Need advice

HSFBfan

6 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Are there opportunities out there where they are looking to pay someone to just post on random forums all day? Or do most expect some sort of productivity out of candidates?

He could stick a dildo on his forehead, wear a pink vagina hat and be a paid protester for the left. If you smack random folks on the head with a bike lock, I understand the promotion potential is virtually limitless.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Idk when that will be. Last time it was close to a month. 

Dude you say you have health issues where you need insurance.  Why leave your job and forfeit health coverage?  So what if it’s a month or two or three?  Network, submit resumes, etc.  You’ll get something else eventually.  In the meantime, suck it up and keep working until a better offer comes along!  That’s just life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Dude you say you have health issues where you need insurance.  Why leave your job and forfeit health coverage?  So what if it’s a month or two or three?  Network, submit resumes, etc.  You’ll get something else eventually.  In the meantime, suck it up!  That’s just life.

So in your world I have to be miserable. I have some issues that yes having insurance helps me. Because I am MISERABLE!!!!! 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

So in your world I have to be miserable. I have some issues that yes having insurance helps me. Because I am MISERABLE!!!!! 

No.  In my world you need to be a responsible adult and look out for yourself which means, to wit: don’t give up a paycheck unless you know you have another one coming in so you can live, keep your health insurance so you can take care of yourself, keep your job so you can keep contributing to your 401k, etc.

Life is about short-term sacrifices for larger happiness.  You suck it up in a job you don’t like for a bit so you can find a better one you do like.  So you can have money to be able to do the things you enjoy on weekends, etc.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

No.  In my world you need to be a responsible adult and look out for yourself which means, to wit: don’t give up a paycheck unless you know you have another one coming in so you can live, keep your health insurance so you can take care of yourself, keep your job so you can keep contributing to your 401k, etc.

Life is about short-term sacrifices for larger happiness.  You suck it up in a job you don’t like for a bit so you can find a better one you do like.  So you can have money to be able to do the things you enjoy on weekends, etc.

I dont have a 401k so that doesnt matter. The health insurance is the big piece. That's the only thing keeping me at my place of employment 

I have considered all those things you mentioned which is why I havent walked out the door yet 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

I am miserable at my job and want to leave. The problem is I need my health insurance to take care of some personal things. So I stay at my job and be miserable everyday or leave and have no insurance and not be able to take care of what I need to take care of. Any suggestions?

You are too weak for suicide. So, that's not an option.

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I may be wrong but in these posts it always seems like you’re looking for some type of job (and life) where every moment is rewarding and joyful and non-stressful; where everyone gets along and agrees with you, etc.  

That doesn’t exist.  Life is messy and a grind and downright unenjoyable at times - people die, you gotta pay the mortgage every month, your wife annoys the hell out of you some days, your clients are PITAs asking you to do unethical things, etc. But that’s balanced out by moments of small happiness (like when Bergen stomps a mud hole in Bosco this year or you spend time with friends at a bar getting wasted) and great joy - like when your kid is born or says “Daddy” for the first time. 

And there are people (just look at this board) who have wildly different views and backgrounds and are infuriating at times.  But that’s all part of the spice of life and makes things interesting.

You really need to recalibrate your expectations.  There’s a lot of good I’m sure, but I think you’re getting in your own way with lofty and unrealistic expectations.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

I may be wrong but in these posts it always seems like you’re looking for some type of job (and life) where every moment is rewarding and joyful and non-stressful; where everyone gets along and agrees with you, etc.  

That doesn’t exist.  Life is messy and a grind and downright unenjoyable at times - people die, you gotta pay the mortgage every month, your wife annoys the hell out of you some days, your clients are PITAs asking you to do unethical things, etc. But that’s balanced out by moments of small happiness (like when Bergen stomps a mud hole in Bosco this year or you spend time with friends at a bar getting wasted) and great joy - like when your kid is born or says “Daddy” for the first time. 

And there are people (just look at this board) who have wildly different views and backgrounds and are infuriating at times.  But that’s all part of the spice of life and makes things interesting.

You really need to recalibrate your expectations.  There’s a lot of good I’m sure, but I think you’re getting in your own way with lofty and unrealistic expectations.

I dont mind people dying at all. And yes life should be rewarding and if it isnt than why be alive. If it is constant misery why be here. Life cannot be miserable 24/7. I dont have a wife thank God. Another pain in the ass that I dont need. And I'll never have a kid. Thays just another pain in the ass.

My expectations are simple.......live life to enjoyment  and die

I am trying my best to get on some sort of mental health disability so this way there will be no more expectations on me for the rest of my life 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

I dont have a 401k so that doesnt matter. The health insurance is the big piece. That's the only thing keeping me at my place of employment 

I have considered all those things you mentioned which is why I havent walked out the door yet 

What is it that you would like to do as a profession?

8 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

What is it that you would like to do as a profession?

Honestly I went back to school to be a paralegal. I have succeeded in becoming one. I work as a paralegal. It is a miserable profession for me. I get absolutely no joy or satisfaction out of it. I dont look forward to even getting up in the morning. 

So after saying all that the answer to that question will always be idk. I dont find work satisfying or whatever the word is. Just like school never found that too interesting either. 

My dream job was always to work as a sports commentator like on the local sports radio network. It's almost impossible to get so I threw that dream away a long time ago. 

4 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

There is a whole town in Georgia for sale....please help fund me the 1.7 million itll take to purchase the town

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/new-york-replaces-london-as-top-global-financial-center-and-brexits-to-blame-survey-2018-09-12

My boss spent that much on a 100 year old 70,000 sq foot warehouse for way more than that .. Jesus 

• Like 1