MC 43 STA 27 final.

954gator

Miami Central wins because they can get after the QB. They will force STA in some problems and the D will be able to capitalize. They are born for these types of games. 

STA has problems with teams that cal match their speed and athleticism. Besides the stud transfers they always accumulate, the rest of the roster is sprinkled with typical private school kids. MC will look better getting off the bus if you catch my drift. 

STA's defense is flat nasty too. But I just feel MC will take advantage more than STA will to pull out the win. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Miami Central wins because they can get after the QB. They will force STA in some problems and the D will be able to capitalize. They are born for these types of games. 

STA has problems with teams that cal match their speed and athleticism. Besides the stud transfers they always accumulate, the rest of the roster is sprinkled with typical private school kids. MC will look better getting off the bus if you catch my drift. 

STA's defense is flat nasty too. But I just feel MC will take advantage more than STA will to pull out the win. 

good assessment; can't necessarily disagree

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Maybe because they dress a lot of kids, but Trust me STA passes the eye test.

My issue with MC is the special teams.  STA defense is the real deal and MCs QB doesnt like to run.  If MC struggles to move the ball they could get stuck in their own zone which could be very dangerous for them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Maybe because they dress a lot of kids, but Trust me STA passes the eye test.

My issue with MC is the special teams.  STA defense is the real deal and MCs QB doesnt like to run.  If MC struggles to move the ball they could get stuck in their own zone which could be very dangerous for them.

From what i watched in dematha game only sta defense passes the eye test 

Offense still iffy 

Not as bad as last year but sure as hell wasn't elite 

Just now, Columbiafan said:

From what i watched in dematha game only sta defense passes the eye test 

Offense still iffy 

Not as bad as last year but sure as hell wasn't elite 

STA’s defense is the best I’ve seen this year IMO so I’m glad they passed your eyebtest.   Offense just needs to not turn the ball over.   Their Oline is better than last year that’s for sure, but lets be honest I expect their offense to struggle vs MC (as would almost any team’s offense)

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

STA’s defense is the best I’ve seen this year IMO so I’m glad they passed your eyebtest.   Offense just needs to not turn the ball over.   Their Oline is better than last year that’s for sure, but lets be honest I expect their offense to struggle vs MC (as would almost any team’s offense)

Their defense is loaded I'll definitely give sta that

I saw a few small creases in the defense but if you look hard enough you can find a weakness in any defense but for a high school defense they are one of best I've seen this year 

The OL does look solid however I don't see this sta team being one that would win a shootout if they get into one with a team that finds a way to get a crease in that defense 

In other words if at some point in playoffs that defense imploads i don't think sta will get enough from passing game to win 

That's where i see a small crack in that invincible armor that people are trying to make them

Sta is good but beatable, i think a top 25-50 nation level team or maybe a top 5-10 FL team in the right matchup could take them to their limit

People can assume I'm just hating on them but I'm being honest based on what i saw so far 

They are better than last year but i don't think they up to 2014-2016 level 

56 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

However, STA has had some special team hiccups in big games before, right? DBP.

If MC could have kicked every kick into the endzone vs SJC the game might have ended up completely different.  SJC was getting returns from the 10-15 to the 40-50 on those kickoffs.   A 3 and out would end up with MC pinned after a punt lol.  When you have teams with good defenses the starting position is HUGE.    

53 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

People can assume I'm just hating on them but I'm being honest based on what i saw so far 

Then be honest about MC.   How about their slow and/or more lackluster starts vs quality opponents thus far?  If that trend continues do they punch back like in prior games or does STA extend an early lead?   Is starting slow a weakness?   It seems only STA is discussed, why?   We know why.   

Humor us, what weakness can STA expose vs MC?  Are there any?   Analyze MC for us from what you've seen so far.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

Then be honest about MC.   How about their slow and/or more lackluster starts vs quality opponents thus far?  If that trend continues do they punch back like in prior games or does STA extend an early lead?   Is starting slow a weakness?   It seems only STA is discussed, why?   We know why.   

Humor us, what weakness can STA expose vs MC?  Are there any?   Analyze MC for us from what you've seen so far.  

Quote me where i said MC was perfect, yeah they got weaknesses 

They didn't go for the kill against SJC

They had multiple opportunities to win that game and failed to capitalize and if they don't take advantage of their chances with sta it will backfire 

I don't think either blows the other out,  i picked Central bc I have a gut feeling that they will do enough to win but sta winning won't surprise me

Even though i haven't seen MC as extensively as sta one thing I have heard is MC isn't as strong in the back end of defense (secondary)  however passing isn't sta strength so i don't think they can capitalize on it

Sta has a solid OL which will have toughest test of season against MC 

Biggest question is can MC score enough on that defense,  MC may need to score on special teams or defense if they want to win and force turnovers to get good field position and limit mistakes