The No Nonsense Top 50

Omaha Vol

2 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

If they struggle with Grayson I will drop them for sure. That will put Bergen ahead of them also. 

this week we also get to see if BC is for real..Great win against Grayson on the road but a sloppy 2nd half against AW..SPP will come with everything they have..the Colquitt situation will work itself out in a few weeks..most of these rankings are worthless because of how early in the season it is..nice to look at and debate but way early

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

this week we also get to see if BC is for real..Great win against Grayson on the road but a sloppy 2nd half against AW..SPP will come with everything they have..the Colquitt situation will work itself out in a few weeks..most of these rankings are worthless because of how early in the season it is..nice to look at and debate but way early

I truly don't get all the arguments against Colquitt's schedule strength.

According to CP, it's right up there in the high 30's which better than a vast majority of teams in the country. Also, it doesn't include playoffs yet, where, considering Colquitt makes a deep run, the SOS will grow stronger. 

It's always an issue with some guys, but they can't really back up their claims with numbers.

Edit: Just checked and Colquitt's SOS is at 40.4 which is stronger than most of the teams ahead of them.

27 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

I agree with you about early polls. I won’t even do a preseason one. I usually wait until every power state has a game in. All of our rankings are a crapshoot, for the most part, right now

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

xD

So where do you see them then?

Jamie DeMoney has them at 9 as well. 

They are ranked anywhere between 9 and 18 in nearly every poll. Even Cal Preps has them at 11. Only USAT is shitting the bed. 

Seriously though... where do you see them? 13th? 18th? 7th? 

Hard to tell, since they have not played any top national teams. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Lmao but they played that mighty Missouri team that had 150 D1 offers....like MD or STA or SJC they got 150 offers with just 2 kids 

Let's talk about a barely top 100 team from New Jersey. 

Number 96 SJR. Also known as the special considerations section of the Papal Poll 

Once DePaul beats them this weekend, they'll probably be gone from the top 100 altogether. 

SOS only 6 points higher than Colquitt's, and that probably will change as the season progresses. Especially once the playoffs start in Georgia. 

9_9

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Lmao but they played that mighty Missouri team that had 150 D1 offers....like MD or STA or SJC they got 150 offers with just 2 kids 

That Mizzou team is loaded. Went to OT with East St. Louis after leading most of the game... They arent great but they arent bad.

You keep mentioning that game .... But they play Grayson next week.

13 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

That Mizzou team is loaded. Went to OT with East St. Louis after leading most of the game... They arent great but they arent bad.

You keep mentioning east St. Louis 

why??

they barely got by a team called Bernardsville and got Smashed by Kings HS..😝🤣 @ECHS05   We’re talking about national powerhouses , ain’t no one got time for Kings HS

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

People like him are lazy and dumb. They'd prefer you to play Bishop Gorman who is a shell of what they were 3 years ago, just because they recognize the name. 

Nobody got time for that. 

He likes to talk shit about other folk's teams while his team is basically bush league in a state with three good teams. 

Pretty sad to watch him flounder around and all really. 

Strange to see the gap between Chandler-Bingham and Centennial-Gorman, especially considering 1) the former teams' having a less than stellar weekend in Vegas  (Chandler having issues putting away Faith Lutheran, Bingham needing a goal line stand to keep from going to OT versus a team that lost by 20+ to your #48); and 2) Gorman being an Orem score in the final two minutes away from having the same margin of victory as Bingham did versus the Tigers. A lot of evidence points to these teams being very close to one another in ability.

12 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's at DePaul so I chose to go with the home team. 

DePaul is a winner too. They're 2 and 0 while SJR dropped a game already and just squeezed by in their win. 

DePaul is gonna be 3 and 0 after this weekend. 

I just went with the trend of the season thus far. 

Don’t you account for SOS? 

Depaul has played two cream puffs. Sjr has played two good squads. 

Home field at depaul won’t matter much ..... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

People like him are lazy and dumb. They'd prefer you to play Bishop Gorman who is a shell of what they were 3 years ago, just because they recognize the name. 

Nobody got time for that. 

He likes to talk shit about other folk's teams while his team is basically bush league in a state with three good teams. 

Pretty sad to watch him flounder around and all really. 

Play sta play Miami Central Play SJC  Play SJB Play MD play DLS Play a BNU team

play a Top Ohio team just please for the Lords sake don’t schedule Trinity Catholic and then say their a top 500 team

36 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Play sta play Miami Central Play SJC  Play SJB Play MD play DLS Play a BNU team

play a Top Ohio team just please for the Lords sake don’t schedule Trinity Catholic and then say their a top 500 team

Talk to Cal Preps. They're the ones calling Trinity Catholic a top 500 squad. Alls I can do is quote what they have.

According to the Jersey guys for the past 4 years since I've been around, CP is the only unbiased and definitive source. 

Maybe you should join NOR in gathering mathematical data to disprove the validity of the CP rating of these teams. 9_9

46 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Don’t you account for SOS? 

Depaul has played two cream puffs. Sjr has played two good squads. 

Home field at depaul won’t matter much ..... 

I do figure on SOS a bit. At the same time, I disagree about who SJR has played. 

AHP is not very good this year. They're riding the coat tails of their reputation from the last two years imo. 

Barely skating by Imhotep Charter is even more telling. That team is barely a top 250. SJR should have blown that team's doors off if they're really top 100. 

DePaul may have played lesser teams but, they did what you would expect them to do against lesser teams. Blew their doors off. 

SJR is going to do what they have been doing so far this season. Struggle offensively. 

Well...me being me....I don't think Colquitt is a Top Ten team nationally.  Shoot...we're barely a Top Ten team in Georgia.  I mean...we're no North Gwinnett...or Grayson...or Marietta...or Archer...or Buford...or Rome...or Blessed Trinity...or Milton or even Lee County.  

We're more of a Parkview...Walton...Brookwood...or...Cedar Grove.

And I'm being generous.....

But...I suppose we COULD get better....(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Thumbs Down 1