OT: HS track

golfaddict1

45 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Trinity Catholic (St Louis) 4x100

5* ATH

4* WR

3* RB

2* RB (Quincy University football commit)

Time: 45.64 

4x100 Relay
1.     Darries Rainey
Isaiah Williams
Alphonzo Andrews
James Frenchie
45.64 Mar 31 Holt Invitational

Was there a hot potato baton pass or blizzard or sleet conditions?  Any snow precipitation on the track? :)   

I’m guessing no D1 track scholie offers in this foursome?  But I’m also guessing their hudl accounts show some quality football skills.  

3 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

ROTFLMAO!!  Cant forget those nutt hugging tights and spiked shoes.  Oh yeah and NO CONTACT!!!!

But those kids line up and knock the crap out of other kids 6 months out of the year. And you jelly bro that track dudes get to be at the same track as females wearing spandex? Haha. Go to a college track meet and your head will spin. Never seen a female rugby player turn my head, cept maybe if I was double checking the thickness of her neck beard.

ETA: Sorry I shouldn't gender assume. It could be a guy who feels like he is a woman on the inside.

This is from article taken from 247 talking about ranking players

https://247sports.com/Bolt/NFL-Draft-2018-How-the-draft-impacts-college-football-recruiting-rankings-117672258

Tracking NFL trends has been a key contributor in the evaluation process.

“You have to adapt and adjust, and I think that our rankings have improved because of that,” Simmons said. “We really prioritize multi-sport athletes. We really prioritize verified testing numbers and track times. We really prioritize offensive linemen that have success in track or in basketball. I think those sort of things are really valuable. You don’t have to dig into the NFL Draft to get that sort of info and that sort of return on it, but I think it’s worth my effort and my time to really dig into the NFL Draft every year to try to learn those things.”

13 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

This is correct.  Schwartz has lowered his U18 world record another .01 to 10.14 

Auburn is getting a little speed in Schwartz and Shivers, who both plan to run track as well as play football.   

Campbell will likely be retiring his track career at AHP and focusing on football for 3 years, have a nice NFL combine and wait for his name on NFL draft day.

Schwartz may have a target time in mind to decide track 100 pct   It will be interesting to see if Schwartz reaches a time where he shuts down football and what would that time be?   Sub 10.10?   10.05?   

I'll think he'll give up football after a short NFL career depending on how much weight he puts on in his first year of college.  If he gets close to the 10 flat or under, I think he goes pro in track and only touches a football goofing around.

I will be at UT Arlington tomorrow and Friday for the 6A REGION 1 and 5A REGION II Track and Field meet for a trip to State.

This is two of the fastest regions in Texas;  6A is comprised of DFW and West Texas and 5A is Beast Texas and DFW. 

Whole weekend of T&F with great weather in the 80's.  I expect some fast ass times out of these groups. 

Cause that's how we roll in Texas in T&F.  Also get a chance to talk and mingle with the kids and coaches.  Good Stuff.

Best damn spectator sport in the world and the oldest damn sport since old Australopithecus Africanus :D had to run down some old prehistoric Chow and run also away from being some prehistoric chow himself.

What other sport offers this all day long:   But hey keep hating :)

[IMG]

and this too

Image result for TRACK AND FIELD WOMEN BUTTS

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2A regionals 4x100  

4x100 relay: American Heritage 40.81; Rockledge 41.32; Satellite 42.01; Glades Central 42.07

Calpreps state/national rating from this past season.  

AHP  2/6  (very good)  Rockledge   39/367  (good),  Satellite  216/3219  (not good),  Glades Central 129/1743  (not good)  

4 very good 4x100 times in HS...  one very strong team, one good team and two teams where speed didn't help much.   

If I do this for every FL regional I'm guessing there will be similar results with some good teams and some bad teams.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

2A regionals 4x100  

4x100 relay: American Heritage 40.81; Rockledge 41.32; Satellite 42.01; Glades Central 42.07

Calpreps state/national rating from this past season.  

AHP  2/6  (very good)  Rockledge   39/367  (good),  Satellite  216/3219  (not good),  Glades Central 129/1743  (not good)  

4 very good 4x100 times in HS...  one very strong team, one good team and two teams where speed didn't help much.   

If I do this for every FL regional I'm guessing there will be similar results with some good teams and some bad teams.  

I have stated on many occasions.  I know Texas and I don't profess to know other States.  I follow FL and Cali in T&F though I rely on you @Ararar about your respective States.  I think Texas and Florida which I proved earlier have a long history of this going all the way back to the Black Colleges and Track and Football guys like Bob Hayes, Homer Jones etc.  The culture is different.  I can remember when I 1st started getting into track back in the middle 70s it was still Florida and Texas. Back when it was the 100yd dash and 440 yd relay. 

Houston McTear was my idol. He recorded a 9.0 mark in the 100-yard dash as a high schooler at the Florida AA High State Meet in the preliminary heats, in Winter Park, Florida, but the world record time was not recognized because it was hand-timed The time remains the NFHS National High School record in the now discontinued event

There were so many here in Texas and they were all Football players.  I would go to a Track meet and see Lam Jones, Phillip Epps, Curtis Dickey and 2 years later they were ripping it up in the SWC in Football.  It is our culture, it makes us unique in how we view it.  I will assure you tomorrow and Saturday in Arlington will draw over 15K fans combined just to watch T&F. 

I saw Ronald Jones Jr. at this same meet 3-4 years ago with McKinney North a kid from around my neighborhood and guess what I am sure to see his name called tonight as a RB from USC.  Proof of our Best football guys are Track guys.  I'm glad it's not like that everywhere else.  But it is 100% Texas and I for one Love it. 

Texas and Florida kids are very similar as well.  Know 2 States have the same type of athletes as these 2 States.  And I heard they play a little football as well with all that speed.  :D

I still need to see AHP and Desoto hook up in the 4x100.

You guys see more focus on the 4x100 because it is my favorite event.  My stance is way deeper than that.

Golf - Your killing me - you throw those boys from Glades Central year in year out into most any state playing football and they are kicking a lot of ass.  

Football and track is not one to one ratio.  To have good football depth - you will have better depth in track and field results - this does not mean every team that is fast is going to be great at football.

Why are programs like Clemson paying TrackingFootball for their services.  Why is 247 recruiting looking at verified track results?

Talk to college coaches - in today’s world 

they want good report from HS coach, good film, camp at their school, and verified athletic ability that track events give - being good at basketball helps to if they don’t run track - multi sports is the way to go

17 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

DD, I see your pole vaulter and I raise you Marybeth Sant of Colorado state and one of my personal favorites, Mikaela Smith of USC. As long as I have a lap these girls have a place to sit haha. 

ETA: I just realized how big of a sucker I am for light colored eyes.

sant1.jpg

sant2.jpg

smith1.jpg

smith2.jpg

DAMN:  YESSSIRRRR

18 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

New Orleans regionals were yesterday for 4A and 5A. While nothing too crazy, 6 teams under 43, 6 teams under 1:30 (Karr at 1:26), 3 boys under 10.8 FAT.

Man keep us informed.  I will post the link for the Regionals here tomorrow that are ran at UT Arlington track.  Gonna be busy in that city this weekend with that lil NFL Draft taking place as well out there.

Now when it comes to Colleges pound for pound them Oregon Ducks are pretty hot too.  Not as hot as the chicks above but collectively as a group they can stand with any college teams as a whole.

Image result for oregon track and field women

Related image

3 hours ago, Texasball said:

Everyone should read this article by 247 sports about tracking football.  This is good information to know.

https://247sports.com/Article/College-recruiting-offices-are-buying-into-Tracking-Football-117711082

This is new...

I'll answer your question of why do colleges purchase this product... my guess would be to see if they can find diamonds in the rough mainly.  If the recruiting sources like Rivals, ESPN and 247 sports offered paid only site looks for ratings/analysis/interviews etc.  my guess would be the colleges would be ordering as well.   Are we to assume an algorithm's novelty creation of athletic performance outside of football holds more value and insight than game film review and on the field football combine results and on field drills.  Coaches have access to this info.  

This tool could be useful for recruits who are trying football late in the process and haven't been rated by the main football sources or not rated for location reasons or playing weaker competition hasn't yielded many looks or the kinds of looks the recruit feels he deserves.   It's free for the recruits to setup, which is ideal.   There will always be sleeper recruits, so not a bad idea for the kids to show off some athleticism if they haven't received the love from collegiate coaches just yet or limited interaction to date.   

Or maybe the recruit is in 9th grade or leaving JV and are ready to explode on varsity and want that early exposure... why not.   It can only help the recruit and maybe help a college land a recruit who slipped through the cracks without a star rating or too low a rating and helped with a staff having a let's have one more look at a hudl film and maybe an offer or walk on offer results.  

I don't think the majority of kids already with ratings, good hudl film, combine and or direct visit/camp exposure will benefit much from this other than the interest of what their ratings numbers are and I don't think Saban, Meyer,  etc. are going to allow a recruit to verbal or not because their rating was lower than another recruit on this site you shared, similar to  Rivals, 247sports etc. recruit rating deciding a commitment decision for a HC vs. seeing the recruit live and watching games and/or film footage.   It's a nice tool to have and why not have as much info as you can... but let's not go overboard with this giving some meaning to depth of football by sharing TX 4x100 and 4x400 relay times.   

Tonight's draft picks are round 1, so we can assume that the picks tonight will be very athletic and talented at their respective positions and those who participated in dual sports likely excelled at them at all.   Will there be any diamond in the roughs who weren't rated or were 2 stars tonight?  Maybe a few and I would guess either a late bloomer in the sport, someone international who wasn't rated or an offensive lineman.    

Speaking of 400,  things will heat up and get real in Burns-Cooper 3.  Haven’t checked the 100/200/4x100’s yet.  

Cooper was offered by FSU recently for football, joining FAU.   

Burns brother plays for the Steelers and was also a standout hurdler in HS.  Burns is running track in college no doubt, but football not sure about.  

E64D77A8-008D-4CBE-B64C-1BCB50A510C6.png

5 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Speaking of 400,  things will heat up and get real in Burns-Cooper 3.  Haven’t checked the 100/200/4x100’s yet.  

Cooper was offered by FSU recently for football, joining FAU.   

Burns brother plays for the Steelers and was also a standout hurdler in HS.  Burns is running track in college no doubt, but football not sure about.  

E64D77A8-008D-4CBE-B64C-1BCB50A510C6.png

About time Burns runs the 400 individual.  I remember discussing this a while back.   

37 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

Dorian Camel of Scottlandville just ran 46.55 to get second behind Burrell. Louisiana might be able to run 3:06 this year.

La. got some sick 400m kids and their 4 can go head up with any States 4  

Here is the current LA. top 4 on athletic.net they haven't posted Camel's time today.  

HOW THEY STACK UP AGAINST THE BIG 4.  They are right there in the 400M

This will change over the next few weeks as each State is heading toward their State Championships.

LA TOP 4 (6 kids under 48)  Crazy for a small State :  Avg of top 4 47:11 

1. 10 Sean Burrell   45.88 PR LA Zachary Apr 18 LHSAA District 4-5A Championship
2. 12 Derius Davis   47.33 LA West Feliciana Apr 07 Mobile Challenge of Champions
3. 12 Dorian Camel   47.43 LA Scotlandville Apr 07 Mobile Challenge of Champions
4. 12 Sethan Hollier   47.83 PR LA Catholic BR Mar 28 Elder Outreach Invitational

FL TOP 4 (11 kids under 48) Avg of top 4 46.40

1. 12 Jamal Walton   45.42 PR FL Miramar Mar 17 Miami Hurricane Invitational
2. 11 Tyrese Cooper   46.40 FL Miami Norland Mar 02 Sam Burley Hall of Fame Invitational
3. 12 Daeqwan Butler   46.76 PR FL Piper Mar 23 BCAA Championships
4. So Jayon Woodard   47.05 NC North Carolina-Charlotte Mar 31 Pepsi Florida Relays

CA TOP 4 (6 kids under 48) Avg of top 4 47.38

1. 11 Zachary Larrier video16h.png 47.12 PR CA Monterey Trail Apr 07 Arcadia Invitational
2. 12 Max Glasser video16h.png 47.31 PR CA Marin Catholic Mar 31 Stanford Invitational
3. 11 Karson Lippert video16h.png 47.44 CA La Costa Canyon Apr 07 Arcadia Invitational
4. 12 Matthew Okonkwo video16h.png 47.65 PR CA Murrieta Mesa Apr 07 Arcadia Invitationa

GA TOP 4 (6 kids under 48) Avg of top 4 46.88

1. 12 Justin Long   46.42 PR GA Parkview Apr 17 GHSA Region 7-AAAAAAA
2. 11 Nicholas Ramey   46.55 PR GA Brookwood Apr 17 GHSA Region 7-AAAAAAA
3. 12 Trey Johnson*   46.81 PR GA Fayette County Apr 19 GHSA Region 3-AAAAA
4. 12 Elija Godwin   47.72 GA Newton County Mar 30 NewRock Championship

TX TOP 4  (13 kids under 48) Avg of top 4 46.40  Avg of top 4 47.18

1. 11 Matthew Boling*   46.83 PR TX Houston Strake Jesuit Apr 19 UIL 6A Area 19/20
2. 12 LaKyron Mays   47.09 PR TX Dallas Carter Mar 24 Eddie Payne - Carter Shootout
3. 11 Moyo Oyebamiji   47.33 PR TX Katy Cinco Ranch Mar 24 Rice Victor Lopez Classic - HS Events (Th-Sa)
4. 12 Lavone Brown   47.48 PR TX Alief Taylor Apr 12 UIL 6A District 23 (M, Th)