#1 Colquitt Co vs #3 Warner Robins

GHSFPS

1 minute ago, Pops said:

What is WR #3 in?

Their county?

Number 3 in AAAAA. 

They actually have put up quite a few points this year. 

Of course, they haven't played Colquitt every game this year either, but, they still have a QB that's gonna play Saturday ball and are a dangerous offensive team. 

I was impressed with their defense at times too. 

I wouldn't be totally surprised if they beat one  or both of the teams ahead of them in their own classification. 

7 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Colquitt has looked polished whenever I have seen them.  Solid all around.  I can see them being a tough out in the playoffs for anybody.

I obviously haven't watched every top 100 team play yet, but, I've watched quite a few already, and no team that I have watched yet, is as complete in all aspects of the game. 

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I actually think that WR will win 5A. Rome has a great offense, but shaky on D. Buford is too one dimensional on O, and John Ford and Aaron McGlaughlin choke in big games. I'm willing to bet that WR defense is better than both of Rome and Buford defenses. So yeah, WR wins it all.....idc idc idc. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. 

Carrollton  definitely showed that Rome can be scored on, and, Warner Robins can certainly put up points. 5A is gonna be kinda fun to keep track of this season with all the offenses scoring so much. 

39 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I actually think that WR will win 5A. Rome has a great offense, but shaky on D. Buford is too one dimensional on O, and John Ford and Aaron McGlaughlin choke in big games. I'm willing to bet that WR defense is better than both of Rome and Buford defenses. So yeah, WR wins it all.....idc idc idc. 

They honestly look like a decent team.  A lot of bad breaks (some caused by Colquitt of course)

2 minutes ago, 954gator said:

They honestly look like a decent team.  A lot of bad breaks (some caused by Colquitt of course)

If they didn't learn another thing at all from that game last Friday night, their score keeper learned the difference between a Panther and a Packer, and they learned they have some major work to do on special teams. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't think the boys took too kindly to that. 

I know this is a big instate game and I am not all up on the JawJaa HS scene.  Hawg I am counting on you to post something that those of us who can't take counting all those damn AAAAAAAAAAAs will be able to read.  Asking in advance for a friend sir😎 I tried one article in a Newspaper and I stopped after the 4th line due to Eye fatigue and all I could see was AAAAA's Though they did sneak in a Number once for some relief. 

I swear this dude is a JAWJAA sports Editor. 

Here is one paragraph from said article.  I Could have wrote it in 2 sentences. 🤣

No. 3 Peach County made waves with its statement-making opening schedule: Class AAAAAA Northside-Warner Robins; Class AAAAAA Lee County on the road; Class AAAAAA Houston County and Class AAAA Mary Persons at home. The statement: “We want to see how we match up with anyone in the state."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. 

Carrollton  definitely showed that Rome can be scored on, and, Warner Robins can certainly put up points. 5A is gonna be kinda fun to keep track of this season with all the offenses scoring so much. 

Yeah Rome definitely took a hit on defense (hence all the points given up). I expect for Carrollton to go far as well....even Jones County. Can't forget about Stockbridge either....but I got my money on WR to right their wrongs and win the chip.

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I know this is a big instate game and I am not all up on the JawJaa HS scene.  Hawg I am counting on you to post something that those of us who can't take counting all those damn AAAAAAAAAAAs will be able to read.  Asking in advance for a friend sir😎 I tried one article in a Newspaper and I stopped after the 4th line due to Eye fatigue and all I could see was AAAAA's Though they did sneak in a Number once for some relief. 

Here is one paragraph from said article.  I Could have wrote it in 2 sentences. 🤣

No. 3 Peach County made waves with its statement-making opening schedule: Class AAAAAA Northside-Warner Robins; Class AAAAAA Lee County on the road; Class AAAAAA Houston County and Class AAAA Mary Persons at home. The statement: “We want to see how we match up with anyone in the state."

Peach County did better against Lee County than 8A FL state championship Dr.Phillips... 

And by that I mean they only lost by 33 points... Not 35... 

7 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Haha. 

I have found myself wondering of after 2 more expansions, for example, if they'll still be so stubborn with all the AAAAAAAAA's. I mean by then there would be 9 or 10 A's all in a line. 

It's so much easier to read and understand if you just use a couple of numbers with a hyphen or a slash. 

Region 6-9A or region 6/9A rather than region 6 AAAAAAAAA. Especially when mentioning multiple teams. 

If there was a story about 9A Colquitt playing 9A Grayson at the Corky Kell where a few other 9A teams were mixing it up...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA vs AAAAAAAAAAAA and in the next game AAAAAAAA vs. AAAAAAA etc. 

Good lord man. 

Alas, I'm not a sports writer and people like down in Georgia get so easily confused by numbers and letters intermingling. 

Hell, math equations look like this down here...

ab35c64d34ff86d5bb28b2848228b7ad.gif.8c29e85ac6aa73d718f218a566ee0629.gif

xD

• Haha 5