De La Salle v. Buchanan

ThunderRam

After 1Q, it looks like DLS might have a game. It's currently 14-13 DLS.

I've been telling the NorCal board folks about Kendall Milton of Buchanan all week. He might be the best player in NorCal and possibly all of CA. The kid is legit.

He's playing both ways,  so their spelling him at RB a bit. But down 14-0 he ripped off a 72-yd TD run them followed that up with a 50 yard screen pass then scored from 3 yards out to close to 14-13.

DLS's offense is starting to hit its stride.  Hale is slinging it and dropping dimes this far.

Here's a live stream if anyone is interested. FWIW, Kendall Milton is the #2 rated RB in the class of 2020 by Rivals. I'm watching this game and IMG/MD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPe-sodVKjA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Buchanan had a nice little response after going down 14-0. Hale looks so comfortable out there now...even though he just threw his first int of the year. DLS offense and defense now asserting themselves though. Daley and Hearns are going to catch a lot of balls from Hale this year and especially next. 

Spartans driving again.....

• Like 2

It seems pretty obvious DLS will win this game, but I appreciate seeing a talent like Kendall Milton go against a defense this caliber. He's had 2 big plays thus far -- one via run and one via screen pass -- it'll be interesting if DLS will allow him to muster anything else.

Buchanan has decent size on the line and they were ripping open some holes early on. But DJ Stevenson's inability to hit on some easy slants and drags has DLS jumping Milton.

• Like 1

28-13 DLS at half.

The Buchanan RB is uh....pretty good to say the least. I’m guessing he’s going to have a nice career at Stanford. Buchanan’s going to need more than him to keep this close. 

DLS looks poised to blow this open in the second half in my opinion. The defense is starting to shut down the Bears, and the offense starting to click and are making plays. I really like what I’m seeing from Hale and the offense even though they’ve turned over a couple of times. 5 wideouts?!!! Wtf?!🤣

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

28-13 DLS at half.

The Buchanan RB is uh....pretty good to say the least. I’m guessing he’s going to have a nice career at Stanford.

Milton isn't committed to Stanford. That's Brock Jones -- the kid that just returned the KO to the DLS 28.

Milton is being recruited by all the top schools and will commit later this year.

• Thanks 1