The No Nonsense Top 50

Omaha Vol

3 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

North Shore is always strong early.  I know they have won more than a few of the early season tilts with Katy.  I feel some type of way about LT and I never give them enough credit.  They were tough last season in the championship game against a much more talented Allen squad.  I will give them more respect.  Cy Fair is also the Houston area too right?

North shore has been decent at the beginning of the year, the past few times they've played Westfield they sputtered and lost.  This is one of their best starts in decades.  The difference between this team and the others is they have a legit QB and have not made TOS and lots of penalties.

cy fair is solid again, I really like this "blue collar" like team,  they are not flashy but are physical and execute well.  They have very good skill guys too.  I think they might be D2 like last year though.  

LT will have to improve their OL, it has not been good and they would lose TODAY comfortably against the ones I listed.  I trust their coaching staff to correct it before the playoffs, 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

North shore has been decent at the beginning of the year, the past few times they've played Westfield they sputtered and lost.  This is one of their best starts in decades.  The difference between this team and the others is they have a legit QB and have not made TOS and lots of penalties.

cy fair is solid again, I really like this "blue collar" like team,  they are not flashy but are physical and execute well.  They have very good skill guys too.  I think they might be D2 like last year though.  

LT will have to improve their OL, it has not been good and they would lose TODAY comfortably against the ones I listed.  I trust their coaching staff to correct it before the playoffs, 

Because of the redistricting Cy Fair is guaranteed to go D1. If they both win their first round games, they would play Katy in round 2. Katy's most probable draw to the State Game:

1. Fort Bend Travis

2. Cy Fair

3. North Shore

4. Atascocita

5. Lake Travis

6. Allen

5 minutes ago, TigerHat said:

Because of the redistricting Cy Fair is guaranteed to go D1. If they both win their first round games, they would play Katy in round 2. Katy's most probable draw to the State Game:

1. Fort Bend Travis

2. Cy Fair

3. North Shore

4. Atascocita

5. Lake Travis

6. Allen

Wow!   That’s a tough draw.  No disrespect to Katy, but I just don’t see it this year.  They very well could bow out in rd 2. 

• Like 1

LT OL will come together when all of the starters gets healthy, will see who plays today but the fill ins are getting some playing time.There is never a panic at LT with the coaching lets see if new OC decides  to open the O up, which I hope will be a good test tonight....then Westlake in a few weeks. We got RB Nixon out for about 6 weeks due to a ankle injury, but I like the other RB better anyways.We got a VG back up (Soph) QB and in tight games I could see QB Card going back to WR to open the passing game even more with runs up the middle sprinkled in.  Austin Bowie tonight and I see LT opening the playbook 

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

Not sold on Simeon? I’ll have to take that under consideration. I’m quite sure you know more about IL football than I do. Lol

I like Simeon. They've got some issues though. Barrington may as well, but I like their win over MS better than Simeon's win over Phillips. I really like the top of 7A right now.