Is this the Best ever Texas Small School

DevilDog

@Texasball @Horsefly @Frosty4024

There was a big discussion on one of the Texas sites about this being the most talented small School in Texas History. 

I personally think they are Elite 5A and I don't think there are 20 teams in Texas Better and how many schools regardless of size have this talent.

There has never been a public school with less than 300 kids of which half are males with this much Talent

Here is an extended look at them on a good field against an Elite 4A that has given elite 5A problems.  Silsbee.

What do you guys thinK.  They are even comparing them to that Daingerfiled squad of 1983 and are saying that the only difference is how the game has evolved

DF played 3 yards and a cloud of dust teams.  NEWTON is LEGIT

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

@Texasball @Horsefly @Frosty4024

There was a big discussion on one of the Texas sites about this being the most talented small School in Texas History. 

I personally think they are Elite 5A and I don't think there are 20 teams in Texas Better and how many schools regardless of size have this talent.

There has never been a public school with less than 300 kids of which half are males with this much Talent

Here is an extended look at them on a good field against an Elite 4A that has given elite 5A problems.  Silsbee.

What do you guys thinK.  They are even comparing them to that Daingerfiled squad of 1983 and are saying that the only difference is how the game has evolved

DF played 3 yards and a cloud of dust teams.  NEWTON is LEGIT

I agree that they are in discussion as one of the greatest small school teams ever, but I’m not ready to say they are top 20 across the state regardless of class. Roughly breaking the numbers that would mean they are approx top 15 or so in 6A.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

I agree that they are in discussion as one of the greatest small school teams ever, but I’m not ready to say they are top 20 across the state regardless of state. Roughly breaking the numbers that would mean they are roughly top 15 or so in 6A.  

Fair enough but if you are considered in discussion with the DF as one of the best small Schools ever.  I don't see how you cannot be among the top 20 across the State.  I would take LV and Lufkin in Beast Texas only over them.  I don't know of 10 team in DFW better than them.  Not up to speed on all of GHA.  But they would smoke Abilene back to El Paso in 6A.  

Did you see how far they were rated in that MAXPREPS Small School top 20?  They were ranked far and beyond the other 24 teams on that list.  

Do you think those D1 kids would not perform against 5A and 6A kids just because they have more AAAAA's.  I watched Desoto and Dunne.  Believe me I didn't see anything other than Desoto on Defense that 4A Melissa would not give hell.  I would not take Bishop Dunne over Melissa and I have seen them both.  And I would not take Melissa over Newton. 

They are ranked well ahead of #2 Chaminade Madonna on this.  I can't speak for Florida but I don't think many there are of the assumption that this isn't one of their better teams.  I don't buy that Texas can never have a special small School but other States can. Mississippi sent a small 4A School a few years ago that gave Aledo Hell.  I watched Venice Fl look like a Texas 4A run all over 6A Plano East with a Running Back that I will assure was no Barlow.   Newton has more talent than 95% of the Schools in Texas regardless of size. We are talking HS Football not DI College.  I watched a small Bellevue Beat BIg E.T. with 2 SUPERSTAR KIDS.  😎  4A is proving the myth wrong this year about bigger schools.    Dunne went toe to toe with 6A Ranked Desoto for a Half.   Dunne is not special.  4A MELISSA Would beat Bishop Dunne. 

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/jRX5IQZKAUOWAiIQ2Up66Q/maxpreps-2018-preseason-small-schools-top-25-high-school-football-rankings.htm

27 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Fair enough but if you are considered in discussion with the DF as one of the best small Schools ever.  I don't see how you cannot be among the top 20 across the State.  I would take LV and Lufkin in Beast Texas only over them.  I don't know of 10 team in DFW better than them.  Not up to speed on all of GHA.  But they would smoke Abilene back to El Paso in 6A.  

Did you see how far they were rated in that MAXPREPS Small School top 20?  They were ranked far and beyond the other 24 teams on that list.  

Do you think those D1 kids would not perform against 5A and 6A kids just because they have more AAAAA's.  I watched Desoto and Dunne.  Believe me I didn't see anything other than Desoto on Defense that 4A Melissa would not give hell.  I would not take Bishop Dunne over Melissa and I have seen them both.  And I would not take Melissa over Newton. 

There are a lot of quality 5A/6A schools with talent but are not up to Allen and others abilities.  Let’s look at just DFW although I think GHA would produce the same quality.  

Allen

duncanville

SLC

Trinity

coppell

desoto

cedar hill

aledo

highland park

mesquite poteet

lonestar

ryan

thats 12 teams, include 12 from GHA and that’s 24.  Then add Longview, lufkin, Judson, westlake, lake travis and Permian and we quickly get to 30 teams.  The top in TAPPS are prestonwood and St pius X, so those may be hurdles as well.  

I could see them in the 30-40 range and that’s very impressive for a school their size. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Wonder how all that came about?

Interesting, will be following. 

Thanks GirlyDog. 

BGW

By the way.  I don't think they are the best Small team ever as a matter of fact I would take 2017 bEast Texas Carthage who finished 60th in the Nation last year and 2014 Gilmer with Blake Lynch, and Chris Boyd leading them over 2018 Newton.  But I also thought each of them were top 30 teams in Texas.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

There are a lot of quality 5A/6A schools with talent but are not up to Allen and others abilities.  Let’s look at just DFW although I think GHA would produce the same quality.  

Allen

duncanville

SLC

Trinity

coppell

desoto

cedar hill

aledo

highland park

mesquite poteet

lonestar

ryan

thats 12 teams, include 12 from GHA and that’s 24.  Then add Longview, lufkin, Judson, westlake, lake travis and Permian and we quickly get to 30 teams.  The top in TAPPS are prestonwood and St pius X, so those may be hurdles as well.  

I could see them in the 30-40 range and that’s very impressive for a school their size. 

Can't argue against it because they won't play those teams.  They are unique and as talented as all those teams you listed.  If those elite small school kids were not performing at the next level I would agree in totality.  But going to DI Schools these small kids are balling out.  Barlow is not some small kid.  

Liberty Christian has Prestonwood Friday night.  Melissa already spanked L.C.   They very well can beat Prestonwood. Melissa is not as talented as Newton and Melissa have 3 ballers.  

These kids absolutely destroyed 3A last year.  And this year older and bigger they are destroying 4A elite. 

ET barley beat 5A Heritage this weekend.  

Just now, DevilDog said:

Can't argue against it because they won't play those teams.  They are unique and as talented as all those teams you listed.  If those kids were not performing at the next level I would agree in totality.  But going to DI Schools these small kids are balling out.  Barlow is not some small kid.  

These kids absolutely destroyed 3A last year.  And this year older and bigger they are destroying 4A elite. 

Absolutely they are as talented but how talented are the non studs compared to ETs or SLCs role players?  I don’t recall a 3A school being considered in the top 30 in TX.  We are actually talking being 6 divisions smaller than some 6AD1 schools,  that’s incredible for a public school. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Absolutely they are as talented but how talented are the non studs compared to ETs or SLCs role players?  I don’t recall a 3A school being considered in the top 30 in TX.  We are actually talking being 6 divisions smaller than some 6AD1 schools,  that’s incredible for a public school. 

I just watched Bishop Dunne with 45 kids.  Talented kids same as Newton.  Give a 6A School with 65+ players hell for a full half and they didn't embarrass themselves. Now these same elite TAPPS are playing 4A as well as 6A and each other.   Trinity Christian is the best team in TAPPS sans St. Pius X.   Melissa is a 4A School so should I expect T.C. which loaded to destroy Melissa.  

In DFW only ALLEN has a better 3 headed Monster than Melissa.  There is no way in Hell Jabray Young, Brendon Lewis and that WR is gonna be shut down just because they are 4A.  I would have no problem saying Melissa is the 2nd best Team in Collin County Behind Allen. 

9 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Hmmm hmmnn.... a football player!

Nice speed and change of direction, 3 opponents had him corralled and he juked his way out. 

BGW

They are a talented little public school that decimated 3A Last year.  And this year they stepped up and are smoking 4A elite.   They brought everyone back.  For the record @ECHS05 and myself were the only ones who picked them to beat WOS. It was on the Road and in terrible conditions against the 4A Name Brand.  They dominated it was 20 - 0 with 2 mins left this past friday night.  THEY ARE LEGIT.  They are gonna destroy Gilmer in 2 weeks.  Gilmer plays 4A DI Champ Carthage Friday.  Watch Newton beat them worse than Carthage. Who just beat a ranked 5A team in Marshall on the Road. 

Last year they scored like this.  wK10 - WK15 are playoff games.  

Wk:1 41 -17

wk 2: 40-20

wk 3: 55-14

wk 4: 60-17

wk5: 71 - 8

wk6: 58 - 0 

wk7: 52 - 0

wk8: 75 - 0

wk9: 47 -0

wk10: 58-0

wk11: 65-11

wk12: 21-7

wk13: 45-6

wk14: 55-28

wk15: 40-16

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

They are a talented little public school that decimated 3A Last year.  And this year they stepped up and are smoking 4A elite.   They brought everyone back.  For the record @ECHS05 and myself were the only ones who picked them to beat WOS. It was on the Road and in terrible conditions against the 4A Name Brand.  They dominated it was 20 - 0 with 2 mins left this past friday night.  THEY ARE LEGIT.

wk13: 45-6

wk14: 55-28

wk15: 40-16

😳😎😳😎😳😎😳

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

They are ranked well ahead of #2 Chaminade Madonna on this.  I can't speak for Florida but I don't think many there are of the assumption that this isn't one of their better teams.  I don't buy that Texas can never have a special small School but other States can. Mississippi sent a small 4A School a few years ago that gave Aledo Hell.  I watched Venice Fl look like a Texas 4A run all over 6A Plano East with a Running Back that I will assure was no Barlow.   Newton has more talent than 95% of the Schools in Texas regardless of size. We are talking HS Football not DI College.  I watched a small Bellevue Beat BIg E.T. with 2 SUPERSTAR KIDS.  😎  4A is proving the myth wrong this year about bigger schools.    Dunne went toe to toe with 6A Ranked Desoto for a Half.   Dunne is not special.  4A MELISSA Would beat Bishop Dunne. 

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/jRX5IQZKAUOWAiIQ2Up66Q/maxpreps-2018-preseason-small-schools-top-25-high-school-football-rankings.htm

I get your example.  However none of them are small like Newton.

Chaminade Madonna doesn’t count as they are private.

The Mississippi School was still a lot bigger than Newton

iMO Newton is the best under 300 enrollment public team in the history of Texas and possibly nationally

1A Trenton FL from 2015 was pretty dominate. They have about 350 kids in grades 9-12. They went 14-0 and finished number 7 in Florida and top 100 national on Maxpreps. That's unheard of for a 1A team. Never would a 1A team make the top 10. 

I will have to check who went D1. I know for a fact a DB named Hamp Cheevers. Plays for Boston College. Has 2 picks and return TD so far in 3 games 

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/rankings.aspx?schoolid=ba7df052-773a-46c2-b4a6-6f86a1638ca7&ssid=ebff7089-c234-4d83-9f97-7f94d95ffd37

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

I get your example.  However none of them are small like Newton.

Chaminade Madonna doesn’t count as they are private.

The Mississippi School was still a lot bigger than Newton

iMO Newton is the best under 300 enrollment public team in the history of Texas and possibly nationally

Bigger but not more talented.  Regardless of how many kids there are at HS in Newton.  They have 6 DI football kids.  That can't be forgotten.  

If Newton was a Private School here this year.  They would have gotten attention like Dunne did Nationally.  Dunne got attention because of the DI Kids.  

People mention Allen and LT and forget 99% of 6A are not beating them nor is 99% of the Nation.  I don't believe the #25 6A Team beats Newton.  Nor do I believe the #10 5A beats them nor do I believe anyone 4A Down beats them.  

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

1A Trenton FL from 2015 was pretty dominate. They have about 350 kids in grades 9-12. They went 14-0 and finished number 7 in Florida and top 100 national on Maxpreps. That's unheard of for a 1A team. Never would a 1A team make the top 10. 

I will have to check who went D1. I know for a fact a DB named Hamp Cheevers. Plays for Boston College. Has 2 picks and return TD so far in 3 games 

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/rankings.aspx?schoolid=ba7df052-773a-46c2-b4a6-6f86a1638ca7&ssid=ebff7089-c234-4d83-9f97-7f94d95ffd37

Thanks I guess people forget those old Pahokee teams in FL.  If I remember isn't that a Public School that used to be loaded like Newton is now.  Most Texans think 6A is sacred yet I watched a team Venice that was no better than a good 4A run all over 6A Plano East.  I watched Cocoa against 6A Abilene.  For 3 qtrs they dominated but Cocoa had a talented kid named Buie that hit the corner and all those AAAAAA's couldn catch him.  And Cocoa who can't pass launched a bomb guess who ran past everyone to catch it.  If you are fast and good it doesn't matter and they beat Abilene with about 38 kids in Desoto's Stadium.  I saw it myself.  No excuses a talented small School beat a much larger School who is suppose to have all that depth and even without RB Sims shouldn't that have made a difference.  His talent beat Abilene.   WOS thought the same thing so called Depth would wear Newton down while Newton wore them out. 

How many HS in Texas have  DI RT blocking for a DI RB getting a handoff from a DI athlete at QB and a DI WR to boot?  That would be neat to know.  I can name 2.  Allen and Newton. 

Or this fact 4 of the top 130 football Recruits in Texas for 2019 are on 3A Newton.  How does that not make you an elite in State team?  😎

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

They are a talented little public school that decimated 3A Last year.  And this year they stepped up and are smoking 4A elite.   They brought everyone back.  For the record @ECHS05 and myself were the only ones who picked them to beat WOS. It was on the Road and in terrible conditions against the 4A Name Brand.  They dominated it was 20 - 0 with 2 mins left this past friday night.  THEY ARE LEGIT.  They are gonna destroy Gilmer in 2 weeks.  Gilmer plays 4A DI Champ Carthage Friday.  Watch Newton beat them worse than Carthage. Who just beat a ranked 5A team in Marshall on the Road.