5 fastest track relay squads in NJ last year suck in football.  Neptune was 6th, Rancocas Valley Regional was 7th, SPP 8th with 42.27,  East Brunswick and Blair Academy round out the top 10.  

1 football team in that top 10.  

20 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I'm not on board with 4x100 times defining a football team... never have and never will.    

1.  Franklin  41.49,  2.  Deptford Twp  41.55 ,  3.  Pennsauken  41.57,  4.  Salem  41.71  5.  Perth Amboy  41.92 

SPP 42.27,  BC 43.47  (state's best football team) and other private schools like St. Joes and DBP didn't break 45 secs.   

PAM's football rating last year on Calpreps was 77th in state, respectable sure... but a 39.80 was tops in state.   They lost to a team who ran a 42.41 and a 42.79    They beat a team Nederland 12.7 who ran a respectable 42.44  this year.   Nederland was rated 100 in TX and 1000 in the country last year.  

I suppose you can state any HS under 43.50 is fast but this doesn't define a quality football team in any way imo.  The 5 fastest track relay squads in NJ last year suck in football.  Neptune was 6th, Rancocas Valley Regional was 7th, SPP 8th with 42.27,  East Brunswick and Blair Academy round out the top 10.  

1 football team in that top 10.  

I agree. I only really focus on my State and Fl.  Those are the real big T&F states and a big crossover in players. I think it helps football players in their skill set. Its a big deal here. I would expect NJ to be 🐌.  😋 it's a blink of an eye from a team running 40.05 and s team running 42.5.  Both are very fast. 

8 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I suppose you can state any HS under 43.50 is fast but this doesn't define a quality football team in any way imo.  The 5 fastest track relay squads in NJ last year suck in football.  

I never stated that it was only about the 4x100 or any particular team.  I personally enjoy this event and like to track it nationally.

Private recruited up schools are hit and miss on this subject.  Mostly because those schools do not have to develop athletes - They recruit them.  There is a difference.

Track and Field is easily the best indicator of athletic ability for football.  It has been proven over long period of time that "Track and Field" is the most popular 2nd sport for all football players.  

I have always stated that it is about track depth and includes all events - except long distance 

State Track depth and State football depth go hand and hand.  

States without solid track depth with not have great football depth - This is my # 1 stance. does not mean that NJ is not going to have some good football or that other states are not going to have some good teams at the top.

There is a reason that nationally football recruiters have been looking at track results.  I am in position to talk to these people.  Now that trackingfootball has been developed it has made that process easier for them.

Why would Clemson football pay for this service at trackingfootball?  They want to compare athletes using the only true standardized verified results we truly have.  Track and Field covers the entire nation and results, athletes can be compared over long period of time. 

Georgia is a good example 

Georgia - has had explosion of football players over the last decade and even longer.  Now they show IMO better track results than CA especially in speed events.  End result - last year they sent more HS players into D-1 football than did CA ---This is California with a population way greater than Georgia.  -side note when you add in Juco transfers CA is still little ahead of Georgia.  It's a small gap! When considering the population.

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Absolutely the BEST post in this madness.

Anyways, 4* Kentwood WR Trey Palmer clocked a 10.5 100 Meters at district to take the state lead. Kentwood is one of our 1A football powers though and put out some great players.

Palmer has offers from: LSU, Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Florida St, Florida and etc....

https://247sports.com/Player/Trey-Palmer-93983

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Absolutely the BEST post in this madness.

Anyways, 4* Kentwood WR Trey Palmer clocked a 10.5 100 Meters at district to take the state lead. Kentwood is one of our 1A football powers though and put out some great players.

Palmer has offers from: LSU, Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Florida St, Florida and etc....

https://247sports.com/Player/Trey-Palmer-93983

Nobody - ever said what you are implying 

not shocking that the fast dude with verified speed is so highly recruited.  

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

I never stated that it was only about the 4x100 or any particular team.  I personally enjoy this event and like to track it nationally.

You spend a lot of time diluting this thread with TX 4x100 and 4x400 top lists.   I just like track and focus on elite times and individual accolades.   

Private recruited up schools are hit and miss on this subject.  Mostly because those schools do not have to develop athletes - They recruit them.  There is a difference.

What does this have to do with track speed times?

Track and Field is easily the best indicator of athletic ability for football.  It has been proven over long period of time that "Track and Field" is the most popular 2nd sport for all football players.  

It has been proven that athletes tend to be fast and strong and achieve success in athletic movement events

I have always stated that it is about track depth and includes all events - except long distance 

I have always stated this is nonsense.    7 on 7 is not real football.   Pro style QB the OL and a good sized TE are not running sprint events, nor are the majority of the front 7 most likely (maybe some tweener OLB's or small LB's).   

State Track depth and State football depth go hand and hand.  

If football was made up of 11 positions of straight line speed with no physical contact and have no use for passing, blocking or tackling and coaching impact with X's and O's game planning... sure, I'll agree.  

States without solid track depth with not have great football depth - This is my # 1 stance. does not mean that NJ is not going to have some good football or that other states are not going to have some good teams at the top.

NJ simply has less athletes overall than TX.   Also, it sure doesn't hurt times when states like TX, FL, CA and AZ have multiple meets with temps in the 70's on up and at some fine facilities. Those 5 stellar sub 42 times by NJ above were not run first meet in March or April last year.   I doubt some states will reach 70+ fahrenheit in multiple event tries and in those few tries who knows, the wind might not be your friend for example in some events.    

Just like a team winning a 7 on 7 competition, but sucking in the season... football is football (11 on 11 with 3 phases of the game).   Track is not football.   It''s only resistance is wind.   

I'll leave you with one of my fav comments in cinema, lol.  

Image result for brick don't hit back gif

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

There is a reason that nationally football recruiters have been looking at track results.  I am in position to talk to these people.  Now that trackingfootball has been developed it has made that process easier for them.

Why would Clemson football pay for this service at trackingfootball?  They want to compare athletes using the only true standardized verified results we truly have.  Track and Field covers the entire nation and results, athletes can be compared over long period of time. 

Georgia is a good example 

Georgia - has had explosion of football players over the last decade and even longer.  Now they show IMO better track results than CA especially in speed events.  End result - last year they sent more HS players into D-1 football than did CA ---This is California with a population way greater than Georgia.  -side note when you add in Juco transfers CA is still little ahead of Georgia.  It's a small gap! When considering the population.

Georgia has always been good in football.  Population change and more FBS schools in GA now have made an impact in the last decade in regards to FBS recruit increases.  

The 40 yard dash is the pinnacle of "track speed" testing in pro combines.   They also run a short shuttle acceleration test.   There are no 110 meter hurdle tests nor 100 meter dashes or a relay turn holding a baton test.... standing broad jump yes (explosive event), long jump no.    Vertical jump yes (explosive event) not the running high jump.   

Football is based on quick and explosive movement from the OL to the WR burner and the longest test for a football player's speed is 40 yards (and for GM's and HC's the 10 and 20 times are looked at just as much).   Nobody cares about the 80 yard time.  

49 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Dude, you have 1000 posts in this thread saying otherwise including just crapping on CA's 4x100.

Sheesh.

I have broke down more events than just the relays.  California still has some freak athletes - The depth in track and field has dropped over the years and so has their D1 Scholarships in football.

Tell me why - Clemson Football - Pays for Tracking Football recruiting service???  I will tell you why - There is a proven madness to all this over time...Successful football players moving from HS to College - then to the pro's have long history of verified results in HS track and field.  

By the way this not just Texas and Florida thing either - If you start following trackingfootball on twitter - You will see HS coaches, college, and even NFL people talking about this very subject from all over the nation.  Yes - You got to have good film.  However, they also need reliable verified standardized results to complete the recruiting process -  Track and Field provides this more than anything else.  

Another point - Small school football in any state - many times it does not take that 10.5 kid you spoke of earlier to dominate.  Do you honestly believe that kid got 4 stars based only on how he has played against lower level competition.  hell f'ing nope - Word also got around that this kid was a true burner - Verified by standardize FAT track results - Recruiters not worried about coach making him look faster than he really is.  

Nothing is 100%

Hell- some of the nasty dudes I played against and with in HS - did nothing but rodeo and haul hay/Physical work besides playing football.  

Again for everyone - It's not about anyone event - It's about Track and Field 

Track is not football.  Play Rugby.    Comment from a former college WR (now aerospace engineer) would make a nice bumper sticker or forum signature :)   

http://www.rugbyfl.com/Referees/Referee.asp?Referee_ID=67&Season_ID=9

What is you background as a rugby player?

— Playing since 1997, my home club being the Bay Area Rugby Club in Houston, TX.

Do you remember your first game as a referee? How did it go? Any funny or special memory?

—My first match was just dreadful under the circumstances. It was a youth tournament at The Woodlands in Texas. Unfortunately it was the same day as the loss of the Space Shuttle Columbia. I had gone to the tournament straight from work. Not a good day at all.

Georgia has always been good in football.  Population change and more FBS schools in GA now have made an impact in the last decade in regards to FBS recruit increases.  

The 40 yard dash is the pinnacle of "track speed" testing in pro combines.   They also run a short shuttle acceleration test.   There are no 110 meter hurdle tests nor 100 meter dashes or a relay turn holding a baton test.... standing broad jump yes (explosive event), long jump no.    Vertical jump yes (explosive event) not the running high jump.   

Football is based on quick and explosive movement from the OL to the WR burner and the longest test for a football player's speed is 40 yards (and for GM's and HC's the 10 and 20 times are looked at just as much).   Nobody cares about the 80 yard time.  

HS players going to college is different animal - they don’t have nfl combine for the thousands of hS players

you just are not keeping up with modern times.  You are stuck in mind set that is going backwards.

The only problem recruiters have when seeing 40 times thrown around is are they true.  No standardized testing for hS kids.  They can look at track events and determine the kid has fast 40 

not all hS kids are tested like what you wrote about.  

Again - Why are so many college recruiters looking at track results?

Why would Clemson and others pay for the service of tracking football.  They know 40 times typically are not true as advertised especially coming from the HS level.

I tell it like it is...You guys that are not seeing the correlation are just being hard headed.

Jesus - we all understand that track is not football.  It is for the 100th time a indicator of athletic ability.

For HS kids nationally it is the most standardized units of measures -  They can compare results over time past players to current players.