High School Football

Vanndyra Srouy

9 minutes ago, Vanndyra Srouy said:

Does anyone know if there are any financial  or legal risk of playing high school football? 

Please take a look at my go fund me and let me know what you think. Also any donations will be appreciated.

https://www.gofundme.com/hs-football-player-sued-by-referee

80K for Legal fees shit... Who you Got Johnnie Cochran???🙃🙃

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Vanndyra Srouy said:

Does anyone know if there are any financial  or legal risk of playing high school football? 

Please take a look at my go fund me and let me know what you think. Also any donations will be appreciated.

Kid is trying to Retire off of GoFundme lmao ur smart kid very smart 

It's California, what do you expect? 

Having said that, it is a common practice in a lawsuit to cast a wide net.  Don't forget what is legal does not equal what it right.  I would be looking at what the contract is that the ref signed, what the contracts between the ref association and the school district, what the school district insurance policy states.  All of that is available either through discovery or through open record requests.

I would love to see the entire game if possible; anyone have a copy???  This is really weird and sounds like there is just more to it than what we are reading.  Is the ref related or have issues with this kid or anyone at that school, did the ref have issues with this kid prior to the game or during the game???  

I have seen a few mid-game collisions where the ref took the worst of the contact (with both player and field) and never heard of anything like this.  Closest thing to this "intentional hits" claim was in San Antonio I think it was when those two defenders took out the ref and speared him.

In addition to suing the school district, the kid should counter-sue the ref for messing up his "clean" block on the other kid. He should sue his coaches for putting him on the field and calling that particular play and scheme. He should sue his school counselor for not advising him to stay away from football. He should sue the equipment manufacturers for...eh, just sue anybody that was there. Tie everyone up in court, then go throw trash on the ref's lawn at night. 

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Vanndyra Srouy said:

I'm thinking this is a new username created by GSB. He's mentioned the possibility of gofundme contributions for him a few times. Or it's Block.

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

It may be too late for this, but why not seek out free legal aid.

Not every lawyer is Gloria Allred. Some want to do good in the world. And since you're a poor young man, I would think that you'd be able to find a lawyer to help you, if you're being sued unjustly. 

I hope ur not talking about Going With a Public Pretender......

ohh godd that was funny

best bet Is share ur story with some high profile lawyers and ask you want ProBono

cause the Publicity that lawyers gonna get is Priceless 

Apparently there is no Worker's Comp for refs? 

No liability clauses? 

etc.

Seems hard to believe that such a lawsuit is even possible. While you have to feel for the ref that got injured, if that's even true, this seems like another frivolous suit to me. Kinda like the lady suing McDonalds when she spilled hot coffee on her lap. Bitch, you know the coffee was hot. I say to the ref, bitch you knew you could get run into on a football field during a live game. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Apparently there is no Worker's Comp for refs? 

No liability clauses? 

etc.

Seems hard to believe that such a lawsuit is even possible. While you have to feel for the ref that got injured, if that's even true, this seems like another frivolous suit to me. Kinda like the lady suing McDonalds when she spilled hot coffee on her lap. Bitch, you know the coffee was hot. I say to the ref, bitch you knew you could get run into on a football field during a live game. 

Oh I respect that lady .. she found a loophole and said fuck it why not sue McDonald’s what’s the worse that can happen lmao 😂 lady actually won that they did not tell her that her Hot Coffee was Hot

• Haha 2

I always love people bringing up the hot coffee lawsuit. The coffee was ridiculously hot. I believe McDonald's actually did it on purpose because they could get the same flavor and use less beans (i.e., save money). They had also received hundreds of complaints from people getting burned because of the coffee's temperature. The woman originally only wanted her medical expenses which amounted to $20K. McDonald's refused, so she sued. The jury deciding that McDonald's handling of its coffee was so irresponsible awarded the woman an obscene amount. She ultimately settled for less than 600K. Anyways, I don't know if the woman is a good example of a frivolous lawsuit. Here is some more details:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/12/16/13971482/mcdonalds-coffee-lawsuit-stella-liebeck

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Now I can't get coffee as hot as I want anymore, and schools are staring down the barrel of having to pay refs millions when a kid gets blocked into one. 

xD

The world is going to shit I tell ya. In a handbasket!

xD

How has this not happened before?  Countless games have been played and have never heard of this type of thing.  Certainly not the first ref to get hurt, who covered their medical expenses?  

And what's the point of suing a broke kid?  This whole thing stinks and I'm thinking that maybe the Methodist are at fault.  Somebody should look into those guys.  😀

• Haha 2

Just now, World Citizen said:

How has this not happened before?  Countless games have been played and have never heard of this type of thing.  Certainly not the first ref to get hurt, who covered their medical expenses?  

And what's the point of suing a broke kid?  This whole thing stinks and I'm thinking that maybe the Methodist are at fault.  Somebody should look into those guys.  😀

Its the reason I'd like to know what the claims that have been asserted are. The ref would have to assert something along the lines that the player was so reckless that he knowingly endangered others and that the school officials were negligent in not stopping the behavior. Something like that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrepGridiron said:

Its the reason I'd like to know what the claims that have been asserted are. The ref would have to assert something along the lines that the player was so reckless that he knowingly endangered others and that the school officials were negligent in not stopping the behavior. Something like that. 

There was mention I believe that the kid had more than once had a late hit.  Don't think any mention of personal fouls on the kid though, even after ref got hurt.  Unless the kid was flagged for late hits multiple times, in which case he would have been ejected by the 2nd infraction, this makes no sense.  

Not knowing the specifics we can only speculate but it's strange for sure.  

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

There was mention I believe that the kid had more than once had a late hit.  Don't think any mention of personal fouls on the kid though, even after ref got hurt.  Unless the kid was flagged for late hits multiple times, in which case he would have been ejected by the 2nd infraction, this makes no sense.  

Not knowing the specifics we can only speculate but it's strange for sure.  

Yeah, a question in my mind would be that the ref (and/or the crew) had an ability to stop the behavior by ejecting the player if they were concerned about the reckless behavior, why wasn't any action taken? This would go to mitigating some of the damages.