OT: HS track

golfaddict1

DD, 

I’ll start a thread w regionals and there we can focus just on times. 

I’m finishing up a list without the small schools (1A).  Just using 2A thru 4A 

2 heats of usually 8, but i did see at least one 14 (7 and 7 prelims vs 8 and 8).  So basically 2 prelims and top 7 or 8 met in the finals.  I used best prelim or final with these two standards simply to reduce the numbers and reflect elite.  

I’ve set the 100 at 10.70 or faster and the 4x100 at 42.25 or faster.  

I should probably do 110m hurdles too.  I’ll set that bar at 14.40 and see how that looks and that should cover the football/track burners mainly and then my next step :)  Star rating the recruits (I’ve got all the relay participants names).  

Should be fun seeing some top recruits and who knows, maybe we’ll find a football player name that’s ready to break out on the gridiron and we’ll see the times here :).   

Up to you or the other track guys to add other events or superb times or distances or heights as well from the respective states.  Let’s keep that thread strictly Performance based  discussion only OK?  

• Like 1

Desoto boys showing out as well. They have won all Relays so far against some serious speed. Both boys and girls. Just off their own meet record. Could break it in finals 2morrow

Delta Timing Group - Contractor License                  4/27/2018 - 6:17 PM
                           2018 UTA UIL Regionals                            
                          5A-Region 2 & 6A-Region 1                          
                 Maverick Stadium   - 4/27/2018 to 4/28/2018                 

Event 612  Boys 4x200 Meter Relay 6A
8 Advance:  Top 2 Each Heat plus Next 4 Best Times
===================================================================          
        Meet: * 1:24.24  2014        , DeSoto                                
    School                                              Prelims  H#          
===================================================================          
Preliminaries                                                                
  1 De Soto                                             1:24.71Q  1          
     1) #473 Johnson, Patrick 11        2) #469 Harrison, Kennedy 11         
     3) #474 McGraw, Deonte 11          4) #478 Smith, Donovan 11            
  2 Cedar Hill                                          1:25.62Q  2          
     1) #447 Jackson, Jaelon 12         2) #444 Fleming, Cameron 12          
     3) #443 Fleeks, Josh 12            4) #440 Bright, Quinshone 10         
  3 Plano East                                          1:26.24Q  2          
     1) #682 Allison, Josh 11           2) #687 Owens, Tyler 11              
     3) #683 Bradley, Travone 12        4) #685 Jones, Trey 10               
  4 Amarillo Tascosa                                    1:27.07Q  1          
     1) #370 Jackson, Kendrick 11       2) #376 Torres Lopez, Josue 11       
     3) #365 Beavers, Kiennan 12        4) #377 White, Brandon 11            
  5 Ft Worth Paschal                                    1:26.39q  2          
     1) #520 Nunn, Zachary 11           2) #522 Sholars II, Gregory 12       
     3) #518 Fell, Christian 11         4) #523 Watts, Nicholas 12           
  6 Killeen Ellison                                     1:26.94q  2          
     1) #568 Lemon, Jaelon 12           2) #575 Spiller, Breezion 10         
     3) #569 Mckinley, Rian 11          4) #571 Paris, Amir 09               
  7 Arlington Houston                                   1:27.12q  1          
     1) #400 Coffield, Raylin 10        2) #403 Ojeda, Angel 11              
     3) #405 Thomas, Roddrick 12        4) #401 Garza, Juan 09               
  8 North Crowley                                       1:27.49q  2          
     1) #647 Fisher, Ryan 11            2) #653 Taylor, Jalal 12             
     3) #650 Leake, Caleb 11            4) #652 Taylor, Chris 10             
  9 Lewisville Marcus                                   1:28.39   2          
     1) #603 Covin, Blake 12            2) #610 Westenkirchner, Leon 12      
     3) #609 Sutherland, Jett 12        4) #601 Cantu, Caleb 12              
 10 Pebble Hills                                        1:28.46   1          
     1) #673 Davis, Isaiah 10           2) #679 Williams, Jamari 10          
     3) #677 Seabrook, Cameron 12       4) #674 Gerber, Caleb 11             
 11 Belton                                              1:28.49   1 1:28.481 
     1) #431 Blondmonville, Dean 10     2) #433 Fairbanks, Anthony 11        
     3) #436 O'Banon, Kyle 12           4) #437 Raper, Devyn 11              
 12 Americas                                            1:28.49   2 1:28.490 
     1) #383 Henderson, Tremaine 12     2) #382 Ferguson, Cameron 11         
     3) #379 Acosta, Ryan 10            4) #384 Hinojos, Julian 11           
 13 Northwest Nelson                                    1:29.41   1          
     1) #661 Parish, Jordan 12          2) #657 Joiner, Jayden 12            
     3) #664 Wiggins, Calvin 11         4) #658 Moya, Dylan 12               
 14 Allen                                               1:31.83   1          
     1) #353 Brown, Jeramey 12          2) #358 McGhee, Zayteak              
     3) #355 Jackson, Dakota 10         4) #359 Norman, Matthew 10           
 15 Arlington Lamar                                     1:32.13   1          
     1) #406 Brooks, Caleb 12           2) #420 West, Trevon 10              
     3) #410 Gaddie, Deshawn 11         4) #408 Crenshaw, Elijah 10          
 16 El Paso Franklin                                    1:33.04   2          
     1) #500 Bustillos, Ethan           2) #505 Tharp, Ian 11                
     3) #504 Pete, Mitchell 12

5A boys 200m

Kid from Lancaster drops 21.29.

6A Boys 200m

Speed here is ridiculous 6A kid name Paris in HT#1 just ran a 21.14. Fastest HS 200m I have ever seen live. 

Heat#2 Harrison Desoto drops 21.19. Forget my last sentence this was the 2 fastest 200 meters I've ever seen live

4x400 left. Desoto could run 3:10:30 if they go all out.  

Not trying to get into the fray on the debate of whether track and field makes any difference on the football field... Just pointing out a Packer Point Of Pride.

Jay Ward #4 whom I have dubbed Spider Man due to his uncanny ability to change directions in mid air...

http://www.hudl.com/v/283yRQ

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jay-Ward-115536/RecruitInterests

Any way, word on the street is... He may well win the High Jump in his first season participating in track and field. I have heard the coach mentioning track at times as well. Not sure what kind of weight he is putting on it, but, it is a topic of interest to the football coaches. 

http://www.moultrieobserver.com/sports/local_sports/packers-jay-ward-likes-chances-of-winning-state-in-high/article_054039d6-4756-11e8-9b83-335231bf0c11.html

I guess it's a no brainer that a top 100 cover corner in the country should be able to jump. Maybe this is a case of football athleticism transferring over to the high jump, rather than the other way around. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

DD, 

I’ll start a thread w regionals and there we can focus just on times. 

I’m finishing up a list without the small schools (1A).  Just using 2A thru 4A 

2 heats of usually 8, but i did see at least one 14 (7 and 7 prelims vs 8 and 8).  So basically 2 prelims and top 7 or 8 met in the finals.  I used best prelim or final with these two standards simply to reduce the numbers and reflect elite.  

I’ve set the 100 at 10.70 or faster and the 4x100 at 42.25 or faster.  

I should probably do 110m hurdles too.  I’ll set that bar at 14.40 and see how that looks and that should cover the football/track burners mainly and then my next step :)  Star rating the recruits (I’ve got all the relay participants names).  

Should be fun seeing some top recruits and who knows, maybe we’ll find a football player name that’s ready to break out on the gridiron and we’ll see the times here :).   

Up to you or the other track guys to add other events or superb times or distances or heights as well from the respective states.  Let’s keep that thread strictly Performance based  discussion only OK?  

I'm good with that.  Our regional Finals are tomorrow.  Sorry was on my Phone at the Stadium and didn't see your post.  Our Regional Finals are tomorrow and I will post on there.  Good job by the way and man FL 100m kids are smoking.  I will tell you this Texas Kids have some of the best stick game in HS.  Desoto 4x400 I love the way the kids are trained to run.  They hit the 1st curve and lay back on the back stretch all the way to middle of the 2nd curve and just flat out smoke the last 150. That is a damn factory of speed

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I'm good with that.  Our regional Finals are tomorrow.  Sorry was on my Phone at the Stadium and didn't see your post.  Our Regional Finals are tomorrow and I will post on there.  Good job by the way and man FL 100m kids are smoking.  I will tell you this Texas Kids have some of the best stick game in HS.  Desoto 4x400 I love the way the kids are trained to run.  They hit the 1st curve and lay back on the back stretch all the way to middle of the 2nd curve and just flat out smoke the last 150. That is a damn factory of speed

I'd be interested to see what they do for training. I bet they are killing it to have that much speed and speed endurance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, westbankeagle said:

I'd be interested to see what they do for training. I bet they are killing it to have that much speed and speed endurance.

The Girls especially it looks like they are giving up the lead and then they just explode away.  Both boys and girls.  The finals around the State will be smoking great weather very little wind. Some fast kids will be left home only top 2 in each region goes to State. Many low 41.00s and 10.60s left behind. 

Penn Relays HS Boys 4x100.  DeMatha ran 6th for a U.S. HS.  Still would love to see FL and TX top teams and see what they would run against these Jamaican kids  They damn sure can compete with them. 

They have about 5 super elite 4X100 Teams and review the following Posts in the other Relays and you will see they are no better than FL. and TX.  

Results

PL School/Affiliation Mark Athletes ID  
1 Calabar  (Kingston, JAM) 39.51 Rosean Young, Christopher Wilson, Tyreke Wilson, Dejour Russell AB  
2 Kingston College  (East Kingston, JAM) 40.13 Yashaun Hamilton, Roshaun Rowe, Jhevaughn Matherson, Dashawn Morris AA  
3 Jamaica College  (Kingston, JAM) 40.47 Chislon Gordon, Rahiem Robertson, Michali Everett, Malik Shepherd AC  
4 Papine  (Kingston, JAM) 40.86 D'Mitre Wilson, Lance Muir, Maurice Thompson, Chad Jones AF  
5 St. Jago  (St. Catherine, JAM) 40.88 Daniels Chambers, Bryan Smith, Javari Thomas, Kavian Kerr AH  
6 DeMatha Catholic  (Hyattsville, MD) 41.36 Damon Green, Brendon Stewart, Nick Cross, Naim Muhammad AE  
7 St. Augustine’s  (Nassau, BAH) 41.41 Lowell Bethel, Joel Johnson, Raymond Oriaki, Adrian Curry AI  
  Ruseas  (Lucea, Hanover, JAM) DNF Daniel Irving, Jevaughn Whyte, Davian Clarke, Rahiem Scott AD  
  St. Elizabeth Tech  (Santa Cruz, JAM) DNF Micheal Buchanan, Conroy Jones, Dashinelle Dyer, Tyrone Barnes AG  

High School Girls' 4x100 Championship of America

Event 346Friday 2:27 PM
Presented by Grace Foods
Records
NR Long Beach Poly (Calif.) 44.50 2004 Shana Solomon, Jasmine Lee, Chanda Picott, Shalonda Solomon
PR Edwin Allen (Clarendon, Jamaica) 43.96 2017 Kasheika Cameron (12.18), Kevona Davis (10.47), Shellece Clark (10.69), Patrice Moody (10.62)

Results

1 Edwin Allen  (Clarendon, JAM) 44.79 Peter-Gay McKenzie, Kevona Davis, Fredricka McKenzie, Kasheika Cameron AA  
2 Holmwood Tech  (Christiana, JAM) 45.05 Kelliesha King, Kadeja Campbell, Michae Harriott, Shanette Allison AC  
3 Hydel  (St. Catherine, JAM) 45.38 Yanique Dayle, Ashanti Moore, Ray-Donna Lee, Gabrelle Matthews AD  
4 Western Branch  (Chesapeake, VA) 45.46 Jazmine Tilman, Shadajah Ballard, Jessica Tucker, Na'Taja Ballard AB  
5 St. Jago  (St. Catherine, JAM) 46.07 Bridgette Campbell, Thennelle Williams, Shalysa Wray, Crystal Morrison AF  
6 St. Catherine  (St. Catherine, JAM) 46.22 Abigail McLeod, Shakiera Bowra, Annakay Maitland, Julien Alfred AI  
7 St. Augustine’s  (Nassau, BAH) 46.64 Jaida Knowles, Anthaya Charlton, Lakelle Kinteh, Doneisha Anderson AG  
8 Petersfield  (Westmoreland, JAM) 46.81 Ockera Myrie, Shaquena Foote, Kimoya Kelly, Hisheeno Stewart AH  
9 Bullis School  (Potomac, MD) 47.69 Masai Russell, Ashley Seymour, Sierra Leonard, Leah Phillips AE

Other HS Relays from the Penn Relays

Fastest Teams in the N.E

High School Boys' 4x100 Northeast

Records
ER - - - First Time Contested

Results

1 Uniondale  (Uniondale, NY) 41.59 Malik Barrett, Giordano Williams, Tyler Edmeade, Christopher Borzor CB  
2 Harry S Truman  (Levittown, PA) 41.59 James Koliyah, Sayyid Saunders, Badr Fask, Jeshran Gayle CC  
3 Cardinal Hayes  (Bronx, NY) 41.76 Jose Franco , Lucas Nunez, Sanjay Perilall, Elijah Jones CD  
4 Wilson  (West Lawn, PA) 42.18 Trevor Thenga, Alex Cluff, Trey McGarrah, Angel Martinez CH  
5 Coatesville  (Coatesville, PA) 42.40 Roland Miles, Eric Kirk, Dymere Miller, Artie Burgess CE  
6 St. Peter's Prep  (Jersey City, NJ) 42.77 Richie Luzzi-Liggins, Gus Nations IV, Mason Holland, Markus Bagley CG  
7 WWP North  (Plainsboro, NJ) 43.11 Julian Zhang, George Battle IV, Tirtho Banerjee, Dede Smith CI  
  Paramus Catholic  (Paramus, NJ) DNF Jahsim Brooks, Jarret Millien, Brandon Hospie, Christian Abraham CF  

High School Boys' 4x100 National

ER---First Time Contested

This race will feature the nine fastest U.S. teams — outside of the Northeast — which did not qualify for the Championship of America race.

Results

1 L.C. Bird  (Chesterfield, VA) 41.92 Jaden Payoute , Jemourri La-Pierre, Lamar Davis, Jevon La-Pierre DC  
2 Calvert Hall College  (Baltimore, MD) 41.93 Isaiah Watson, Sean Tucker, Brayden Morris, Chris Lewis DE  
3 Hayfield  (Alexandria, VA) 42.03 Kylan Booker, Christopher Joseph, Andre Fields, Emmanuel Carpenter DF  
4 Western Branch  (Chesapeake, VA) 42.05 Jalen Hinton, Darian Perkerson , Alfrandre Page II, Roland Evans DA  
5 St. Stephen's & St. Agnes  (Alexandria, VA) 42.14 Malcolm Johnson, Curtis Borden, Christian Borden, Jordan Walker DB  
6 Potomac Senior  (Dumfries, VA) 42.38 Bryan Ahouman, Rawle Brebnor, Anthony Cole, Dashon Reeves DD  
7 Liberty Christian  (Lynchburg, VA) 42.67 Eddie Ogle, Bryson Hunter, Nate Kirk, Eddie Muse DG  
8 Paint Branch  (Burtonsville, MD) 42.93 Yasin Mohammed, Chukwumoi Osuji, Solomon Lucas Thorton, Justin Page DI  
9 Largo  (Largo, MD) 43.09 Stephen Akinjide, Aharon Luster, Jayden Evans, Aaron Hackett DH

High School Boys' 4x100 International

Event 464Saturday 1:50 PM
Records
ER - - - First Time Contested

This race will feature the nine fastest international teams which did not qualify for the Championship of America race.

OFFICIAL Qualifiers as of 2:08pm (Originally (posted 1:08pm)

Results

1 Wolmer's Boys  (Kingston, JAM) 41.06 Daniel Bogle, Thiea Shea, Xavier Nairne, Bradley Spencer BA  
2 Christ Church  (Christ Church, BAR) 41.82 Laquon Trotman, Josiah Atkins, Jean Pierre-Hinds, Jameel Walkes-Miller BB  
3 Queen's Royal Coll  (Port of Spain, TRI) 42.01 Shaquille John, Dominic Cole, Arista Small, Shakeem McKay BE  
4 Rhodes Hall  (Lucea, Hanover, JAM) 42.13 Dimeetri Irving, Radcliffe Burrell , Xawa Morgan, Maneesh Vassell BD  
5 St. Catherine  (St. Catherine, JAM) 42.63 Kirkland Morrison, Mickey Greenwood, Tyrique Pitterson, Krisano Christie BI  
6 Ardenne  (Kingston, JAM) 42.88 Dwayne Thompson, Julian Salmon, Curtis Henry, Ricardo White BG  
7 Bridgeport  (St. Catherine, JAM) 42.90 Khamal Tempral, Malik Smith, Junior Grant, Dejour Grant BH  
8 Herbert Morrison  (Montego Bay, JAM) 43.12 Tajdre Stevens, Samuel Smith, Mathew Dowe, Antonio Hanson BC

27 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Drake Relays on NBC Sports now.  

DD thx for the Penn Reays info.  Bullis girls 47+ yuck.   Expected them to do better.   

I saw USA went 1-2 in the 4x100.  

Me too.  But that VA School ran a very good time.  I watch Desoto run their Fastest time of the year yesterday and they were not pushed at all.  But the 5A girls had several in the low 46's  I just saw the coolest thing ever. A blind Brotha just ran a 23.16 in Drake Relays para 200m   Pretty amazing.  All 4 dudes are awesome. 

Not gonna make it out the Regional finals.  The lady is a little under the weather. Thanks for the Florida info.  I will update the Regional finals tonight for Texas.  The weather is perfect here and there will be some serious fast times in the State of Texas.   Man would be cool to chill with @westbankeagle @nptb17 @Texasball and yourself at  a Meet.  That would be pretty cool no doubt.  I appreciate all the info from you guys.  Just an amazing time yesterday.  Meeting kids from El Paso to Texarkana.  And watching DFW and Beast Texas smoke them West Texas Kids. 😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Me too.  But that VA School ran a very good time.  I watch Desoto run their Fastest time of the year yesterday and they were not pushed at all.  But the 5A girls had several in the low 46's  I just saw the coolest thing ever. A blind Brotha just ran a 23.16 in Drake Relays para 200m   Pretty amazing.  All 4 dudes are awesome. 

Not gonna make it out the Regional finals.  The lady is a little under the weather. Thanks for the Florida info.  I will update the Regional finals tonight for Texas.  The weather is perfect here and there will be some serious fast times in the State of Texas.   Man would be cool to chill with @westbankeagle @nptb17 @Texasball and yourself at  Meet.  That would be pretty cool no doubt.  I appreciate all the info from you guys.  Just an amazing time yesterday.  Meeting kids from El Paso to Texarkana. 

That was very cool seeing the 200 DD.  That spotter had some wheels and what a heart.  

Devon Allen took the 110m hurdles.  100 coming up now.  De Grasse and Rogers in this.    

5 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

That was very cool seeing the 200 DD.  That spotter had some wheels and what a heart.  

Devon Allen took the 110m hurdles.  100 coming up now.  De Grasse and Rogers in this.    

Yep that Spotter works with all 4 of them.  Man that guy running blind ran faster than I ever did in HS.  He ran a 23.16 my fastest time was a 23.3.  I text a friend yesterday at the Regional meet when one of the girls dropped a 23.6 in the 200m.  I said T&F is now sick that girl in HS is as fast as I was.  I got right down to the Track and seeing HS kids running 10.5's I don't think you can appreciate how fast these kids are unless you are a Track guy. And seeing back to back 200m heats with 21.1's.  Those were the fastest 200m I have seen live in HS.  those Boys were stepping.  Swartz is another level sprinter who should forego College and get paid. 

• Like 2